PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash

Hitman
12-10-2005, 08:57 AM
I have to admit, I love this guy's game. Even more so since he left the Mavs. He is so good...and honestly, I don't remember him being this good. Watched him last night against the Knicks...the guy is awesome. He might be the MVP again. The Suns are 13-5 without Amare. Maybe he is one of those guys who gets better in his 30's.

MavsFanFinley
12-10-2005, 12:14 PM
I agree. I don't remember him playing this good when he was in Dallas. And it's not just the passes or the timely shots it's that his defense looks better. Not great and nothing special but a few steps up than what he was giving in Dallas.

dude1394
12-10-2005, 12:34 PM
It sort of looks like having dirk/steve/fin on the same team sort of stunted all of them somewhat. Instead of being THE man, they were always part of it. Mike's time has passed but you could say the same about him as well.

alby
12-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Without question Nash is playing better than he did when he was on the Mavericks. In fact, I believe he is playing better than last year as well when he won the MVP.

Five-ofan
12-10-2005, 03:41 PM
He had absolutely no business winning the mvp last year though. That said he is great this year, Dirk is still more valuable than he is but Nash has been very good.

dirno2000
12-10-2005, 04:19 PM
With Amare sitting out I'd say that Nash is just as vital to his teams success as Dirk. I know Nash has another All-Star but Marion needs somebody to set him up.

Doesn't matter though...if Dallas wins the West, Dirk will be the MVP.

Murphy3
12-10-2005, 07:31 PM
I was actually in the process of preparing a thread talking about how odd it was that Dirk and Nash are both putting up better numbers now that they're no longer playing together. I do believe that Nash is the beneficiary of having tremendous athletes on his team which allows him to rack up more assists than if he were just playing on a team that was primarly full of jumpshooters..