PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Starting Rotation

Drbio
03-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Who do you think the Rangers will have in the starting rotation on opening day? I will go with the following (PS - you heard it here first).

1. Chan Ho Park (20 game win candidate)
2. Kenny Rogers (did you see him popping the glove this week? WOW!)Rogers Link (http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/tex/news/tex_news_story.jsp?article_id=mlb_20020313_rogers_ news&team_id=tex)
3. Doug Davis (get ready for this kid to be a household name)
4. Ismael Valdez (If the blisters stay away)
5. Hideki Irabu (this will sound odd, but he could be the free agent signing of the year with this offense)

Bayliss
03-13-2002, 10:50 PM
<< Who do you think the Rangers will have in the starting rotation on opening day? I will go with the following (PS - you heard it here first).

1. Chan Ho Park (20 game win candidate)
2. Kenny Rogers (did you see him popping the glove this week? WOW!)Rogers Link
3. Doug Davis (get ready for this kid to be a household name)
4. Ismael Valdez (If the blisters stay away)
5. Hideki Irabu (this will sound odd, but he could be the free agent signing of the year with this offense) >>

Chan Ho Park could do some good things. Kenny Rogers just needs some run support. Wow he still has it. Hideki Irabu? George Steinbrenner called him a fat toad. He has no game left.

Actually, if and I know it's a big if Justin Thompson ever gets healthy......

Drbio
03-13-2002, 10:55 PM
Thompson will be on rehab assignments throughout the first two MONTHS of the season. He is soft tossing now. I don't expect him to contribute until the last half of the year if at all this season. As for Irabu, he is starting his games slow, but finishing well. The guy is popping the mitt and has 3 of the Rangers 11 wins this spring. Also, he was awesome in the Mexican leageus this offseason. Several sports writers have him on their comeback of the year lists as a guy to watch. He has also lost about 30 pounds and looks good. I think you underestimate him. The only way I see Irabu NOT making the rotation is if the Rangers pull off another trade for pitching. This is being rumored around the league right now as a possibility (Ponson, Thomson (Rockies), etc).

Bayliss
03-13-2002, 11:03 PM
<< He has also lost about 30 pounds >>

So what is he down to? 450? 400? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Well I was in favor of getting rid of Juan to get Thompson.... man he was awesome against Griffey.... but I think it is a curse with Texas pitching.

Drbio, do you think Texas has a chance to move past the Yankees? The Yankees to the Rangers are like the Lakers to the Mavs.... just never quite seem to get over the hump but it's got to happen one of these days.

Drbio
03-13-2002, 11:07 PM
I don't think the Rangers are ready to make that step just yet, but they are a &quot;great team in waiting&quot;. This team will contend for a playoff spot this year. I just don't think they have the arms to propel them past the Yanks, A's, Seattle and BoSox. That offense will be fun to watch though. The 1000 run count watch will begin soon.