PDA

View Full Version : Adbur-Rahim Out With Broken Jaw

MavsFanFinley
12-28-2005, 01:42 AM
I watched the game. It was a hard hit but I can't believe it broke his jaw.

Adbur-Rahim Out With Broken Jaw

27th December, 2005 - 11:58 pm

Sacramento Bee - Kings power forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim suffered a broken jaw against the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday night, X-rays revealed Tuesday.

There is no known timetable for Abdur-Rahim's absence. From Sacramento, Abdur-Rahim said he and trainer Pete Youngman will assess the situation Wednesday morning to decide on further measures.

Abdur-Rahim was hit in the jaw by Trail Blazers forward Zach Randolph but continued to play in the game. Abdur-Rahim said the X-ray was merely a precautionary measure, and he was surprised when the news came that his jaw was broken. He flew with the team to Los Angeles late Monday night and returned the next morning.

Drbio
12-28-2005, 02:11 AM
Great....he's on my fantasy team.

alby
12-28-2005, 02:18 AM
now sac will start winning...

OzMavs
12-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Eating food through a straw won't be that hard for a Kings player, they learnt how to suck when C-Webb left.

chumdawg
12-28-2005, 03:07 AM
SOFT!

dude1394
12-28-2005, 11:52 AM
SOFT!

http://xenafan.com/movies/ghostbusters/marshmallow.gif

kg_veteran
12-28-2005, 11:54 AM
now sac will start winning...

Last night, without the curse of Shareef on the court, the Kings blew out the Clippers in LA.

MavsFanFinley
12-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Last night, without the curse of Shareef on the court, the Kings blew out the Clippers in LA.

Did you watch the game? They looked so good out there. Of course it helped that Brad Miller was hitting his jumpers again and Bibby was on another level. They also got some solid play out of Williamson, Thomas, and Skinner. The young guys (Garcia, Martin) really stepped up when needed too.

mavsman55
12-28-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't want to sound inconsiderate, but how does a broken jaw prevent someone from playing basketball? Hopefully he'll be out 1-2 weeks, max. Anything longer than that is pointless.

Drbio
12-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Although I think SAR is a baby, have you ever broken your jaw? You can't fart without it hurting. I imagine he will be out at least a week and more likely 2-3.

grndmstr_c
12-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Although I think SAR is a baby, have you ever broken your jaw? You can't fart without it hurting. I imagine he will be out at least a week and more likely 2-3.
Haha. I can think of at least two South Park episodes that can back you up on that one.

birdsanctuary
12-28-2005, 10:07 PM
SACRAMENTO IS A CURSED FRANCHISE...GOLDEN STATE TOO...

MavsFanFinley
12-29-2005, 01:09 AM
Update: Rahim will be out 6 weeks after having surgery this evening to wire his jaw shut.

mcsluggo
12-29-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't want to sound inconsiderate, but how does a broken jaw prevent someone from playing basketball? Hopefully he'll be out 1-2 weeks, max. Anything longer than that is pointless.

until it heals sufficiently a broken jaw will easily be re-broken by any contact to either side (or the bottom) of the face. You are extremely vulnerable, and there is no good way to protect it.

with a busted jaw you are out for a while, though he may be able to train more easily than with abunch of other injuries, so could conceivably come back at closer to full speed than usual