PDA

View Full Version : Clooney Hooping It Up

Arne
01-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Clooney Hooping It Up

George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh's Section Eight takes center court at HBO with a new basketball-themed comedy series.

By Mark Umbach

Christina Radish Photo
Clooney and HBO tip off for new basketball series

George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh have been drafted into the NBA. According to Daily Variety, the pair's Section Eight production label has teamed up with NBA Entertainment and Maloof Television to produce an unscripted comedy series set in the world of hoops, which HBO is negotiating to pick up.

The new series will focus on the adventures of creating an expansion team in the NBA and will be told through the eyes of the team's coach, a veteran player, a up-and-coming rookie and a cheerleader. The episodes will follow the team and the key players as they struggle to find their place in the league. The untitled series will combine a mix of reality and fiction.

Although no deals are in place, former Dallas Mavericks coach Don Nelson is said to be negotiating to take the role of the coach, with former L.A. Lakers center Vlade Divac in talks to take on the role of the seasoned vet. Variety reports that the producers will have unprecedented access to the NBA during filming.

Drbio
01-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Clooney is a tool.

spreedom
01-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Clooney is a badass.

Murphy3
01-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Although no deals are in place, former Dallas Mavericks coach Don Nelson is said to be negotiating to take the role of the coach, with former L.A. Lakers center Vlade Divac in talks to take on the role of the seasoned vet. Variety reports that the producers will have unprecedented access to the NBA during filming.
Are they playing Vlade in cartons of Camels?

Drbio
01-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Clooney is a badass.

Sure if by badass you mean little bitch.

SaltwaterChaffy
01-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Doc, not to hijack too much, but could you expand on your opinion of Clooney?

Drbio
01-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Doc, not to hijack too much, but could you expand on your opinion of Clooney?

I was a little vague wasn't I?

:p

sike
01-19-2006, 12:47 AM
by tool to you mean like craftsman?....or like a dollar general brand wrench set?

Arne
01-19-2006, 04:29 AM
Clooney is one of the coolest guys ever.

Drbio
01-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Clooney is one of the coolest guys ever.

The prosecution rests. If the resident frenchie loves him you must convict.

Clooney=bitch.

spreedom
01-19-2006, 12:50 PM
I don't get what's NOT to like about him.. his movies are always entertaining, he's a very talented actor and director, and he has every woman on the planet eating out of the palm of his hand.. jealousy, or what? I don't see why you just call him a bitch without justifying it.. especially considering how successful he is..

Big Boy Laroux
01-19-2006, 04:02 PM
plus he once took a dump in his roommate's cat's litter box, and said it was the cat.

Arne
01-19-2006, 04:51 PM
The prosecution rests. If the resident frenchie loves him you must convict.

Clooney=bitch. This will be the ten thousand time that I remind you to not call me frenchie or frenchman or anything like that. I'm German, punk.

FreshJive
01-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Nellie as an actor?...and Vlade looked too old to be a believable NBAer when he actually played.

Also "Section Eight" is a nauseatingly pretentious name for a Clooney production company. It sounds like an underground rap label.

Drbio
01-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Stupid little bitch. This will be the ten thousand time that I remind you to not call me frenchie or frenchman or anything like that. I'm German, punk.

Shut up frenchie .

Drbio
01-19-2006, 10:24 PM
I don't get what's NOT to like about him.. his movies are always entertaining, he's a very talented actor and director, and he has every woman on the planet eating out of the palm of his hand.. jealousy, or what? I don't see why you just call him a bitch without justifying it.. especially considering how successful he is..

His movies are NOT always entertaining.
He sucked on ER.
Talented? your opinion. many disagree.
every woman? No. I know plenty who think him the pompous ass, unattractive, and worse...a dimocrat.
jealous of a bitch? nope.

Noone needs to "justify" not liking someone. That is a preference....an opinion. After thinking about it though you have convinced me to change my opinion. He is a big bitch.