PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili

Bookit
02-01-2006, 11:46 PM
I am watching the SA/Portland game and Ginobili makes me sick. He is, without a doubt, the biggest flopper ever. He flops more than Malone and Stockton combined. What a moron.

Male30Dan
02-02-2006, 12:26 AM
I am watching the SA/Portland game and Ginobili makes me sick. He is, without a doubt, the biggest flopper ever. He flops more than Malone and Stockton combined. What a moron.

While I understand where you are coming from and I likewise can't stand watching him due to all of his flopping, there is no way he flops as much as those two guys combined... They were fish out of water! :)

Drbio
02-02-2006, 12:59 AM
If Bookit had said "in the same class as Malone and Stockton".....

;)

Male30Dan
02-02-2006, 01:02 AM
If Bookit had said "in the same class as Malone and Stockton".....

;)

That I could agree with! :)

Dtownsfinest
02-02-2006, 01:35 AM

What makes him a moron? Dirk made it a horrible habit of flopping around last season. I say let Gino continue to do it. He's not gonna get those calls in the playoffs. Even Vlade couldn't sell it to the refs.

Bookit
02-02-2006, 09:02 AM
What makes him a moron? Dirk made it a horrible habit of flopping around last season. I say let Gino continue to do it. He's not gonna get those calls in the playoffs. Even Vlade couldn't sell it to the refs.

Flopping is a MAJOR part of Ginobili's game. That is what makes him a moron. And you responses make you look like a closet Spurs fan.

George Gervin
02-02-2006, 10:00 AM

I'm glad a Mav fan said it because if I did all hell would have broken loose. Dirk falls down alot after he shoots and it bugs me a little bit but I don't criticize him for it. Actually Manu has stopped his flopping to almost nothing this season. What bookit is referring to is when people touch him he exaggerates the contact. if people don't put ther hands on him they have nothing to worry about it. There is alot of acting going on in the NBA but Manu seems to get lots of attention from rivals.

Bookit
02-02-2006, 10:21 AM
if people don't put ther hands on him they have nothing to worry about it.

GG, come on. I have hated it when Dirk drove to the hoop and flinged his arms around and made no attemp to actually make the basket. Avery put a stop to that. It is almost comical to watch Ginobili THIS SEASON. There was a play the other night against the Jazz that made me ill. It was late in the game and Harpring tried to drive baseline and Gino was guarding him. Feeling that Harpring had a step on him, Ginobili lowered his head into Harpring's chest and just ran full speed driving Harpring out of bounds. Ginobili didn't use his hands so Gino was merely trying to make it look like Harpring dragged HIM out of bounds. There was a double foul on the play because the ref had to call something. You remember?

This is Ginobili's game in a nutshell. He would rather cheat than play ligitimately most of the time. "Moron" is maybe too nice.

dude1394
02-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Actually Dirk falls down a lot after he shoots to avoid ankle injuries, or more serious ones.

But I agree I thought he went for the foul last year instead of trying to finish and it cost him. I haven't seen that nearly as much this season. As far as ginobbli? who knows.

George Gervin
02-02-2006, 10:35 AM
if people don't put ther hands on him they have nothing to worry about it.

GG, come on. I have hated it when Dirk drove to the hoop and flinged his arms around and made no attemp to actually make the basket. Avery put a stop to that. It is almost comical to watch Ginobili THIS SEASON. There was a play the other night against the Jazz that made me ill. It was late in the game and Harpring tried to drive baseline and Gino was guarding him. Feeling that Harpring had a step on him, Ginobili lowered his head into Harpring's chest and just ran full speed driving Harpring out of bounds. Ginobili didn't use his hands so Gino was merely trying to make it look like Harpring dragged HIM out of bounds. There was a double foul on the play because the ref had to call something. You remember?

This is Ginobili's game in a nutshell. He would rather cheat than play ligitimately most of the time. "Moron" is maybe too nice.

so his 'cheating' game has resulted in 2 NBA Championships and a Gold medal.. I understand you hate the guy because he always come out on top against the Mavs but to call him a cheater is silly.. the guy does what he can get away with.. so I guess when dirk flails and flops he's a cheater? I distinctly remember when the Mav were at Golden State late in the game Dirk took a jump shot and fell backwards..replays showed no contact on that play...was he cheating?

Bookit
02-02-2006, 10:43 AM
There is a difference between Dirk falling backwards to avoid contact and Gino's BS. Do you remember the play I was referring too? But yes, if your sole intention is to draw a foul by flinging your arms around then you are cheating. The younger refs are usually the only ones that fall for it. Last night there were a couple of times the refs didn't fall for it and Ginobili couldn't believe it. He was stunned he didn't get the call. It was hilarious. The Blazer's announcers were laughing too.

George Gervin
02-02-2006, 10:55 AM
There is a difference between Dirk falling backwards to avoid contact and Gino's BS. Do you remember the play I was referring too? But yes, if your sole intention is to draw a foul by flinging your arms around then you are cheating. The younger refs are usually the only ones that fall for it. Last night there were a couple of times the refs didn't fall for it and Ginobili couldn't believe it. He was stunned he didn't get the call. It was hilarious. The Blazer's announcers were laughing too.

so why does dirk have to avoid the contact? wouldn't he want the opportunity for a three point play? why don't the other 98% of the NBA players fall backwards to avoid contact when they take a jump shot? So now you are caveating 'cheating' to remove Dirk form that category and then you add flinging arms' tp prover a point..sorry skippy but I see Dirk do that quite a bit too..by the way I accept the fact that acting occurs in the NBA and I am not criticizing Dirk for doing that but you are being a hypocrite.. which is par for the course for bookit..

Bookit
02-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Do you remember the play I have been referring too with Gino and Harpring? I have already stated that I hate it when Dirk flings his arms about. It isn't right. But you have to admit that Ginobili does this on almost every play when the game is close. I didn't see the play were Dirk fell backwards. If he did that with the sole intention of drawing a foul then that is cheating.

but you are being a hypocrite.. which is par for the course for bookit..

Hmm..personal attack? Why?

spreedom
02-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Dirk falls after jumpshots to avoid ankle injuries?... that's the dumbest thing I've ever read..

Bookit
02-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Dirk falls after jumpshots to avoid ankle injuries?... that's the dumbest thing I've ever read..

Show us where someone said that Dirk falls after jumpshots to avoid ankle injuries.

Bookit
02-02-2006, 11:10 AM

Sorry, you're right, that was written here. I think he was referring to not wanting to come down on someone's foot after the jumpshot.

Drbio
02-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Wow...I've never seen Bookit attack anyone. To call that par for the course is just wrong and well, stupid.

George Gervin
02-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Wow...I've never seen Bookit attack anyone. To call that par for the course is just wrong and well, stupid.

well par for the course when it comes to me..no need to apoligize but you are wrong.. or are you stupid?... now was that nice of me to say? no. and it was not for you either..

Drbio
02-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Don't let the door hit on the rear end on the way out if you really feel bad. Bookit has never attacked anyone. You sir are the one who is wrong.

capitalcity
02-02-2006, 11:39 AM
International Soccer Player Syndrome

Gino's got a raging case of the ISPS... maybe because 2006 is a World Cup year.

u2sarajevo
02-02-2006, 11:50 AM
well par for the course when it comes to me..no need to apoligize but you are wrong.. or are you stupid?... now was that nice of me to say? no. and it was not for you either..Please read the community standards found under the FAQ. And stop being disrespectful.

Thanks!

George Gervin
02-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Please read the community standards found under the FAQ. And stop being disrespectful.

Thanks!

so it's ok for someone to call me stupid..and not ok if i call them stupid back? if i am being disrectectful then what does that make the person who called me stupid first? a mavericks fan? a poster with 12,000 + posts?

Drbio
02-02-2006, 12:14 PM
I wasn't offended by Gervin, but he was off base in terms of accusing Bookit. And you have to agree that a baseless allegation against a member isn't smart right?

George Gervin
02-02-2006, 12:22 PM
I wasn't offended by Gervin, but he was off base in terms of accusing Bookit. And you have to agree that a baseless allegation against a member isn't smart right?

baseless to you maybe but whomever he/she is always is antagonistic towards me on a consistent basis. I sink to that level and reply..which i should not..

Drbio
02-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Eh...we agree to disagree. I've never seen Bookit attack anyone...this thread included.

Bookit
02-02-2006, 12:36 PM
GG, where was I antagonistic toward you? Ginobili maybe but not you personally. But isn't this thriead great for Spurs/Mavs fan relations?

BTW, thanks for the support Drbio.

sike
02-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Eh...we agree to disagree. I've never seen Bookit attack anyone...this thread included.
once he jumped in an alley....he was crazy for my cupcakes.....

.....cousin.

Dtownsfinest
02-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Flopping is a MAJOR part of Ginobili's game. That is what makes him a moron. And you responses make you look like a closet Spurs fan.

Wow. I think my posts show that i'm not a Mavs homer. I'm a fan of the NBA in general which is why my posts don't show Mavs homerism. Not sure how my post above made me look like a Spurs fan though. I didn't condone Ginobilli's flopping around. All I did is ask what makes him a moron.

Male30Dan
02-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Wow. I think my posts show that i'm not a Mavs homer. I'm a fan of the NBA in general which is why my posts don't show Mavs homerism. Not sure how my post above made me look like a Spurs fan though. I didn't condone Ginobilli's flopping around. All I did is ask what makes him a moron.

Well, maybe moron is directed at the wrong person. Ginobili could be called a cheat maybe, but to me, it makes the refs look like morons by actually calling that crap over and over despite his reputation. He does, without question, flop with more drama that anyone else in the NBA. You would think you shocked the f'er with a cattle prod the way his arms and legs flail around...

Bookit
02-02-2006, 04:42 PM

Sorry for that Dtown. Ginobili makes we me angry. :)

The Crippler
02-02-2006, 06:21 PM
How about this...F Ginobli, F the Spurs, and F the spurs fans that come over here looking for acceptance. I dispise all of you and wish Ginobli would break his big ass beak of a nose.

Dtownsfinest
02-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Sorry for that Dtown. Ginobili makes we me angry. :)

Can't stand the guy either to be honest. The thing that has frustrated me the most about him is how everyone overrates him. He's a good talent but all star? Coaches actually voted him in? He and Wally Sczerbiak are on the top of my list of players I hate in the NBA. Just something about those two I can't stand.

dude1394
02-03-2006, 12:05 AM

Actually my statement was:

Actually Dirk falls down a lot after he shoots to avoid ankle injuries, or more serious ones.

And I stand by it, he does it gonig to the basket, he will tumble to not try and put weight on the ankle and he spreads his legs sometimes when guys are jumping out at him on a jumpshot to keep someone like bowen from getting their feet under him.

It's actually not that uncommon when someone is running at the shooters for them to fall backwards at all.

rakesh.s
02-03-2006, 12:15 AM
http://dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24090

TVI
02-03-2006, 06:25 AM
Can't stand the guy either to be honest. The thing that has frustrated me the most about him is how everyone overrates him.I'm not sure how often you actually watch him play, but I can guarantee you, overrated is the absolute last word I'd use to describe him. That guy simply changes the course of games when he plays. There's no other way to describe it. For example in the recent San Antonio, Minnesota game, Spurs were up by four points with about five minutes to play. Ginobilli stepped on the court, and immediately made his presence felt. He penetrated, hit tough layups, hit free throws, played fantastic defense, got a steal, hit a three-pointer, and in a couple minutes the Spurs were up by 13. Just take a look at his plus/minus numbers. There's no question that the guy is an All-Star. Injuries will probably keep him out this year, but he certainly deserved it last year.

Thespiralgoeson
02-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Flopping didn't change the fact that Karl Malone and John Stockton were two of the greatest players ever at their respective positions, and it doesn't change the fact that Ginobili is a hell of a player. Not someone I'd call overrated by any means. Really, there's only a handful of players I'd rather have at the 2 than Manu.

Kobe
T-Mac
VC
Pierce
Wade
Allen
Redd

That's it. Pretty short list. I might take Ricky Davis or Joe Johnson over Manu, but those guys both seem to have some baggage. My point is, Manu's a tremendous player, and flopping doesn't make him any less of a player, let alone a moron. And he very much deserved his all-star spot last year. He was HUGE for the Spurs last year, and I personally think he, not Duncan, should've been the finals MVP.

All that being said, I HATE him, because he's a Spur.

Dtownsfinest
02-03-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm not sure how often you actually watch him play, but I can guarantee you, overrated is the absolute last word I'd use to describe him. That guy simply changes the course of games when he plays. There's no other way to describe it. For example in the recent San Antonio, Minnesota game, Spurs were up by four points with about five minutes to play. Ginobilli stepped on the court, and immediately made his presence felt. He penetrated, hit tough layups, hit free throws, played fantastic defense, got a steal, hit a three-pointer, and in a couple minutes the Spurs were up by 13. Just take a look at his plus/minus numbers. There's no question that the guy is an All-Star. Injuries will probably keep him out this year, but he certainly deserved it last year.

All I can go by is what I see from him on TNT or NBA TV and in my opinion he's overrated. When I use the term overrated I don't mean he's a bad player. When the term overrated is use people all of a sudden think it means "bad" whichis not the case. Pretty good player and a hell of a role player but could you build a team around him? An All Star is a guy that a team can build a guy around IMO.

Kobe
T-Mac
VC
Pierce
Wade
Allen
Redd

That's it. Pretty short list. I might take Ricky Davis or Joe Johnson over Manu, but those guys both seem to have some baggage. My point is, Manu's a tremendous player, and flopping doesn't make him any less of a player, let alone a moron. And he very much deserved his all-star spot last year. He was HUGE for the Spurs last year, and I personally think he, not Duncan, should've been the finals MVP.

I could add to the list but i'm guessing the guys i'd add like Lebron, RIP Hamilton and Maggette are more 3's than 2's I suppose. And you say your list is short but for an all star that's a pretty deep list. And Gino has the rings but as a fan of the game I think you could argue for JRich and Ben Gordon but that may be a bit far fetched.

Thespiralgoeson
02-03-2006, 07:41 PM
An All Star is a guy that a team can build a guy around IMO.

You obviously overrate what an All-Star is. MVP is a guy you build a team around. 1st team all-nba is a guy you can build a team around. All-star is guy who's having a nice season, and Manu certainly did that last year. Jamall Magloire was an all-star two years ago, you think you could build a team around him?

I could add to the list but i'm guessing the guys i'd add like Lebron, RIP Hamilton and Maggette are more 3's than 2's I suppose. And you say your list is short but for an all star that's a pretty deep list. And Gino has the rings but as a fan of the game I think you could argue for JRich and Ben Gordon but that may be a bit far fetched.

LeBron is a 3, period. I'd honestly take Manu over Rip, but that's me. And it IS a short list, because of the seven guys I listed 4 of them are in the Eastern conference and two of them are bonafied superstars.

Edit: Yes, you could make a case for JRich, but I'd personally take Manu because he's a better passer and defender. And Ginobili is flat-out better than Ben Gordon.

alby
02-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Manu is overrated.

spreedom
02-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Manu is overrated.

Doesn't change the fact that he's one of the top 5 or 7 players at his position...