PDA

View Full Version : Poll: hank blalock - rookie of the year?

Murphy3
03-18-2002, 10:30 PM
vote please

Drbio
03-18-2002, 10:37 PM
Absolutely. The George Brett comparisons are not just lip service. This guy is as solid as they come. Check my post about the future of the Rangers to see his incredible plate presence. I haven't seen a can't miss kid in years. This guy impresses the hell out of me with his plate awareness, plate discipline, hustle, fielding skills, knowledge of the game, and dedication to fitness. He does it all.

Murphy3
03-18-2002, 10:56 PM
and he is so young.
to be honest, he might have a bit more home run pop in his bat than george brett when it's all said and done

madape
03-19-2002, 09:35 AM
How much time is blaylock going to get this year. I really haven't been keeping up with spring training much, but isn't he still behind Lamb? I'd much rather see Blaylock in the starting lineup most nights.

The Crippler
03-19-2002, 10:11 AM
the rangers are trying to move Lamb to a utility type player. I don't think this bodes well for Cat. I would much rather have Cat than Lamb b/c lamb is slow as a sloth.

I thought Hank needed some time in AAA before the year, but I was wrong.

Blonde Bomber
03-19-2002, 03:25 PM
I think the Rangers will eventually move Lamb. He might be on the opening day roster but look for him to be moved before the All-Star break.

Drbio
03-19-2002, 03:27 PM
I see Blalock as the starter. Lamb doesn't have the trade value right now. Unfortunately I see them keeping Lamb in the utility role and trading Cat. Stupid move though. Arizona, Baltimore and several others would all trade for Lamb as they all need third basemen. The Rangers are stacked there this year. Speaking of stacked...the AAA OKC team is going to look like a mlb team this season. Man the Rangers farm is deep this year.

The Crippler
03-19-2002, 03:40 PM
agreed doc...I hope they don't trade Cat, but moving Lamb around and the emergence of Romano this spring makes me think they will. He has the highest trade value.

Murphy3
03-20-2002, 01:51 AM
honestly..cat will either start at dh, left field, or second.
the rangers have talked about starting cat in left, kapler in center, and juan in right while everett is getting ready to play...
with greer coming off of the bench.
....if everett isn't ready to dh, then cat will dh and greer will play left.

if everett is ready to play center... kapler or greer will play left, cat will dh, everett will be in center... or kapler will play left, greer will dh, everett in center...and cat at 2nd.

anyway you look at it..as long as cat continues to hit, he will be the rangers lead-off hitter

MFFL
03-24-2002, 12:19 AM
I was kinda hoping that Blalock would stay in triple A this year. But he is just too good to leave there.

Murphy3
03-24-2002, 07:45 PM
no way i'd want him in triple A.
it's been awhile since the rangers actually had a player come up through the minors with such hype that actually was ready for the majors

Drbio
03-24-2002, 07:48 PM
Um, David Clyde?

I sure hope he fares better than David did.

MFFL
03-24-2002, 09:11 PM
The Rangers have already announced Blalock as the opening day starter at 3rd base.

Murphy3
03-24-2002, 09:20 PM
blalock has been amazing on every level..in winter ball..everywhere.

he will be amazing here as well

grbh
03-25-2002, 02:56 AM
Didn't Clyde come straight from high school. the hype was ther for him though.