PDA

View Full Version : Spurs @ Indiana

capitalcity
02-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Is anybody else watching this one?

Indiana is keeping it close despite ALL the calls going san antonio's way. Manu has apparently taught young Tony the art of the flop.

spreedom
02-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Snapper is a fuckin' idiot... Bill Walton might be the master of hyperbole, but his basketball analysis has been solid thusfar this afternoon.

MavsFanFinley
02-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Spurs leading despite Duncan laying an egg.

Dtownsfinest
02-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Snapper's the idiot lol? Bill Walton made a comment about Jeff Foster being one of the best players in collegiate history in Texas. Not his exact words but something along those lines. I do get a kick out of those type of comments though. Maybe that's why I watch ABC/ESPN games.

Thus far the Spurs look pretty bad IMO. And they're still up. If they manage to play this poor throughout the game than Pacers may have a chance. The bad news is that Pacers aren't playing bad ball its just they're too depleated. No Tinlsey and No Jermaine. Let's just hope they can keep it close. Peja and Jaravaiaoivjdiofvasvisoavjd(?) are lightning up the Spurs right now. Anthony Johnson is playing good ball as well.

spreedom
02-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Snapper is argumentative and doesn't understand any kind of subtleties of the game.. example..

Sarunas Jasikevicius lofted a high-arching, fairly casual pass into Pollard about a foot away from the hoop.. San Antonio immediately collapsed on Pollard and forced a very tough shot.

Walton said that the pass needs to be a lot more direct so the defense doesn't have time to react (which I agree with) but Snapper said that was the right kind of pass to throw. I know it's a really small thing, but that, compounded on the fact that Snapper sounds like he's got a mouth full of marbles when he's talking, make it really tough to listen to him.

capitalcity
02-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Pacers are really struggling to move the ball on offense. They just seem all discombobulated... hopefully they can figure it out in the second half. Spurs are just trodding along with their usual boring game.

Parker has really come into his own this season. I hope the mavs are paying particular attention to his maturation. It's pretty obvious Duncan isn't himself this year - stop parker and you'll have a good chance of beating the spurs.

Minus Horry, their bench doesn't scare me at all. Spurs just look OLD.

Dtownsfinest
02-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Let's not take for granted what this Spurs team is. They have played mediocre ball this season and still have the #1 seed in the West. I don't think its uncharacteristic of them to be playing lackadasical throughout the first half of the season and then about 3/4's of the season start to turn it on. What they do now I don't care about. I want to see how they end the season and if they end it playing poor I like the Mavs chances this year.

capitalcity
02-12-2006, 01:41 PM
I can't express in words how happy it makes me to see Finley sparing it up for san antonio.

Lets go pacers... up 60-58.

Dtownsfinest
02-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I can't express in words how happy it makes me to see Finley sparing it up for san antonio.

Just curious but why are you so happy to see Finley sparing it up for San Antonio?

Dtownsfinest
02-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Tie game thus far. If Pacers can continue this type of play then they maybe can take this. This game is wayyyyy too close for a team that doesn't have Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinlsey. They've got to like their situation. Is Duncan still be troubled by the flu? He looks like crap out there. If it wasn't for Nazr Mohammed this game wouldn't even be this close.

DirkGoesNuclear
02-12-2006, 01:46 PM

too many blown chances for indy

Bookit
02-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Parker is amazing sometimes around the basket. How does a little guy like that ALWAYS finish when he is underneath the hoop?

MavsFanFinley
02-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Nazr is keeping the Spurs in the game. All those offensive rbs that have resulted in putbacks. Then he just nailed a jumper.

Parker has been amazing this year.

capitalcity
02-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Just curious but why are you so happy to see Finley sparing it up for San Antonio?Are you serious?

MavsFanFinley
02-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Some Mavs fans want to see Finley fail for other reasons than that he plays for the rival Spurs.

DirkGoesNuclear
02-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Finley's game has fallen off the cliff. If he's not making jumpers he hurts his team.

DirkGoesNuclear
02-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Peja!!!1

TVI
02-12-2006, 02:10 PM
The Spurs will have games like this from time to time-- which is why I disagree with Chum's assertion that they expended a lot of energy early. I have yet to see them play up to even close what I think their potential is this year. Duncan has been a shell of his usual self this year, and if he's not better after the All-Star break, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Pop put him on the injured reserve list for a month, and let his foot heal, bringing him back with about a month left. If he continues to hobble his way through the season, then the Spurs won't go very deep into the playoffs.

capitalcity
Foster represent'n for TXST.

Pour it on Indiana!

Bookit
Spurs crying right now. It might work.

dirno2000
02-12-2006, 02:12 PM
How was that not a tech on Pop...I'm sure he screamed f*ck you at Bennet Salvatore.

MavsFanFinley
02-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Spurs are going to lose but it's a shame the Mavs couldn't gain the ground on the them.

Bookit
02-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Spurs are going to lose but it's a shame the Mavs couldn't gain the ground on the them.

I hope you are right. But the Spurs always seem to pull them out.

Locked_Up_Tonight
02-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Not sure why he took Peja out. Peja hit two critical baskets in the 4th. And he brings in a guy who couldn't throw it into the ocean.

Indiana needs to get a stop, because you can't expect to continue to score every trip down.

Locked_Up_Tonight
02-12-2006, 02:19 PM

Don't say that the Mavs "will lose" on this board. You would get crucified.

Five-ofan
02-12-2006, 02:19 PM
About the guy who said they wil give duncan a month off. If they do then it doesnt matter because there is no way they win the division if duncan misses more than 5 more games the rest of the way.

MavsFanFinley
02-12-2006, 02:20 PM
HUGE shot by Ginobli. I'm sorry but damn that was sick.

digit
02-12-2006, 02:22 PM
OH OH not good...

Locked_Up_Tonight
02-12-2006, 02:24 PM
And Sa gets a miraculous 3 by Ginobili and a miscue by Jackson to take the lead.

SA has a knack of "getting lucky."

But generally when a team does that... it is because they are good.

Five-ofan
02-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Luck is where preperation meets oppurtunity. Clutch fts jackson

Five-ofan
02-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Do NOT leave horry open for a 3.

Locked_Up_Tonight
02-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ginobili or Parker just go straight to the basket and see if they can get a foul call.

Five-ofan
02-12-2006, 02:27 PM
what the hell? Pollad is an idiot

Five-ofan
02-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Get the board if he misses

Bookit
Ginobili just plows into people to get fouls. These refs are stupid.

Locked_Up_Tonight
Stupid play by Pollard.

There is 30 seconds left and he is running away from the guy with the ball.

Bookit
02-12-2006, 02:29 PM
spurs will put it out again. Ginibili won this one.

Five-ofan
02-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Thats the best they can get?

Five-ofan
02-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Run peja off a screen

Bookit
02-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Stephen Jackson obviously thinks he is better than he really is.

MavsFanFinley
02-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Damnit. The Spurs pull it out again.

Five-ofan
02-12-2006, 02:32 PM
If thats anyone else but duncan that is a foul.

Murphy3
Indiana absolutely blew this game.

Locked_Up_Tonight
You have to shoot the ball in that situation.

I don't understand why everyone thinks the refs will call a foul in the last minute of the game. When you turn the corner... shoot the 5 footer.

Murphy3
Why?

capitalcity
02-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Bummer.

DirkGoesNuclear
02-12-2006, 02:33 PM
tough loss for indy

capitalcity
02-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Minus Horry, their bench doesn't scare me at all. Spurs just look OLD.Like I said...

Five-ofan
02-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Not really once i saw the replay. Looked like one in real time but not on the replay. Jones is just an idiot. He should have elevated and made duncan actually try to make a play.

Bookit
02-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Indiana absolutely blew this game.

Sickening isn't it? They knew Ginobili had to shoot that long 3 pointer but let him come up, get into rhythm, and shoot. Dumb. SA would have gone up and bodied him up had it been Indiana.

dude1394
02-12-2006, 02:39 PM

Last play? I didn't think that last one was a foul at all, pretty out of control shot to me.

Five-ofan
02-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Yeah. It looked like a foul in real time but on the replay it wasnt. Jones should have elevated and made timmy try to make a real play instead of just stick his arms up in the air. Or if he could actually play basketball, he could just pull up and hit the 5-8 footer that 90% of high school players could hit.

Murphy3
02-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Sickening isn't it? They knew Ginobili had to shoot that long 3 pointer but let him come up, get into rhythm, and shoot. Dumb. SA would have gone up and bodied him up had it been Indiana.
Reminded me of the three that Nash hit in game 6 against the Mavs to send the game to overtime. There was no reason to be off of Ginobili in that situation just like there was no reason for Terry to give Nash 10 feet of room to do as he pleased.

Locked_Up_Tonight
02-12-2006, 02:50 PM
When you have the ball under a minute left:

REFS DO NOT WANT TO DECIDE THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME!

You have to shoot the d$mn ball. You have to hit the shot. But don't look for a bailout. So use your penetration to create space for an open jumper/tear drop/flip-shot/whatever. Or use your penetration to kick it out to an open teammate if the defense calllopses. But don't just drive to the rim and expect to be rewarded to the free throw line.

And that last play wasn't the problem anyway. Indiana screwed up by having an illegal defense under two minutes left... by letting Ginobili take the shot with no pressure whatsover. By Scott Pollard turning around on Ginobili.

(SA just has a way of treading water until they finally gain an advantage. They remind me of Charlie Sheen's character in Navy SEALs. The other guys thought they could hang with him underwater.... they could for a minute or two. But then they started panicking and needed to come up for air. While Sheen could still stay down there comfortably.

Another example of that is the "breath" test in The Right Stuff. Allan Shepard was over there just dying. Gordon Cooper was looking at him funny, nonchalantly. After all the guys around him collapsed, gasping for air... Gordon Cooper took out his breath and thought he'd won. Not realizing to his left John Glenn and Scott Carpenter were doing just fine and still "had plenty in the tank" to continue. The Mavericks right now is Gordon while the Spurs are Carpernter/Glenn.)

Five-ofan
02-12-2006, 02:57 PM
That is bs. Refs dont want to call a foul for non stars at the end of a game. I have seen a lot of foul calls in late game situations this year. One of them was just utterly terrible (kobes 3) and not calling a foul that is committed is just as much deciding a game as calling one that isnt.

TVI
02-12-2006, 03:08 PM
(SA just has a way of treading water until they finally gain an advantage. They remind me of Charlie Sheen's character in Navy SEALs. The other guys thought they could hang with him underwater.... they could for a minute or two. But then they started panicking and needed to come up for air. While Sheen could still stay down there comfortably.Great analogy! It's called championship poise. I'm very surprised the Spurs pulled this one out, but then again, they have pulled out tight ones before.

This entire road trip has been fraught with close games, but somehow they keep ending up on the winning end.

alby
02-12-2006, 03:20 PM
damnit, indiana had a 7 point lead with a little over a minute left wtf

TVI
02-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Man, these two teams are so close, it's unbelievable...identical road records...one game difference in the home records...

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2491/untitled9ev.gif

Dtownsfinest
02-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Are you serious?

Yea.

Murph, I was trying to think of why that Gino 3 looked so familiar. It was damn near identical to that Nash 3 last post season.

I agree though the Pacers blew this game. I figured they'd blow it at some point but never thought they would in closing minutes up by 3 possessions. The 4 point play killed them but I think what really hurt them is taking out Peja. That guy looked fine throughout the 4th. I think if you're going to give him a breather it better be at the beginning of the 4th and not the end of it. Carlisle is one of the best coaches in the league if not the best but that was definately a boneheaded decision on his part.

Thespiralgoeson
02-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Unless someone goes down I really think HCA will come down to those two games we still haven't played. Really, I can't see either team getting far enough ahead of the other that a single game, let alone two, won't decide HCA.

Dtownsfinest
02-12-2006, 10:54 PM
The downfall of that is the last 2 games are in San Antonio. Atleast they'll prepare us for what will come in June.