PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland-Detroit

Arne
02-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Man, are you guys watching this game? Rasheed Wallace is such a little punk. He gave Illgauskas an elbow right on top of his head after he passed him by.

Illgauskas had to be sewn with 5 stitches...

Arne
02-26-2006, 01:39 PM
I hate these arrogant smiles on the Piston player's faces. I'd love to see our Mavericks blow them out another time. What a team of punks.

dude1394
02-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Watching this game, lebron looks like an idiot. Forcing shots, passes, everything. Looks like he wants to be kob-lite.

Arne
02-26-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't think so at all. Lebron wasn'T forcing anything, he passed up a a lot of shots, but his teammates are just not able to do anything without him taking on the scoring load. His percentage isn't good, but still better than the percentage his team is shooting overall at the moment.

His teammates haven't produced anything, neither offensively, nor deffensively.

Offcourse this isn't a really good game by LeBron, but I don't see a Kobe-lite...

jayC
02-27-2006, 12:13 AM
I hate Detroit too. However they are really good. Lebron is only 21 and the all-star mvp. The guy has along way to go. A healthy Larry Hughes would be nice. We should thank Cleveland for giving up on Desegana Diop.

Murphy3
02-28-2006, 11:39 AM
How was Wallace not suspsended for this?

mary
02-28-2006, 11:42 AM
It was no doubt a hard foul...he probably deserved at least a game suspension.

BUT..didn't Zydrunas already have a cut on his head? I thought I heard them say the stitches from THAT ripped out and that's why he was bleeding.

I'm just saying the visual of blood running down Big Z's face might've made it look a little bit worse than what it actually was.

Arne
02-28-2006, 01:44 PM
It wasn't about the blood. I first saw the blood from another camera angle. It was nothing but a rude foul. He just hit him at the top of his head with an well-aimed elbow.

Murphy3
02-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Intentionally elbowing someone in the head in such a manner should be deserving of a suspension.

Drbio
02-28-2006, 04:04 PM
CLEVELAND -- Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace was fined $5,000 by the NBA on Monday for elbowing Cleveland Cavaliers center Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

As Ilgauskas drove for a layup in the first quarter Sunday, Wallace elbowed him in the top of the head. Blood spilled down Ilgauskas' forehead and he needed five stitches. Detroit won 90-78.

Wallace was called for a flagrant foul, which was upgraded by the league to a flagrant foul two.

Wallace declined comment before Monday's game at Cleveland, the second in two days between the teams.

"It happens," Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. "It's done."

Ilgauskas, who returned to Sunday's game, said he was feeling fine Monday. He wouldn't comment on whether he thought Wallace should have been suspended.

"It's not up to me," Ilgauskas said. "You just leave it up to the league."