PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for a balding, bulboused-nosed spare with a sense of self-entitlement?

EricaLubarsky
03-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Very sad news out of Houston...

Houston Chronicle - The Houston Rockets today waived injured guard Jon Barry, the Houston Chronicle is reporting, giving him a chance to hook up with a playoff team or retire.

Barry declined to comment until he reaches a decision whether to continue playing or retire, a decision he said he would likely make by Friday.

"I talked to him about (that) we need to pick up a point guard, and also he had an opportunity out there to go and I think play for Denver," Van Gundy said. "We talked about it. I think he decided it was not something he was interested in doing. We told him we were going to waive him. He decided I think to retire. I hope something works out to where he can stay in the Rockets organization. He's a great guy. Even though we were only together for a little more than a year, I was as fond of him and (Bob) Sura as any two guys I've ever coached. Personally, it hurts a lot that both had injuries that impacted them and us."

bernardos70
03-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Hah, good riddance, you annoying little thing!

Evilmav2
03-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Bye bye, Jon. I guess the big Keith Bogans trade made you expendable...

orangedays
03-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Balding, bulboused-nosed spare?

This guy?

http://www.loonietimes.com/gallery/Bowling_Pin2.jpg

sixeightmkw
03-02-2006, 05:04 PM
you got too much time on your hands.

orangedays
03-02-2006, 05:13 PM
you got too much time on your hands.

Sad but true. Senior year of college...already got a job lined up...just haaaangin out til Spring Break starts tomorra.

*edit: I notice though that you're replying to as many threads as I put up. What's Your excuse? :D

Murphy3
03-02-2006, 08:16 PM
"Anyone for a balding, bulboused-nosed spare with a sense of self-entitlement?"

I thought you were talking about Doc for a second there...

EricaLubarsky
03-02-2006, 10:26 PM
buh-zing