PDA

View Full Version : Hardaway has had enough

MFFL
03-24-2002, 02:00 PM
Here's the link (http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/sports/basketball/nba/2924972.htm)

Former Mavericks guard Tim Hardaway said he won't return to Denver next season, and unless he is traded to a winning team, this may be his last season in the NBA.

Drbio
03-25-2002, 06:54 PM
I think Timmy has some years left in him. I can't blame him for not wanting to stay in Denver..although I would play in Denver for almost nothing. I hope he considers a no-trade clause over salary in his next contract.

Kat
03-25-2002, 10:38 PM
I wonder how many Mav's fans feel like we were a shi_head for trading him. Yeh,yeh, it was best for the team, but you can't help but feel for the guy. It has to be tough, loving the game as he does, once being the best, and still, no ring. He has guts.

MavsFanFinley
03-25-2002, 10:51 PM
I felt bad for him Kat, but there's no way I'd let it stop me from doing the trade.

Besides hitting a couple clutch shots, he wasn't giving the Mavericks what they needed or thought they were getting. Now you can make an argument that Nelson/Cuban should have known with his age/health, etc...

You could also argue that with NVE, the scoring between the 2 isn't much different, but NVE is quicker, can still penetrate, dish the ball better and has better trade value.

Your right though, it's gotta be tough for him.