PDA

View Full Version : Nelson getting a new job?

Eman
05-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Coaching carousel
While Terry Stotts will be returning for his second season as Bucks coach, rumors persist several of his colleagues won’t. Rick Adelman’s days in Sacramento appear numbered, and there are rumblings that Washington’s Eddie Jordan, Houston’s Jeff Van Gundy and Toronto’s Sam Mitchell are walking on thin ice.
There is also growing sentiment former Bucks coach Don Nelson will end his hiatus, possibly as the Kings new coach.

From Hoops hype.com

sixeightmkw
05-09-2006, 03:44 PM
There is no forgiveness if he goes to the Sacs.

Eman
05-09-2006, 03:55 PM
why did the mod move this, isn't Nelson an employee of the Mav's? A consultant?

Dtownsfinest
05-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Well if there's a team that can benefit from Nellie its the Kings. Especially with that horrible center they got in the paint. With Artest on the perimeter guarding the best player the Kings could have something.

aexchange
05-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Well if there's a team that can benefit from Nellie its the Kings. Especially with that horrible center they got in the paint. With Artest on the perimeter guarding the best player the Kings could have something.

they'll win more games, but they aren't going anywhere in the playoffs.

chumdawg
05-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Wow, the Kings would be fun to watch with the great Nellie at the helm. I just hope he doesn't take the Silver Fox with him if he goes. Harris is an invaluable piece of this team.

TripleDipping
05-09-2006, 04:57 PM
It'll be great to see Nellie back to coaching.

dirno2000
05-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Wow, the Kings would be fun to watch with the great Nellie at the helm. I just hope he doesn't take the Silver Fox with him if he goes. Harris is an invaluable piece of this team.

So is Donnie. That's what worries me about Nellie getting another job.

MavKikiNYC
05-09-2006, 06:02 PM
I'd hope that Whistle would eventually want to get out of Nellie's shadow, but just in case.....Kiki is available. Grab him as insurance.

As for Nellie, I wonder how many (if any) good coaching years he has left in him. He seemed disinterested in Dallas toward the end. Maybe it was Cuban. But would the Maloofs be any less 'involved'?

Also, if Nellie put out feelers and undercut Adelman in the process, here's hoping he gets just desserts. Maybe he'll have a Larry Brown-type year.

dude1394
05-09-2006, 06:10 PM
If little whistle can't stand on his own feet then it's time to cut him loose.

I think he's his own man and has a pretty sweet deal going.

Evilmav2
05-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Losing Del or (heaven forbid) Donnie would be absolutely disastrous for these Mavs of ours, but even if Big Don's return might threaten the Mavericks such losses, it sure is hard to root against the possibility of our old Mad Scientist coming back to hatch more of his crazy schemes and bizarre strategems in Purple country next season...

http://www.thedallasmavericks.com/web_images/nelson_drinking.jpg
The King is dead (or at least Rick Adelman is)! Long live the King!

MavsFanFinley
05-09-2006, 07:50 PM
If little whistle can't stand on his own feet then it's time to cut him loose.

I think he's his own man and has a pretty sweet deal going.

It's not about standing on his own feet but having a new challenge. The Kings need more pieces (a center first, backup pg, resign Wells) than the Mavs do and that could be enough of a draw for the Nelsons.

And Donnie might not want to be here if they fail to resign Dirk or Howard or possibly Terry.

MavKikiNYC
05-09-2006, 07:56 PM
It's not about standing on his own feet but having a new challenge. The Kings need more pieces (a center first, backup pg, resign Wells) than the Mavs do and that could be enough of a draw for the Nelsons.

And Donnie might not want to be here if they fail to resign Dirk or Howard or possibly Terry.

I"d think Geoff Petrie could more than cover Sac's personnel acquisition needs.

rabbitproof
05-10-2006, 03:44 AM
Just stay retired, old man. You got the life. Spend time with your girl, enjoy the islands and have fun investing.. I wish it for his sake. Nellie deserves retirement as much as anybody.

If his heart is set to coaching though, I think Sac is a dream fit and he should pursue it. I wish him much success and hope he gets whatever kicks he still wants to get out of coaching if that be the case.

Donnie will go nowhere in either case.

EricaLubarsky
05-10-2006, 04:38 AM
coming out of retirement for Artest is like retiring from a prep school and returning to teach a GED class in prison

sike
05-10-2006, 12:37 PM
So is Donnie. That's what worries me about Nellie getting another job.
I give cuban the benefit of the doubt on this....I think Del and Donnie are both pretty well entrenched here.

sike
05-10-2006, 12:37 PM
coming out of retirement for Artest is like retiring from a prep school and returning to teach a GED class in prison
good line

madape
05-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Will yet another of Cuban's cast-offs come back to haunt him?

But Darnit, why the Kings?! I hope Nellie finally gets his ring. I just hope it doesn't come at the detriment of the Mavericks! It's not going to be easy rooting against the Godfather.

bernardos70
05-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I don't think Nelson going anywhere will matter to Donnie. Isn't Mike Dunleavy playing for the Warriors?

Oh, and more power to the Mad Scientologist if he wishes to come out of retirement.

Short Bus Bob
05-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Oh, and more power to the Mad Scientologist if he wishes to come out of retirement.
Tom Cruise?