PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart suspended by the league

Drbio
03-25-2002, 10:56 PM
Here is the LINK. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20020325/ap-nets-martin.html)

2 games

Even though coaches and fellow players have begged him to tone it down, Martin replied, ``I'm not changing the way I play. I'm not going to change,''

Sounds like this is only the first of many more than 2 games.

MavsFanFinley
03-25-2002, 11:00 PM
I heard about him picking up his flagrant foul on the Kings radio station yesterday during the game, but forgot to post about it.

He's sticking to his guns about not changing his game and that he'll continue to play physical.

I wonder how long it'll be before he seriously hurts someone or he fouls the wrong player and they thump on him??

Drbio
03-25-2002, 11:03 PM
I'm guessing that another player will take a swing at him before he hurts someone. I hope so anyway. A lot of players are commenting about him being a dirty player. That's never good to hear the players yapping like that about another player. If he doesn't tone it down fast he will be making the NBA charities a lot of money. The retaliation issue is starting to rear its head also. I think it was Webber that was saying that KMart better watch his back. Scary.

Kat
03-25-2002, 11:16 PM
His $360,000 + salary loss and fines, to date, pales in comparison to what another player could loose if he takes them out with an injury that ends their career. I bet another player takes his butt out if they feel it's going to come to that. They'll be watching him for sure.

I know I'd be hot to say the least if he took Dirk, Fin, or Nash out with a severe injury. Cubes would talk to some of his ole' buds.

MavsFanFinley
03-25-2002, 11:25 PM
I have a feeling that K-Mart gets it before someone else.

Like Dr said, the players and coaches are talking about it and will continue to pay attention in regards to him.

It might not even take a flagrant foul for a player to knock him in the head.

Drbio
03-25-2002, 11:26 PM
The players have ways of "patroling themselves". I think you are right. If Kmart does injure someone, he better grow eyes in the back of his head. Next to Malone's elbows, this is as cowardly as it gets.

Epitome22
03-26-2002, 01:47 AM
<< I'm guessing that another player will take a swing at him before he hurts someone. I hope so anyway. A lot of players are commenting about him being a dirty player. That's never good to hear the players yapping like that about another player. If he doesn't tone it down fast he will be making the NBA charities a lot of money. The retaliation issue is starting to rear its head also. I think it was Webber that was saying that KMart better watch his back. Scary. >>

Why would K-Mart be scared of a threat by Chris Webber? Dereck Coleman has already established that Chris is all filler.

Epitome22
03-26-2002, 01:52 AM
<< His $360,000 + salary loss and fines, to date, pales in comparison to what another player could loose if he takes them out with an injury that ends their career. I bet another player takes his butt out if they feel it's going to come to that. They'll be watching him for sure.

I know I'd be hot to say the least if he took Dirk, Fin, or Nash out with a severe injury. Cubes would talk to some of his ole' buds. >>

I seriously doubt K-Mart culd end someone's career by throwing a haymaker at the guys head Kermet Washington style much less the occasional elbow to the kidneys.

Epitome22
03-26-2002, 01:55 AM
<< The players have ways of &quot;patroling themselves&quot;. I think you are right. If Kmart does injure someone, he better grow eyes in the back of his head. Next to Malone's elbows, this is as cowardly as it gets. >>

Why would K-Mart worry? he's the guy trying to instigate the altercations.

Murphy3
03-26-2002, 01:05 PM
maybe someone will beat the hell out of kmart just to spite epitome22.

Big Boy Laroux
03-26-2002, 01:46 PM
i couldn't give two shits about martin. i think he is a thug.

but he's on my fantasy team! quit getting suspended, you thug!

Epitome22
03-26-2002, 03:00 PM
<< maybe someone will beat the hell out of kmart just to spite epitome22. >>

I wouldn't mind seeing K-Mart clobber the wrong guy like a Derek Coleman or a Corliss Williamson and then get into it but I don't think there's many in the NBA that can do it. K-Mart is just a brute.

Drbio
03-26-2002, 07:19 PM
KMart is a tard.

Epitome22
03-27-2002, 12:52 AM
A big mean strong Tard

Drbio
03-27-2002, 07:14 PM
a tard by any other name is still a tard.