PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions coming

MavsFanFinley
03-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Man, did you see that? The Pacers/Detroit game?

Williamson threw the ball at Jermaine O'Neal and they scuffled. He threw a punch at Curry, I think.

The assistant (?) coach grabbed O'Neal and he was still headed after somebody.

Man.

Drbio
03-26-2002, 09:16 PM
I just saw the report at the Halftime show on TNT. That will most definitely bring out the suspensions. Bad stuff.

Hales233
03-26-2002, 09:19 PM
nice i love nba fights i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MavsFanFinley
03-28-2002, 12:32 AM
Im not sure I understand why Williamson wasn't suspended a game cause that ball didn't slip out of his hands as he tried to sell to everyone. Anyhow, O'Neil and 3 other Pacers were suspended/fined.

Four Pacers suspended; one Piston fined for involvement in fight

March 27, 2002

NEW YORK (AP) -- Jermaine O'Neal of the Indiana Pacers was suspended for two games without pay Thursday and fined $10,000 by the NBA for throwing punches, and three teammates received automatic one-game bans for leaving the bench in a game against Detroit.

O'Neal was ejected with 1:16 remaining in a 96-77 loss to the Pistons on Tuesday night after a hard foul on a driving Corliss Williamson, who then slammed the ball off O'Neal's back. The two started jawing at each other before O'Neal threw an elbow as Williamson backed away.

Williamson was not suspended, but the league fined him $5,000 for throwing the ball at O'Neal's head.

Pacers Johnathan Bender, Primoz Brezec and Bruno Sundov left the bench and stepped between O'Neal and Williamson. O'Neal threw a punch that missed before he was wrapped up by Pacers assistant coach Tree Rollins.

Bender, Brezec and Sundov were suspended for one game each without pay and fined $5,000.

Drbio
03-28-2002, 08:16 PM
Just once I wish someone would land one of those wild shots. It seems like the players are throwing crap because they know it will be a ten gamer if they land it. It really is pathetic how some of these guys punch.