PDA

View Full Version : Official Eastern Conference Finals Thread

SaltwaterChaffy
05-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Game 1

Miami coming out really strong to start the game, up 20-10 as I post this.

nashtymavsfan13
05-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Tie game so far. I predict Pistons win this series in 6 games.

EricaLubarsky
05-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Im wondering if it will be 4 or 5 games.

Evilmav2
05-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Things are really falling apart for Detroit now. We've got a ten point Heat lead with just under six minutes left in the game...

Murphy3
05-23-2006, 09:41 PM
I'd take the Mavs in 5 in the finals if they were to meet the Heat.

nashtymavsfan13
05-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Wow, the Pistons aren't looking good at all in this postseason, and now are down 0-1 to the Heat.

If we had so much trouble with Duncan, do you think we could contain Shaq?

4cwebb
05-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Shaq's not the one to worry about --- DWade is usually the man that makes Miami's offense go. Tonight he only played 26 minutes because of foul trouble, but he got lots of help from the role players (Walker with 17, Payton with 14 and JWill with 10), and it was enough for Miami to win the game even though Shaq played like crap in the second half (couldn't block out Big Ben, and couldn't finish layups around the basket [on shots he would've dunked a couple of years ago]). Heat have to feel pretty good about winning this game under those circumstances.

MightyToine
05-23-2006, 11:56 PM
So far so good....

But I'm definitely expecting Detroit to come out with a much better effort in Game 2....at the same time, though, I'm expecting D-Wade to stay out of Foul Trouble(that was rare what occured tonight) and Shaq to simply attempt to do so.

Role Players stepped up in a big way tonight, though....From Toine all the way to GP...Should give those guys loads of confidence that they helped beat the Pistons with their two big guns on the bench.....

HEAT IN 6!!

(in the Finals, I'm going with Mavs in 6....Heat won't just lay down for you guys)

Tokey41
05-24-2006, 01:46 AM
Doesnt Detroit pride itself on defense? We've proven we can deal with tough D in Memphis AND San Antonio so what do they have we can't handle? 5 guys vs our deep roster... might be compelling, on the other hand Miami would likely kill us with Shaq, at least we have 12 fouls to use from our centers on him though. Either way the series would go about 6.

DubOverdose
05-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Doesnt Detroit pride itself on defense? We've proven we can deal with tough D in Memphis AND San Antonio so what do they have we can't handle? 5 guys vs our deep roster... might be compelling, on the other hand Miami would likely kill us with Shaq, at least we have 12 fouls to use from our centers on him though. Either way the series would go about 6.
Dampier is one of the best Shaq defenders in the L. Shaq shouldn't be drawing the same fouls that Duncan was. I'd expect the Mavs to hold Shaq in check. Through the past two seasons, the Mavs have probably played the Heat better than any team in the L. We have completely dominated them. Remember Dirk dropping 38 or 40 points on them last year? He couldn't miss, and the Heat had nobody to defend him.

mavsman
05-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Wow, Big Ben is shooting 22% ft in the postseason. That's beyond bad. That has to be a concern for the Pistons. You can't leave a 22% ft-shooter in at the end of a tight game. Wonder how long it takes until Shaq refers to himself as "the big Markpricecal" compared to Wallace.

banpeikun
05-25-2006, 10:30 PM
I could shoot FTs around 22% with my back to the basket.

dude1394
05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Wow, Big Ben is shooting 22% ft in the postseason. That's beyond bad. That has to be a concern for the Pistons. You can't leave a 22% ft-shooter in at the end of a tight game. Wonder how long it takes until Shaq refers to himself as "the big Markpricecal" compared to Wallace.

Walker must be in hog-heaven. He's in a series where there are at least two "superstas" who shoot fts worse then he.

dude1394
05-25-2006, 10:36 PM

Wow hack-a-ben all night long. How hilarious. So Riley always has an end of the bench guy and as soon as they go, they get immediately into the penalty and start the hack-a-ben. At 22% they'd blow them out.

Ben would probably blow a gasket too. Too funny.

bernardos70
05-25-2006, 10:39 PM
He's been absolutely horrible. He actually made the Sportscenter NOT top 10 the other day for his two air-balled free throws in a row. I was rolling in bed laughing at it. They cut to Rip Hamilton and he's laughing at that as well.

rakesh.s
05-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Ben Wallace might be the most overrated player in the history of the NBA.

Can't wait to see which team is going to ruin its future by giving him a max deal in the offseason.

nashtymavsfan13
05-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Ben Wallace might be the most overrated player in the history of the NBA.

That may be a little extreme. Yes, I'd have to agree that he's overrated, but he's great defensively, rebounding, and shotblocking. He just is horrible at FT's, and doesn't get it done at all on the offensive end.

banpeikun
05-26-2006, 01:09 AM
I don't think Ben Wallace is overrated at all. He's a monster rebounder and shot-blocker. Despite his 6'9 or whatever stature, he guards Shaq as well one on one as anybody in the league (and offhand I can't think of anyone else who can do it except Yao?), he plays with a lot of energy and intensity, he doesn't need a lot of touches to keep him focused and in the game, he's the face of their francise and a total team player.

He is a good post defender, defends the paint from layups, sets good picks and establishes good offensive and defensive positions. What else could you possibly want your center to do.

Unless you somehow think he's more than that or something he's not, I don't see how you can consider him overrated.

EricaLubarsky
05-26-2006, 02:20 AM
Despite his 6'9 or whatever stature, he guards Shaq as well one on one as anybody in the league
Dampier, Big Z, Mohammed

those guys are all bigger though

4cwebb
05-26-2006, 02:47 AM
Pistons with a solid response in Game 2. DWade has 32 points, but also had 9 turnovers...just a terrible game handling the basketball for him. Shaq had an atrocious third quarter as well to let Detroit get out to a big lead. Heat need to try and hold serve in Miami to put the pressure on the Pistons.

AxdemxO
05-26-2006, 05:33 AM
Ben is not overrated . He is rated based on wht he does and wht he does.... No 1 in the leagues does it better. U say hes overrated now but u would love to have him on the Mavs.

Thespiralgoeson
05-26-2006, 08:05 AM
I think Ben is quite underrated offensively, to be honest. He's horrible from the charity stripe, and his not a guy you look for to score, but still, he takes damn good care of the ball.

dude1394
05-28-2006, 10:36 AM
D'em pistons look like they are about to spontaneously combust. :)

MavKikiNYC
05-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Finley/VanExel.

Nash/Bell.

Walker....and...uhm....

bernardos70
05-28-2006, 02:33 PM
The Pistons look like they don't really want it.

u2sarajevo
05-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Just think.... if the Mavs get past the Suns and face the Heat in the Finals.... every series would be against a former teammate except the warmup Grizzlies.

4cwebb
05-29-2006, 09:58 PM
It appears that the Heat will put themselves in the same position as the Mavs did against the Spurs: just need to win one out of the next three to get to the next round.

Murphy3
05-29-2006, 09:59 PM
How badly did Wade travel on that flagrant foul play?

4cwebb
05-29-2006, 10:00 PM
By the way, DWade shooting nearly 70% from the field for the series against the Pistons...

dude1394
05-29-2006, 10:03 PM
KA-BOOM

Stylistic
05-29-2006, 10:20 PM
The Pistons h ave not played that great of basketball since the all star break. I guess what Cleveland did to them was no fluke.

4cwebb
05-29-2006, 10:23 PM
How badly did Wade travel on that flagrant foul play?

not as badly as Lebron did on his game 3 winning layup vs. the Wizards, but he still traveled.

oh, and if we thought Duncan got a lot of calls in the previous round, I cringe when I think of Wade charging into the lane in the Finals (presuming its a Mavs/Heat Finals)...he got 31 points tonight on 11 shots. That's a lot of trips to the free throw line in such a low-scoring game.

EricaLubarsky
05-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Heat in 6 now. They won't lose two in a row.

birdsanctuary
05-29-2006, 10:53 PM
The Heat are the more focused of the two teams. I still think this one is going 7 games.

Male30Dan
05-29-2006, 11:27 PM
I saw a stat tonight that said Pat Riley coached teams are 11-0 in game 5 with a 3-1 lead. Pretty good at putting that boot to the throat in his career. Not looking good for Detroit!

nashtymavsfan13
05-30-2006, 01:15 AM
I say Heat in 6 now. The Pistons will come out strong and take game 5, but then will lose game 6 in a close game.

AxdemxO
05-30-2006, 02:25 AM
Guys remember we are talking about Detroit and no matter wht people say they are a great team...i expect them to come bak...but thn again i m one of those people who believes that anything is possible...If u asked me if it was possible for the Clipps to win the title I would have said yes because ths the way BB is ....anything can happen. So if Miami wins it wont be a surprise to me..but i expect Detroit to come bak and win in 7.

EricaLubarsky
05-30-2006, 02:30 AM
Fin didnt get his free championship. Neither will Flip

HexNBA
05-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Mavs with the 4-0 sweep over Miami in a few weeks

Drbio
05-30-2006, 01:21 PM
I don't know about a sweep....Miami has all those weapons available on South Beach.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/heat.jpg
Gimme yo money biotch.

orangedays
05-30-2006, 07:14 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/heat.jpg
Gimme yo money biotch.

omg that's pug-fuglin' hilarious...

EricaLubarsky
05-31-2006, 02:46 AM
in a moment of perfect mental clarity, I realized that there is nothing funnier than fugling pugs

u2sarajevo
05-31-2006, 09:46 PM
In case no one was watching..... Detroit is going to win Game 5.

MightyToine
06-01-2006, 03:58 PM
The Heat were 6-20 from the Free Throw line.....SIX OF FREAKIN' TWENTY!!

That won't get it done...

Heat better finish off the PISSING-TONS back home in Game 6 'cause if they don't, they're not winning Game 7 in Detroit.

u2sarajevo
06-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Heat better finish off the PISSING-TONS back home in Game 6 'cause if they don't, they're not winning Game 7 in Detroit.Hey MT.... that's what I thought about our Spurs series.

So, don't give up hope if they lose tomorrow.

Stylistic
06-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Will not be surprised if that series goes 7.

nashtymavsfan13
06-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Heat-Pistons draw best NBA rating for ESPN

NEW YORK (AP) -- Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals between the Miami Heat and the Detroit Pistons was the highest-rated NBA game ever on ESPN, the network said Thursday.

Detroit's 91-78 victory over Miami drew a 5.5 rating, representing an average of 4,990,000 homes.

The previous best rating on ESPN was held by Game 6 of the 2004 Eastern Conference finals between Detroit and Indiana. That game drew a 5.0 rating and 4,400,000 homes.

ESPN has averaged a 3.2 rating for 19 NBA playoff games this year, an increase of 23 percent from 2.6 at the same point last year.

ABC's NBA playoff ratings are up 13 percent from 3.2 to 3.6.

nashtymavsfan13
06-01-2006, 06:27 PM
I expect the Heat to win game 6.

If they don't, I expect them to lose the series.

MightyToine
06-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I expect the Heat to win game 6.

If they don't, I expect them to lose the series.

If they don't win Game 6, they don't deserve to advance, period.

They've still got Detroit by the Throat and tomorrow is the last time they can SQUEEZE the life out of them for good.....

GET IT DONE, MIAMI!

Drbio
06-02-2006, 12:16 AM
I want Miami even if they do come with the anal wart MightyToine.

nashtymavsfan13
06-02-2006, 12:33 AM
If they don't win Game 6, they don't deserve to advance, period.

They've still got Detroit by the Throat and tomorrow is the last time they can SQUEEZE the life out of them for good.....

GET IT DONE, MIAMI!

I agree, and btw I love your sig! It's true ;)

TripleDipping
06-02-2006, 01:45 PM
For some reason I keep thinking that Detroit will come back to win this series. Maybe it's that heart-of-a-former-champion thingy.

For what's worth, Wade didn't practise due to flu-like symptoms today but will play game 6. Maybe he'll pull a Jordan and score 40 while being sick?

raefformvp
06-02-2006, 06:56 PM
What is up with the NBA always saying someone with flu like symptoms has the flu? I have no problem with them saying "flu like symptoms", but most of the time they report that a player has the flu. The flu is fairly rare. I'm one of the most sickly people on the planet; I catch every infection known to man (except std's. none of those, yet:) ), and I've only had the actual flu once. If a person has the actual flu I just can't see how he can attempt to play basketball. When I had it I had a 103.9 fever and literally had to crawl to the bathroom because standing up hurt too much. Anywho, just a pet peeve of mine.

I don't know who I would rather win this series. I've always liked the Pistons, so from that standpoint, I would like them to win. But as far as who I'd rather see play the Mavs, I just don't know. I wouldn't mind staring at Wade's nicely chiseled arms for several games though. They are quite nice. :o

SaltwaterChaffy
06-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Wade is moving pretty well, so it's probably just "symptoms" as you described.

However, in Jordan's famous "flu game," I remember that every time there was a dead ball, Jordan looked like he was on the verge of death. Pippin was literally walking him to the bench at various times during the game. That's what made it so unreal. It looked to me like he had the actual flu, but he put in an amazing performance.

raefformvp
06-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Wade is moving pretty well, so it's probably just "symptoms" as you described.

However, in Jordan's famous "flu game," I remember that every time there was a dead ball, Jordan looked like he was on the verge of death. Pippin was literally walking him to the bench at various times during the game. That's what made it so unreal. It looked to me like he had the actual flu, but he put in an amazing performance.

I never saw that performance. If Jordan had the actual flu and played, then he's my hero. Of course, I'm a major wuss, so when people accomplish things that require any short of strength when they have something as minor as a sinus infection, I'm impressed.

And it looks like I'm going to get to look at Wade's finely chiseled arms for at least 4 more games. :)

Mavzy45
06-02-2006, 09:43 PM
BRING ON THE HEAT, BABY, Wait, we still gotta dispose of the Suns on Saturday!!

ballin_boi
06-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Damn. Now we really gotta get rid of the Suns on saturday. Our guys need their rest too.

SaltwaterChaffy
06-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't there going to be two off days (at least) between the conference finals and the NBA Finals?

Obviously the Heat would get a bit more rest if our series went 7, but it seems like the league would want both teams adequately rested before the Finals. If Dallas got two off days, I don't think that the extra rest helps Miami anymore, barring injuries.

u2sarajevo
06-02-2006, 10:26 PM
The Finals start Thursday.

edit: June 8

Mavzy45
06-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't there going to be two off days (at least) between the conference finals and the NBA Finals?

Obviously the Heat would get a bit more rest if our series went 7, but it seems like the league would want both teams adequately rested before the Finals. If Dallas got two off days, I don't think that the extra rest helps Miami anymore, barring injuries.

Yep at least 2 days...Game 7 Monday (hopefully not necessary), Finals Thursday!

MightyToine
06-03-2006, 12:01 AM
I want Miami even if they do come with the anal wart MightyToine.

WHO YOU CALLING A WART?

TripleDipping
06-03-2006, 01:28 AM
For some reason I keep thinking that Detroit will come back to win this series. Maybe it's that heart-of-a-former-champion thingy.

Shows how much I know. :rolleyes:

AgulaDX
06-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Both teams have virtually the same rest period.

Mavs are at home so I figure they take Game 1 and the Heat will take Game 2.

Heat will win 2 of 3 at home and then win Game 6 in Dallas.

MightyToine
06-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Both teams have virtually the same rest period.

Mavs are at home so I figure they take Game 1 and the Heat will take Game 2.

Heat will win 2 of 3 at home and then win Game 6 in Dallas.

Actually, I think the Heat will take Game 1 in Dallas....Lose Game 2, then Take 2 of the next 3 at home, and Win it in 6.