PDA

View Full Version : Kings 107, Clippers 90

David
03-27-2002, 05:46 AM
The Kings beat the Clippers at Sacramento. The Clippers are now at .500 for the year at 36 and 36. They are 3 and a half games behind Utah for the final playoff spot with 10 games to play.

Kings/Clippers recap from ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=220326023)

I'm a little nervous about the Clippers coming back and taking that final playoff spot.

Dooby
03-27-2002, 08:31 AM
3 1/2 games back, but 4 more losses than Utah. They still have 2 games left with Utah; but even if they sweep those two, they still need two games. Doesn't look like it is going to happen for 'em. Which is too bad, I would have liked the young guys to get a chance.

MackJack
03-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Utah also have 2 more games with Dallas, Sacramento, Lakers, and San Antonio.

Dooby
03-27-2002, 05:01 PM
Fair enough. But they need to sweep the games against Utah. If they can't do that, and they haven't beaten Utah yet, I am afraid it is over for the Clips.

David
03-27-2002, 05:37 PM
<< Utah also have 2 more games with Dallas, Sacramento, Lakers, and San Antonio. >>

Not quite, MJ.

Utah plays; Cleveland, LAC, Denver, LAC, Sacramento, Mavs, LAL, Phoenix, Golden State, Mavs and San Antonio.

That's a pretty hard schedule but if they play .500 and the Clippers play .500, Utah is in there. Utah is currently above .500 and the Clippers are at .500 so it is not out of the realm of possibility that it works out that way.

MackJack
03-27-2002, 06:52 PM
What's your argument David, I was pointing out that Utah has those games remaining. Was I wrong, it can easily be proven by taken a look at the schedule. You said, not quite and that mean's what? Do they not play those teams are what? I looked at the schedule and it shows they do play those teams before the reg. season ends. You might want to re-word your post, because they play those teams. I wasn't pointing out that Utah has a tough schedule, or they are going to win or lose all their remaining games. I was pointing out that they play those teams, and they do. David, do they play those teams are not? Yes, I know they have other games but I only mentioned some of the games. So saying &quot;not quite&quot;, what is that supposed to mean?

David
03-27-2002, 08:12 PM
<< What's your argument David, I was pointing out that Utah has those games remaining. Was I wrong, it can easily be proven by taken(taking) a look at the schedule. You said, not quite and that mean's what? Do they not play those teams are(or) what? I looked at the schedule and it shows they do play those teams before the reg. season ends. You might want to re-word your post, because they play those teams. I wasn't pointing out that Utah has a tough schedule, or they are going to win or lose all their remaining games. I was pointing out that they play those teams, and they do. David, do they play those teams are(or) not? Yes, I know they have other games but I only mentioned some of the games. So saying &quot;not quite&quot;, what is that supposed to mean? >>

I took your post to mean that Utah had two games EACH with those teams. They have two games with Dallas and one game with the other teams. I had listed Utah's complete 11 game schedule. That's why I said &quot;not quite&quot;, MJ. The only teams Utah has two games with is Dallas and the Clippers. Since you said 2 games and listed 4 teams, I took it to mean 2 EACH. Something wasn't adding up.

Since you listed 4 of the best teams in the NBA and it looked like you were saying they each played Utah twice, you didn't HAVE to say they had a tough schedule. That made me go look their schedule up. I found that their schedule didn't match what I thought you were saying. Thus, I said, &quot;not quite&quot; blah, blah, blah.

It must be some kind of misunderstanding, MJ.

Drbio
03-27-2002, 10:37 PM
something fishy going on....

Dooby
03-28-2002, 10:50 AM
MJ a better phrasing of your sentence would have been: Utah still has to play Dallas (twice), Sacramento, Lakers, and San Antonio.

The first time I read it, I also thought you were saying Utah had to play all of those teams twice.

I am not complaining because I figured it out; I am just saying that I see where David is coming from.

MackJack
03-28-2002, 11:37 AM
A look at the schedule could have figured it out, but sorry to the slower people who couldn't figure it out. I will not make that mistake again, thanks for the advice Dooby.

The Crippler
03-28-2002, 11:55 AM
and the countdown begins...

MFFL
03-28-2002, 01:31 PM
<< A look at the schedule could have figured it out, but sorry to the slower people who couldn't figure it out. >>

Sigh...

David
03-28-2002, 07:00 PM
<< A look at the schedule could have figured it out, but sorry to the slower people who couldn't figure it out. I will not make that mistake again, thanks for the advice Dooby. >>

&quot;Utah also have 2 more games with Dallas, Sacramento, Lakers, and San Antonio&quot; MackJack

This is EXACTLY what you said. If I had written that, would you have understood what I was saying? Am I supposed to break that sentence down and say, &quot;2 more games with Dallas, 2 more games with Sacramento...and on and on&quot;? Or does the sentence say 2 more games with one of them? Which one, if you listed FOUR teams?

&quot;A look at the schedule could have figured it out&quot; MackJack

That's what I did, I looked at the schedule. That's why said, &quot;not quite...&quot;

That was quite a bit of hostility for a simple discussion of Utah's remaining schedule. In my opinion, you were about as clear as mud and THEN acted as if I am slow. I AM slow, but it was rude of you to point it out.i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

Drbio
03-28-2002, 07:19 PM
MFFL- my sentiments exactly....we get rid of one and another creeps in to take its place.

Murphy3
03-28-2002, 07:49 PM
i didn't know he was back

MFFL
03-28-2002, 08:52 PM
It never truly goes away - just like shit on your shoes.

MackJack
03-28-2002, 09:42 PM
Instead of saying not quite, just take a look at the damn schedule and it was obvious.

MFFL
03-28-2002, 09:49 PM
What is that smell???

MackJack
03-28-2002, 09:55 PM
May I suggest Crest Tarter Control ToothPaste?

David
03-28-2002, 10:35 PM
<< Instead of saying not quite, just take a look at the damn schedule and it was obvious. >>

&quot;Utah also have 2 more games with Dallas, Sacramento, Lakers, and San Antonio&quot; MackJack

It looked like you were trying to give misleading information to make it look like Utah had a tougher schedule than they had. I looked at the schedule AFTER you said that. If they had two games EACH with those teams, it was a bear of a last 11 games for Utah. I already knew they played the Clipper twice.

What's wrong with the words &quot;not quite&quot;? Is it code in the 'hood for &quot;you're a fag&quot;? If it is, then I appologize. I'm not from the 'hood. So I have no way of knowing.

I wonder about all the attitude over a misunderstanding of what YOU said. Had you written what you meant, I wouldn't have misunderstood.

Kat
03-28-2002, 11:10 PM
107-90. That's like beating you twice. If anyone plays cribbage...that's a skunk!