PDA

View Full Version : Nash thought

Simon2
06-04-2006, 09:40 AM
I had a weird thought this morning about Nash. Basically, Nash's ability to get a ring is really based on how well Amare comes back. Will he be the old Amare or just a fraction of his old self? I think odds are he will be a lesser player. Why? More players have come back from that surgery that have not been the same. Could it be that they were older? Anyway, my thought was that Nash would win a ring but guess with who? With Dallas again. Here's how it happens, Nash's contract finishes and he takes a lesser role in Dallas as a backup pg. Dirk and Nash get to play a lot on court. This is way looking into the future but I think it may happen.

orangedays
06-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Well, Nash's contract with Phoenix runs through 2008/09 (2009/10 is a team option for 13+ million...which...uh...I don't think they'll pick up).

Would you really want a 36 year-old Nash on this team?

nashtymavsfan13
06-04-2006, 10:59 AM
I doubt Nash will be back, but I'd love him to come back.

Simon2
06-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Well, Nash's contract with Phoenix runs through 2008/09 (2009/10 is a team option for 13+ million...which...uh...I don't think they'll pick up).

Would you really want a 36 year-old Nash on this team?

Yes!

nashtymavsfan13
06-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Yes!

I know, me too. Why wouldn't you?

knash999
06-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Sorry, there is absolutly no way Cuban is gonna pay Nash again. Certainly not a 36 year old Nash. And certainly not so he can get a ring to complete his career. Not after Nash went away with, what Cuban probably sees as Dirk's MVP award (probably Dirk's only chance of winning one). Cuban's just never gonna do that.

mavsfanforever
06-04-2006, 06:01 PM
I can easily say that 36 yr old Steve will be way better than DA.

orangedays
06-04-2006, 09:24 PM
I know, me too. Why wouldn't you?

Because I don't feel all that comfortable paying money to a player who may or may not be a broken down car wreck by his mid-30s?

If he decides to come back on DA's salary, heck sure. It doesn't hurt to have another (talented) body on the roster for spot minutes. But if he's going to come back as a 'backup' as some have suggested, well...nuts to that.

Thespiralgoeson
06-05-2006, 05:56 AM
By the time Nash's contract is up, Dirk will be 31 and on the downside of his career. Sorry, but I don't see Cuban wanting to make this team any older with it's star player aging. By then it's probably expiring contracts and draft picks.

Sorry, but I just don't see Nash coming back here, unless it's for the vet minimum. It just ain't gonna happen.

MavKikiNYC
06-05-2006, 06:21 AM
I can easily say that 36 yr old Steve will be way better than DA.
And a team really needs an upgrade to its 3rd string PG.

fluid.forty.one
06-05-2006, 05:05 PM
And a team really needs an upgrade to its 3rd string PG.

well considering some of DA's random key minutes in the playoffs so far, not to mention what happened to our PGs in game 6 vs. pheonix, I dont think that would be a bad idea. especially if we start using harris as our main pointguard, and JET as more of a shooting guard.

MavKikiNYC
06-05-2006, 05:35 PM
well considering some of DA's random key minutes in the playoffs so far, not to mention what happened to our PGs in game 6 vs. pheonix, I dont think that would be a bad idea. especially if we start using harris as our main pointguard, and JET as more of a shooting guard.
You didn't think that DA's performance was sufficient for a 3rd stringer?

I guess I just don't see how much more you can expect to get out of a player in that position, without him becoming dissastisfied--i.e., if he's good enough to still be productive on a regular basis, he's going to want to play more than 3rd-string minutes. In that sense, a player like DA has been the perfect fit--knows his role, not too many minutes, but able to come in and produce in spot situations.

I don't think Nash will offer anything defensively as a 36 year old. Remains to be seen how much of a dropoff he'll experience as a playmaker/shooter.