PDA

View Full Version : Sales Following Miami Heat Championship Beat Previous Best Day by 41%

birdsanctuary
06-22-2006, 04:41 PM
For anyone still doubting what I wrote in NBA 101 or haven't read it, I've also posted this there too. Not at all surprising. The NBA like any business is all about profit.

LINK (http://www.nba.com/news/nbastore_060622.html)
Sales Following Miami Heat Championship Beat Previous Best Day by 41%
NBAStore.com Has Record Day, Wade Tops Jersey Sales

NEW YORK – June 22 – After the Miami Heat won its first NBA title, NBAStore.com marked the highest grossing sales day in the history of the site on Wednesday, June 21. The sales total eclipsed the previous record set on June 16, 2004, the day after the Detroit Pistons won The Finals, by 41%. This year’s post-championship sales beat last year’s number by 70%, the day after the San Antonio Spurs defeated the Pistons to win The Finals 2005.
Yesterday also marked the most ever championship hat and t-shirt sales at the world’s only NBA Store, on Fifth Avenue in New York City, in history. Sales of Miami Heat championship t-shirts and hats surpassed the highest previous total, after the Detroit Pistons’ 2004 victory, by 68% and more than doubled last year’s championship merchandise totals.

Wade visits NBA Store: Play
NBA Finals MVP Dwyane Wade, who visited the NBA Store today for a fan event, finished the season as the league’s most popular jersey based on sales at NBAStore.com and the NBA Store. Wade has been the most popular jersey since May 2005. His teammate Shaquille O’Neal finished fifth overall for the season.

Following are the 15 most popular NBA jerseys from October 2005 until the end of The Finals based on sales at NBAStore.com and the NBA Store in New York City:

1. Dwyane Wade
2. LeBron James
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Allen Iverson
5. Shaquille O'Neal
6. Stephon Marbury
7. Tracy McGrady
8. Vince Carter
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Dirk Nowitzki
11. Steve Nash
12. Ben Wallace
13. Tim Duncan
14. Paul Pierce
15. Amare Stoudemire

EricaLubarsky
06-22-2006, 04:44 PM
congrats to the NBA.

nashtymavsfan13
06-22-2006, 05:28 PM
good for them.

It's nice to see Dirk is at least 10th in most popular jersey.

chumdawg
06-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Wonder how much the Mavs could have beat the record by? I kinda doubt that San Antonio and Detroit are that much more popular by comparison, if they are even more popular at all.

birdsanctuary
06-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm sure the NBA had already done an analysis of possible sales before the outcome of the Finals. Watch the interview with Wade and Aldridge at the NBA store on NBA.com. When I saw the footage I instantly thought of QVC...

fluid.forty.one
06-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Every sports shop around my house that has jerseys, does not carry Dirks jersey. (I live in Washington though)... but still, some of the names I see there are jokes.