PDA

View Full Version : Rockets and Hawks ready to deal?

MavsFanFinley
06-26-2006, 01:10 AM
http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1374

It says that the Hawks would draft Brandon Roy with the 5th pick and send his rights to the Rockets. In return, the Rockets would draft Shelden Williams with the 8th pick and send his rights along with Luther Head to the Hawks.

It only works if those players are available at those picks.

some-dude
06-26-2006, 01:24 AM
http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1374

It says that the Hawks would draft Brandon Roy with the 5th pick and send his rights to the Rockets. In return, the Rockets would draft Shelden Williams with the 8th pick and send his rights along with Luther Head to the Hawks.

It only works if those players are available at those picks.

If this is true, which probably isnt since draft express tends to over exagerate small rumors, I like the deal for the Rockets. I think Sheldon Williams is overated. He's small for a PF, and I just can't see him being nearly as successful like he was at Duke in the NBA.

Roy on the otherhand is my choice to win ROY no matter what team he goes to. He's a great player with complete offensive arsenal.

edit//

didnt see the part where ATL gets Head (no pun intended)...good deal for both i guess

chumdawg
06-26-2006, 01:27 AM
The way that trade is described doesn't make a lot of sense. They could do it right now, with the Rox giving Head and the 8 to move up to the 5. I could see why the Rox would want to wait, to make sure Roy is available at the 5. But why would Atlanta want to take Roy at the 5 with no guarantee that Williams is there at the 8? I have seen Williams going higher.

This deal gives the Rockets the guarantee and leaves the Hawks crossing their fingers. Why would the Hawks agree to that? I guess if they could live with Roy, regardless if the deal fell through. Seems odd to tip your hand like that, though.

This is going to be an intriguing draft!

some-dude
06-26-2006, 01:42 AM
This is going to be an intriguing draft!

Somehow i doubt it. All these draft day deals get hyped up so much and then nothing happens except for maybe a few exceptions...it would be good to see couple of big time deals go through though......

FINtastic
06-26-2006, 05:20 AM
I'm not interested in this draft at all. It's such a weak draft class that it's hard to really get yourself pumped up about it. Even if there are 15 deals that come down, I doubt that it would pique my interest. All it would mean to me is that there were 15 swaps of mediocre players.

I do think that this deal would be good for the Rockets. Brandon Roy is a pretty darn good player, and I think he is the one player in this draft that is certain to have an impact wherever he goes. Shelden Williams' lack of a post game and inability to play good one-on-one D will be exposed in the pros. He won't be able to bully his way through players in the NBA like he was able to do in the NCAA.

GP
06-26-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm not interested in this draft at all. It's such a weak draft class that it's hard to really get yourself pumped up about it. Even if there are 15 deals that come down, I doubt that it would pique my interest. All it would mean to me is that there were 15 swaps of mediocre players.

I do think that this deal would be good for the Rockets. Brandon Roy is a pretty darn good player, and I think he is the one player in this draft that is certain to have an impact wherever he goes. Shelden Williams' lack of a post game and inability to play good one-on-one D will be exposed in the pros. He won't be able to bully his way through players in the NBA like he was able to do in the NCAA.

I think you are absolutely correct. All of the decent power forwards are much to short for the NBA game. The small forward and the shooting guards are as well. This draft seems like a draft of tweeners to me. Now if a kid like Farmar does indeed drop to the Mavs I'll be happy even if he never plays. Of course, there are always a couple of guys that are 'unexpectedly' very good in every draft. That is what I am hoping the Mavs can find. A good, solid NBA player who can contribute meaningful minutes along the way. I am not sure that the #1 pick in this draft will ever be more than a pretty good player. This is looking like as bad a draft as I can remember.