PDA

View Full Version : Boozer, Iverson Involved In Three-Way Deal?

some-dude
06-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Salt Lake Tribune - According to The Chicago Tribune, the Jazz have been involved in talks with Philadelphia and Boston about a three-way trade that would primarily involve All-Star Allen Iverson, Wally Szczerbiak and Carlos Boozer.

Reportedly, Utah would send Boozer to the 76ers, who would send Iverson to the Celtics, who would send Szczerbiak to the Jazz.

According to the Salt Lake Tribune, Utah would almost certainly have to get another player in such a considering Szczerbiak will be playing on a surgically-repaired knee and will be 30 in March. Tribune writer Steve Luhm mentions Al Jefferson as a potential possibility.

Asked about the rumored three-team trade, however, O'Connor said, "It doesn't have as much life as everybody seems to think it does."
---------------------

It's probably all rumors, and won't happen but nonetheless always fun to speculate on these things.

MavKikiNYC
06-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Iverson in SLC?

Now THAT might rekindle my interest in the NBA.

spreedom
06-26-2006, 10:25 PM
I don't think Philly can afford to trade for another worthless, overpaid stiff of a PF.. Boozer has shown (in flashes) that he can play in this league, but not that he really cares to.. he's all numbers and little impact as far as I'm concerned, and would only want him on my team if he only needed to be my 4th or 5th best player..

some-dude
06-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Iverson in SLC?

Now THAT might rekindle my interest in the NBA.

Did you read the Article.?...it said Iverson was going to the Celtics...

vjz
06-26-2006, 10:28 PM
No way this gets done... Boozer for AI? Are you kidding me? How'd that sell more tickets? I mean, isn't this the same Boozer who stabbed LeBron and the Cavs in the back?

some-dude
06-26-2006, 10:30 PM
No way this gets done... Boozer for AI? Are you kidding me? How'd that sell more tickets? I mean, isn't this the same Boozer who stabbed LeBron and the Cavs in the back?

I think Utah, or especially Boston, would also have to at least give up their 1st round pick to get this done...i'm sure its not just Boozer for AI with Szczerbiak going to SLC.

EricaLubarsky
06-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Harpring, Giriceck, Kirilenko and Szczerbiak? Almost worse than having Francis, Marbury, Crawford and Robinson

okay not even close

some-dude
06-26-2006, 10:35 PM

It's also the same Boozer that averaged 23.4 points, 11 boards, and shot 55% for the Jazz last year in the 20 games he started.

EricaLubarsky
06-26-2006, 10:40 PM
There has never been a killer duo like Webber and Boozer at the 4...and Iguodala at the 2.....and....ummm..

some-dude
06-26-2006, 10:46 PM
There has never been a killer duo like Webber and Boozer at the 4...and Iguodala at the 2.....and....ummm..

Dalambert is not bad, but your right Sixers will be lucky to win 30 games if this trade goes down...who will play point for them..? Louis Williams....? Salmons?

chumdawg
06-26-2006, 11:28 PM
That is, without question, the strangest rumour I've ever heard. I agree that picks would have to be involved. It makes very little sense as-is.

birdsanctuary
06-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Jesus, they might as well sign KVH, trade for Brian Cardinal, Chris Mihm and Dirk while they're at it. Change that franchise name to the Utah Honkeys, cuz this one's a stupid a$s trade...

some-dude
06-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Jesus, they might as well sign KVH, trade for Brian Cardinal, Chris Mihm and Dirk while they're at it. Change that franchise name to the Utah Honkeys, cuz this one's a stupid a$s trade...

You think trading Boozer and getting Szczerbiak and A.Jefferson for him is a bad deal?

EricaLubarsky
06-26-2006, 11:57 PM

They could be the anti-knicks!

Five-ofan
06-27-2006, 03:37 PM
If it includes jefferson for then its fine for Utah but there is no way in hell iverson for boozer gets done. Hell if thats all it takes they can have jet and dj for him.

nashtymavsfan13
06-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Yeah, no way Boozer for Iverson gets done. No way.

some-dude
06-27-2006, 04:23 PM
This deal was just a big rumor..
--------------------------------

"Deals that are apparently dead, don't have life or never did include Houston and Atlanta swapping picks No. 5 and No. 8; Utah and Boston doing a Carlos Boozer trade that was a part of a larger package with Philadelphia, with Allen Iverson going to the Celtics; and Chicago shipping Chandler to Phoenix in a Shawn Marion deal"

pickupyonuts
06-27-2006, 04:32 PM
shit, if 76ers would do this then we get get ai for not that much...

nashtymavsfan13
06-27-2006, 04:50 PM
This deal was just a big rumor..
--------------------------------

"Deals that are apparently dead, don't have life or never did include Houston and Atlanta swapping picks No. 5 and No. 8; Utah and Boston doing a Carlos Boozer trade that was a part of a larger package with Philadelphia, with Allen Iverson going to the Celtics; and Chicago shipping Chandler to Phoenix in a Shawn Marion deal"

That's what I thought.

Dtownsfinest
06-27-2006, 05:01 PM
That's a Vescey-esque rumor. If that's all it takes to get AI than i'd like to think all we have to do is send Josh or JET there way and we are able to get AI. The dumbest rumor i've seen in awhile.

rakesh.s
06-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Why would philly have boozer and webber on the same team?

kriD
06-28-2006, 01:58 AM
C’s breathe life into deal for AI

By Steve Bulpett

The Celtics were performing CPR on the Allen Iverson trade talks as of late yesterday, seeking to revive a deal for the All-Star guard.

The club had spoken with Philadelphia weeks ago to see if the teams could find a fit, but the discussions dissolved and were thought to be ended.

According to sources, however, the Celtics were working hard to create a scenario that would make it happen, with the latest understanding that the transaction would need to involve multiple teams. Several Celtics names were being discussed, but it is important to note that everyone contacted insists that Paul Pierce is definitely out of bounds.

In that an Iverson deal would involve numerous moving pieces and could be stopped by a number of factors, the Celts were also keeping in play a possible trade with Portland that would net point guard Sebastian Telfair for the No. 7 overall pick in tomorrow night’s draft and Dan Dickau.

At this stage, while two sources said the Celtics were willing to discuss other moves for a veteran, most everything else appears to have been pushed aside in an effort to get an Iverson deal in line.

It has long been the belief of those high in the Celtic organization that Iverson, 31, is a far better team player than advertised. In past conversations, it has been said that his competitiveness and the fact he hasn’t always had the strongest players around him has caused him to take more onto his own shoulders.

It could also be pointed out that, in addition to being second in the NBA in scoring this past season with a 33.0-point average, Iverson was eighth in the league in assists at 7.4 per game.

To make the deal work financially, the Celtics would have to clear enough space for Iverson’s max contract, which will pay him a little more than $17 million for the coming season before finishing with some $20.8 million in 2008-09. That last year of the deal is at Iverson’s option.

While Iverson is a 10-year veteran, Telfair has played just two seasons for the Trail Blazers since going straight from high school to the NBA. Telfair has averaged just 8.1 points, 3.5 assists and 21.8 minutes per game. His experience and shooting may be an issue, but Telfair does offer the speed and quickness the Celtics are seeking.

some-dude
06-28-2006, 02:03 AM
C’s breathe life into deal for AI

By Steve Bulpett

The Celtics were performing CPR on the Allen Iverson trade talks as of late yesterday, seeking to revive a deal for the All-Star guard.

The club had spoken with Philadelphia weeks ago to see if the teams could find a fit, but the discussions dissolved and were thought to be ended.

According to sources, however, the Celtics were working hard to create a scenario that would make it happen, with the latest understanding that the transaction would need to involve multiple teams. Several Celtics names were being discussed, but it is important to note that everyone contacted insists that Paul Pierce is definitely out of bounds.

In that an Iverson deal would involve numerous moving pieces and could be stopped by a number of factors, the Celts were also keeping in play a possible trade with Portland that would net point guard Sebastian Telfair for the No. 7 overall pick in tomorrow night’s draft and Dan Dickau.

At this stage, while two sources said the Celtics were willing to discuss other moves for a veteran, most everything else appears to have been pushed aside in an effort to get an Iverson deal in line.

It has long been the belief of those high in the Celtic organization that Iverson, 31, is a far better team player than advertised. In past conversations, it has been said that his competitiveness and the fact he hasn’t always had the strongest players around him has caused him to take more onto his own shoulders.

It could also be pointed out that, in addition to being second in the NBA in scoring this past season with a 33.0-point average, Iverson was eighth in the league in assists at 7.4 per game.

To make the deal work financially, the Celtics would have to clear enough space for Iverson’s max contract, which will pay him a little more than $17 million for the coming season before finishing with some $20.8 million in 2008-09. That last year of the deal is at Iverson’s option.

While Iverson is a 10-year veteran, Telfair has played just two seasons for the Trail Blazers since going straight from high school to the NBA. Telfair has averaged just 8.1 points, 3.5 assists and 21.8 minutes per game. His experience and shooting may be an issue, but Telfair does offer the speed and quickness the Celtics are seeking.

If the Sixers can get the #7 pick and any combination of 2 of these players (D. West, Green, Gomes, Perkins) then they should trade AI to Boston.