PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom's infant son dies while sleeping

some-dude
06-29-2006, 06:33 PM
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Los Angeles Lakers player Lamar Odom's 6-month-old son has died, a spokesman for the team said Thursday.

Jayden Odom died Wednesday night, apparently suffocating while sleeping in his crib in New York, according to John Black.

"Lamar is very distraught," Black said. "Both he and the baby's mother are asking that people respect their privacy at this time."

Jayden was born Dec. 15. Odom has two older children -- a son and a daughter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My condolences go out to Lamar Odom and his family.

dude1394
06-29-2006, 06:52 PM
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Los Angeles Lakers player Lamar Odom's 6-month-old son has died, a spokesman for the team said Thursday.

Jayden Odom died Wednesday night, apparently suffocating while sleeping in his crib in New York, according to John Black.

"Lamar is very distraught," Black said. "Both he and the baby's mother are asking that people respect their privacy at this time."

Jayden was born Dec. 15. Odom has two older children -- a son and a daughter.

The 26-year-old Odom came to the Lakers two years ago in the trade that sent Shaquille O'Neal to the Miami Heat. Odom averaged 14.8 points, 9.2 rebounds and 5.5 assists in 80 games for the Lakers last season and 19.1 points, 11.0 rebounds and 4.9 assists in their first-round playoff series against the Phoenix Suns.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My condolences go out to Lamar Odom and his family.

Peace to the Odom family. Typical media shoving his stats out just for the heck of it. Show some class.

Milles
06-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Peace to the Odom family. Typical media shoving his stats out just for the heck of it. Show some class.

dude, I agree with your take on the stupid stats.

Peace

enervate
06-29-2006, 08:21 PM
:( that is so sad. RIP

Rick41
06-29-2006, 08:27 PM
My condolences to the Odom Family, I lost a family member just about a month ago. I know how it feels. Tough time.

Five-ofan
06-29-2006, 08:50 PM
This sucks. I happen to be a big odom fan but even if he was a guy i hated(say Kobe) i would still send out my condolences and i agree that there was no point putting the stats out there. My condolensces to the odom family.

MavsFanFinley
06-29-2006, 10:13 PM
My condolensces to Odom and his family.

nashtymavsfan13
06-29-2006, 10:51 PM
My condolensces to Odom and his family.

u2sarajevo
06-29-2006, 11:08 PM
I can't imagine losing a child. How I'd deal with it.

I hope he can find peace somehow.

jthig32
06-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Parents' worst nightmare. Thoughts of SIDS and suffocation gave me several sleepless nights with my children.

My prayers to the family.