PDA

View Full Version : IS BASKETBALL REAL

Dr.Basketball
07-14-2006, 10:08 AM
This game that we all love so much, this game that runs through our blood, the game that we where rasied watching and cheering for our champions. Has it changed. I like to think not, but the sad thing is it has. The more i look at these games and truly watch them, i'm starting to believe that it is all about money. Maimi didn't win based on talent they won based on politics. We are a better team, but the NBA is upset with Cuban. So they used the championship to get back at him. I know many of you will read this and believe that what i say is crap, but it is a lot of advertising money involved, RIGHT? And if they were paying you 20 million a year would you not do what they tell you?? OF COURSE YOU WOULD! I would.

u2sarajevo
07-14-2006, 10:10 AM
mmmmmmmkay?

This is not the forum for this. I'm inclined to put it in the Lounge, but instead moving it to Around the NBA.

mary
07-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I know many of you will read this and believe that what i say is crap

Crap of the highest order.

sike
07-14-2006, 11:20 AM
delete?

can't mods do that?

capitalcity
07-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Crap of the highest odor.

dalmations202
07-14-2006, 11:30 AM
IS BASKETBALL REAL

Not sure it matters.

The true question is "IS Basketball Entertaining?"

Which has higher viewership and makes more money? The Movie Channel with movies you know aren't real, or C-Span where it is live feed of the Senate which you know is real?

Of course basketball is "Real"... I mean there is a ball, court, and rules, and games are played. Whether or not it is truly legitimate competition with unbiased and seemingly fair treatment is irrelevant due to the money being made.

Let's face it, people pay to be entertained, not to know the truth. Does any team winning or losing matter at all --- nope. So why should it matter if people consider it to be "real" or not? People pay everyday for movies, but not for news. People pay to go to sports agendas, but not to go to city hall meetings to discuss things relevant to our personal lives. People will stand for hours to get an autograph for a prized sports icon, but won't take 20 minutes to go vote. People will stand for hours to get on a ride at Six Flags, but seldom consider going and taking an hour to give blood, feed people at a soup kitchen, clothe the needy.

It has to be entertaining, not real, to make money.

u2sarajevo
07-14-2006, 12:02 PM
delete?

can't mods do that?Yep.... but sometimes it's better to let them stew in their stupidity.

Besides, I don't delete anything that isn't written by Drbio.

;)

birdsanctuary
07-14-2006, 12:52 PM
NBA is reality TV at its best. And like any entertainment industry those at the top would like some control over their product. The illusion is that basketball outcomes reflect the American belief that hardwork and determination will eventually be rewarded. This is something that we fans have inserted, it's something subtle almost unconsciously done. The truth is that the NBA is a business and the core values are American Capitalism.

You will enjoy the game and suffer far less if you can release your fantasies of fairness and justice in sports, and instead hope your team tries to beat them at their own game. In the NBA some franchises have learned this, some have forgotten, and some have never learned. Which will the Mavs be?

dalmations202
07-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Yep.... but sometimes it's better to let them stew in their stupidity.

Besides, I don't delete anything that isn't written by Drbio.
;)

Dang it U2, I keep trying, and you keep not-deleting.........

I want to be just like Doc....... :)