PDA

View Full Version : Danny Fortson

MavsFanFinley
03-30-2002, 08:56 PM
People talk about Kenyon Martin being a thug, maybe it has a lot to do with his attitude though. Well, Fortson is in the same boat.

Fortson suspended two games

March 30, 2002

NEW YORK (AP) -- Golden State Warriors forward Danny Fortson was suspended for two games without pay by the NBA on Saturday for a flagrant foul against Detroit on Friday night.

Fortson, who fouled the Pistons' Ben Wallace in the third quarter of the Warriors' 110-103 road loss, has accumulated eight flagrant foul penalty points this season, three more than allowed.

He will receive an automatic two-game suspension for any each additional flagrant foul this season.

Drbio
03-30-2002, 09:55 PM
8 flagrant foul point? How is that calculated. Does anyone know?

Hoopsmeister
03-30-2002, 10:03 PM
<< 8 flagrant foul point? How is that calculated. Does anyone know? >>

I believe its that a flagrant 1 is 1 point, a flagrant 2 2 points. The points for each flagrant foul committed are kept cumulatively through the season.

I do know that the point total is reset to 0 when the playoffs start (which is irrelevant for Fortson but important for K-Mart)

Drbio
03-30-2002, 10:55 PM
Thanks Hoops!

grbh
03-31-2002, 02:55 PM
The points are reset for the playoffs, but I believe only 3 points during the playoffs will get you a suspension.

Drbio
03-31-2002, 03:39 PM
I knew the league watched this stuff...I just didn't know the formula. I'm surprised that the post-season is 3 though. That's only two hard fouls.