PDA

View Full Version : Jordan

MavsFanFinley
04-03-2002, 12:54 AM
Why is everyone making a big deal out his 2 points tonight. All the headlines read, Jordan's new career low.

The guy played 12 minutes (all in the first half) and only took 5 shots. They make it out more than what it was.

grbh
04-03-2002, 01:06 AM
Not that big of deal I agree, because he hardley played. I am not surprised if Jordan scores a career low 2 points it will be a huge story. Same applies if he scores 26 in a win over the Grizzlies. Anything Jordan does is deemed newsworthy by the press.

I guess that is both the curse and blessing of being the best.

MavsFanFinley
04-03-2002, 01:47 AM
That's true grbh, but I think there going overboard about tonight.

grbh
04-03-2002, 01:57 AM
I agree they did go overboard, but it is par for the course with the media IMO. After all we are still stuck watching the Wizards play the Knocks every Saturday on NBC.

nekked
04-03-2002, 08:00 AM
not only do we get the wiz and the knicks, but we get the "mj riding the bike" isolation camera. i'm waiting for nbc to split the screen and have one camera on the game and the other on jordan riding the bike.

TheKid
04-03-2002, 09:08 AM
Did you all know, Jordan tripped on the curb this morning, why wasn't that front page, the media is slacking????

I agree totally nekked, I like watching him play as much as anyone but it's beginning to get SICKENING with the constant showing of him doing NOTHING...

Dooby
04-03-2002, 09:24 AM
It will be interesting to see what ESPN, ABC and the others do with the NBA coverage next year. Will they continue NBC's misguided programming decisions? I hope not, but am not terribly optimistic. NBC has a history of poor decision-making in sports programming, so maybe the new broadcasting partners won't make the same mistakes.

grbh
04-03-2002, 11:41 AM
I hear Magic and Bird are coming out of retirement next year to play for the Grizzlies and the Bulls. I can't wait for those Sunday games on NBC.

MavsFanFinley
04-03-2002, 01:41 PM
<< not only do we get the wiz and the knicks, but we get the &quot;mj riding the bike&quot; isolation camera. i'm waiting for nbc to split the screen and have one camera on the game and the other on jordan riding the bike. >>

LOL. So true. How many times do we have to watch him ride that damn bike?

MFFL
04-03-2002, 01:45 PM
I'm really tired of going to EVERY major website and finding only stories about the Lakers and MJ. That's all there seems to be - which is why I haven't been posting a lot of articles lately.

Drbio
04-03-2002, 08:15 PM
Jordan is on the shelf for the rest of the year. He will not play again this season with his team only 2.5 games out. He will decide on next season when the pre-camps open.

nekked
04-03-2002, 08:34 PM
what's nbc gonna do for programming the next couple of sunday's??

probably &quot;inside mj's rehab&quot; starring ahmad rashad...

Drbio
04-03-2002, 08:35 PM
LOL...and they will follow it up with &quot;The Making of the Lakers&quot;.

MavsFanFinley
04-04-2002, 01:23 AM
<< probably &quot;inside mj's rehab&quot; starring ahmad rashad... >>

It's really not funny. This is very much a possibility and something we'll probably be seeing.

How sickening.

TheKid
04-04-2002, 10:54 AM
Nekked, GOD you took the words out of my mouth. The thing is you're joking and MFF is right, that probably will happen and I won't be surprised by it AT ALL!!!

DTL
04-04-2002, 12:22 PM
<< LOL...and they will follow it up with &quot;The Making of the Lakers&quot;. >>

This proposition is equally scary....I'd better make sure my TV's on only for the Mavs-Spurs game....

Drbio
04-04-2002, 07:42 PM
Ugh!