PDA

View Full Version : Marquis

Pro
09-08-2006, 06:24 PM
How will yall feel when the Mavs come around in the next season playing him? If he opens a can of whoopass will yall be like "Heck yea what a good player" or "F him he sucks".
Just noticed that some people turn on players who leave teams so quick.

MavKikiNYC
09-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Who?

ShaggyDirk
09-08-2006, 06:53 PM
The Mavs are doomed. I am so gloomy today. I wish it would rain all over my parade.

nashtymavsfan13
09-08-2006, 07:19 PM
As long as the Mavs win, I'll be happy for him.

Locked_Up_Tonight
09-08-2006, 08:28 PM
How will yall feel when the Mavs come around in the next season playing him? If he opens a can of whoopass will yall be like "Heck yea what a good player" or "F him he sucks".
Just noticed that some people turn on players who leave teams so quick.

Back off of him 5-10 feet and make him hit it from 20 feet. His good day will be over. A shooting guard that can't shoot.

dude1394
09-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Back off of him 5-10 feet and make him hit it from 20 feet. His good day will be over. A shooting guard that can't shoot.

I'll be surprised. I'll give him a cheer however.

chumdawg
09-08-2006, 11:19 PM
I have mixed feelings about Marquis. As a matter of course, I like to see all former Mavericks do well. But some moreso than others. I don't know that Marquis was ever an integral part here.

Now, I wonder if Indy would like to part with him in exchange for a Warriors player man. Nellie does need a point forward, doesn't he?

mqywaaah
09-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Ill be like "Hey he's really improved!" I never turn on players or ex-players.

fluid.forty.one
09-09-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm a huge Marquis fan.. would definatly be excited for him to do well. I don't really want him beating the mavs in a must win situation, but I want him to be awesome any other time.

snoop
09-09-2006, 12:39 AM
quis is a good player who shows flashes of greatness but lacks consistancy. I dont think he will bite the mavs. I do wish him well

bernardos70
09-09-2006, 12:47 AM
I hope he kicks ass, goes for 50, but the Mavs win. One of my favorite players.

Underdog
09-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Yeah, there's nothing to hate about Quis, so I'd still cheer for him... It's not like we're talking about Antoine "Baby Face" Walker in Miami or Nash & Finely playing for our hated rivals... It's Marquis Daniels in Indiana - no big whoop!

Best of luck to him - he deserves a chance to thrive...

G-Man
09-09-2006, 02:08 AM
I'm a huge Marquis fan.. would definatly be excited for him to do well. I don't really want him beating the mavs in a must win situation, but I want him to be awesome any other time.

My feelings exactly. I was so happy when he got to start after Christie bombed, and he played so well until he got hurt. Damn you Kurt Thomas. I predict he pulls a Steve Nash and works on his game and learns to hit that 20 footer. We won't miss him, but we'll wish we had hime back.

nikeball
09-09-2006, 02:41 AM
i always cheer for all former mavs players because they were once with us. except antoine. i always hated that guy.

marquis has so much potential just we had such a deep team he had no chance to prove himself. i hope he gets his chance.

dude1394
09-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Getting traded is probably the best thing that could happen to Marquis if it motivates him to work on his game harder. As an undrafted guy he just has to be a gym-rat and put in a tremendous amount of time to improve. I didn't get the feeling he was doing that here, maybe wrong.

Sometimes folks just need a shock of reality to get their head right with ball. It's hard to call the life of an NBA player reality, but pride is the same for most of us.

chumdawg
09-09-2006, 02:45 PM
I suspect that Marquis has not been right physically for quite some time now.

MightyToine
09-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah, there's nothing to hate about Quis, so I'd still cheer for him... It's not like we're talking about Antoine "Baby Face" Walker in Miami or Nash & Finely playing for our hated rivals... It's Marquis Daniels in Indiana - no big whoop!

More like Antoine "2006 NBA CHAMPION" Walker in Miami. :D

chumdawg
09-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Look at the scoreboard.

Tokey41
09-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Indiana will be a good team to watch if they finally stay healthy, I dont think Quis will torch us but im sure he'll show some good numbers next season with his increased role on the team. Hes not starting though is he? I think hes the sixth man, I cant remember.

chumdawg
09-10-2006, 02:14 PM
I think Quis is always going to be a product of the coach and the system. His skill set is not a usual one. You typically expect a guy of his build to be able to shoot the lights out. But he can't. (And probably never will.) But you also don't expect a guy of his build to slither through the lane and get shots off from unlikely angles. You don't expect him to have extraordinary post moves. Marquis has both these skills.

Marquis needs plays to be run for him. That's a drawback, compared to the typical shooting guard. But when the right plays *are* run for him, he can do things that other people simply can't. It will take a coach, and system, who commits to utilizing Daniels's strengths while not relying on him in areas where he is weak. Carlisle is probably up to the task. If not, Nellie is just a phone call away.

fluid.forty.one
09-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Marquis needs plays to be run for him. That's a drawback, compared to the typical shooting guard. But when the right plays *are* run for him, he can do things that other people simply can't. It will take a coach, and system, who commits to utilizing Daniels's strengths while not relying on him in areas where he is weak. Carlisle is probably up to the task. If not, Nellie is just a phone call away.

Daniels to Golden State? It would benefit both nellie and daniels, I wonder what Indy would want though.

chumdawg
09-10-2006, 02:42 PM
I don't know. But I wouldn't rule it out. You know how Nellie is with the point forwards. And you know that Nellie has big plans for Baron Davis. I can see Daniels as square on Nellie's radar. It probably wouldn't take much.

nah-vit-ski
09-10-2006, 02:43 PM
I'll be happy for him, there was nothing ever wrong with him, but everybody on this board can tell you that he was the exact opposite of an Avery guy.

fluid.forty.one
09-10-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't know. But I wouldn't rule it out. You know how Nellie is with the point forwards. And you know that Nellie has big plans for Baron Davis. I can see Daniels as square on Nellie's radar. It probably wouldn't take much.

Wasn't Daniels bigger contract than Josh partly Nellies idea? I was under the impression that Nellie was always really big on Marquis so I wouldn't be suprised.

Dtownsfinest
09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Hope he has a career year. I still can't believe we gave up on him for Austin Croshere. Still a Marquis fan and always will be. That won't change regardless of what team he plays for. Same goes for Nash and Finley even though there stay with the Mavs was a lot longer and more important. I don't want to see him beat us single handedly or anything I just want to see him do well.

fluid.forty.one
09-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Same goes for Nash and Finley even though there stay with the Mavs was a lot longer and more important.

I am going to root for Marquis more than them only because of the way nash left (and the fact he's on the suns), and because finley is on the spurs. Marquis on Indy is harmless, and I hope he does fantastic.

MavsX
09-11-2006, 08:46 AM

agreed

MightyToine
09-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Look at the scoreboard.

You mean.....Miami 95 Dallas 92 ;)

dude1394
11-26-2006, 04:04 PM
It appears that marquis has lost his starting job at indiana? He played only 10 minutes (armstrong 11) in their last game.

FINtastic
11-26-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't think he ever really had the starting job. If he was starting, I think it was because Stephen Jackson was injured. I haven't followed Indiana that closely so I could be wrong.

FINtastic
11-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Well, looking at some articles it appears he did have some starts because Jackson was struggling. You are right, he probably did lose his starting job.

dude1394
11-26-2006, 04:39 PM
If marquis can't get more than 11 minutes on an indiana team then it's pretty tough to say the mavs should have kept him.

jleefilled
11-26-2006, 04:45 PM
As Parcells likes to say, talent is a common thing. Maybe Daniels really did regress eversince he got that big contract. Well, good thing the Mavs cut ties with him.

Big Shot Rob
11-26-2006, 06:16 PM
More like Antoine "2006 NBA CHAMPION" Walker in Miami. :D

Hey Mighty Toine is back! how you doing? Where have you been, MT?

BTW--when do you expect the Heat to be back to their former shape? When Shaq returns, when Jason Williams, Posey, or not until they all return to the lineup?

Anyway--have missed your writings--always good comic relief in good fun.

V2M
11-26-2006, 07:08 PM
BSR- How'd you get back to 2K in vCash?

dude1394
11-26-2006, 07:32 PM
BSR- How'd you get back to 2K in vCash?

Gotta cough up a subscription v2m.

V2M
11-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Gotta cough up a subscription v2m.
That's cool. Thx.

MavsX
11-26-2006, 11:17 PM
lame

dude1394
11-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Sheesh...Marquis couldn't beat out Rawle Marshall.

Carlisle started Marquis Daniels in front of the struggling Jackson on November 18. Daniels' stay in the starting lineup lasted three games before Marshall took his place at shooting guard against the Cleveland Cavaliers on November 24.

EricaLubarsky
11-28-2006, 06:19 PM
sure makes the trade look better and better.

FINtastic
11-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Marquis is just trying to lull everyone to sleep before he starts with the big ballin'. The time has to be just right...

dude1394
11-28-2006, 06:37 PM
He'd better watch it, he's going to lull himself right out on the street.