View Full Version : Jordan out for season

MavsFanFinley
04-03-2002, 04:29 PM
Not really a surprise.

Jordan out for season

By JOSEPH WHITE
AP Sports Writer
April 3, 2002

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Michael Jordan will miss the rest of the season because of nagging problems with his knee.

The Washington Wizards placed Jordan on the injured list Wednesday, one day after he scored a career-low two points in a career-low 12 minutes of a loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.

``I think it is best at this point to rest the knee and let it heal properly,'' Jordan said in a statement released by the team. ``I tried to get back and play as soon as possible and, early on, the knee responded well. But after the swelling this morning, I think it's best to give it rest.''

scooterj5
04-03-2002, 06:29 PM
It seemd inevitable, but I still like it how he tried. Best of luck next year for MJ and the Wizz Fizzards. Suprisingly, this year was Jordan's best for FT%, assists and steals since 1992-93.

OzMavs
04-03-2002, 06:45 PM
Maybe this will save us from endless televised Wizards games during the playoffs.

scooterj5
04-03-2002, 06:49 PM
Yes great point!! Are Foxtel carrying the playoffs ozmavs???

OzMavs
04-03-2002, 07:02 PM
I think Foxtel are covering some of the games, as they have during the season. However I think ESPN's coverage is increasing, so most likely we'll see more games on ESPN. So Optus may be your best bet.