PDA

View Full Version : Nets and Lakers

scooterj5
04-04-2002, 01:31 AM
I caught the game on TV this morning.... I LOVE watching the Lakers lose. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif The refs should pull Kobe up for travelling and palming once in a while, simply because it is so annoying to watch. The Nets played a great game on both defence and offence, and any win over the Lakers, with Shaq or not, is well deserved. Still I would have to say that Tod Mac is perhaps even more goofy looking than Shawn Bradley. 'Tmac part 2' reminds me of a the Bryant Reeves in his early years. I hope his career doesn't turn out like his though.

There were some awesome plays in this game: Martin to Kittles early, Kidd's oop, Jefferson over Madsen, Jefferson's reverse tip jam or Kenyon Martin's block. Kobe even had a few nice lay ups.

I can't believe how badly the last 5 seconds were played by both teams. Horry should have looked for a 3 from Kobe, and when the Lakers went inside, Martin should have just let them get a lay up in, but fouls and almost lets concedes a 3 point play. Then Kidd lets Kobe pass him and get the rebound on the free throw, too bad Kobe missed. It was a good game to watch.

One question though: Who or what is Jason Kidd kissing to when he is shooting free throws?

MavsFanFinley
04-04-2002, 02:30 AM
It's always a pleasure to watch the Lakers lose. Unfortunately, I was out shopping and missed the game. What did they say about Shaq? I know it's a sprained right wrist, but how much time is he expected to miss?

<< One question though: Who or what is Jason Kidd kissing to when he is shooting free throws? >>

I noticed this the other week. I've wondered the same thing and more importantly, when did he start this?

scooterj5
04-04-2002, 02:38 AM
They said Shaq did not participate in the pre-game shootaround and he is going for MRI (?) tests in Boston tomorrow. They didn't mention a specific time frame for his return, but Sacramento can breath a little easier, as it would seem they have now clinched the west.

MavsFanFinley
04-04-2002, 02:45 AM
I can't imagine that Shaq misses too much time, it's probably more a publicity thing than anything else. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Yeah, the Kings seem to be on a roll and have all but sealed up the West.

TheKid
04-04-2002, 01:58 PM
I read today Shaq has a sprained wrist, so they're going to rest him. Also, I know I've said this before so I'll say it again, Kobe is NOT the dominant player without Shaq. Don't get me wrong, he's a GREAT talent he can score he can do alot, but I think last year I was arguing with someone saying he's Allen Iverson without Shaq. (However I don't think Kobe would EVER shoot as poorly from the field as Iverson does) Meaning he will score a ton of points and look good doing it too, but that team is NO WAY in the world a great team with just Kobe and not Shaq. They would be fighting to make the playoffs instead of fighting for the best record in the West without Shaq.

cooper
04-04-2002, 02:20 PM
did anyone see Kobe sky to get that last second rebound and shot? i thought it was going in for sure.

i hope the big fella sits down for a while and the mavericks can pass them recordwise.

MavsFanFinley
04-04-2002, 03:03 PM
<< did anyone see Kobe sky to get that last second rebound and shot? i thought it was going in for sure. >>

I saw it. Was that planned? I wasn't listening to what they were saying, just watching it. Kobe got to the basket way too easy, someone wasn't paying attention to him. Glad he missed.

<< i hope the big fella sits down for a while and the mavericks can pass them recordwise. >>

I'd sure like it. Now that I think about it, they probably will rest him so he's healthy come playoff time. There not going to care if they lose a game or two more without Shaq cause they'll be ready in the playoffs.

Rhylan
04-04-2002, 03:11 PM
Kidd should have been facing Kobe on that last free throw instead of standing beside him grabbing his own shorts. I don't know what he was thinking. Jordan used to do that all the time back when he could jump. Lucky for us Laker haters it didn't go!!

scooterj5
04-04-2002, 06:53 PM
I thought players outside the 3 point line had to wait for the ball to hit the ring before going for the rebound?

But Kidd fouled Kobe, it should have been 2 shots.

Drbio
04-04-2002, 08:45 PM
I just heard on the radio that Shaq's wrist has a slight fracture. It's an old facture though.

Hales233
04-04-2002, 08:47 PM
hopefully he won't go against my celtics friday night.

scooterj5
04-04-2002, 08:49 PM
Do you like them because of SuperSticklandPower?

Hales233
04-04-2002, 08:51 PM
and because i reside there i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

but strick is my dogg i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif