PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Basketball Talk

nashtymavsfan13
10-05-2006, 11:44 PM
I know we kind of have a thread similar to this, but I wanted to start one, like the football one, that is exclusively for talking fantasy basketball.

Anyone drafted yet? Anyone have any sleepers or busts? How many teams are you guys going to have?

archy41
10-06-2006, 04:27 AM
im having one on NBA.COM with my mates ive drafted down in my 10 league draft so i can Dirk then Howard back to back mines in two weeks and i already preacitcally no who im picking, my 2 mavs are harris and dirk,

jthig32
10-06-2006, 10:32 AM
I had a draft this past Monday. It's only an 8 team league.

We're not doing any %'s, like FG or FT. Just straight up points, assists, rebounds, steal, blocks, and turnovers.

I think I did pretty well. I grabbed a couple players that are way more valuable in this kind of scoring than one that tracks %'s, not the least of which is Iverson.

I need Boozer to stay healthy, which is dicey, but I also wouldn't have any problem plugging Bogut in as a starting center, I see him having a good year.

The only category I'm genuinely concerned about is assists.

Lemme know what you think.

Iverson
Ray Allen
Jason Richardson
Gerald Wallace
Odom
Peja
Bosh - Center eligible, playing Center
Boozer - Center eligible, playing Center

Bench/Utility:
Zach Randolph
Jameer Nelson
Bogut - Center eligible
Devin Harris
Brandon Roy
Danny Granger

nashtymavsfan13
10-10-2006, 02:03 AM
That's a very good team thiggy, even if it's 8 teams. You need Boozer and Wallace to stay healthy though, and I donno if they will.

nashtymavsfan13
10-10-2006, 02:06 AM
I had a draft today. 10 teams, deep rosters, and we have all the % cats as well. I had third pick. How'd I do?

PG Billups
SG Jho
G Andre Miller
SF Peja
PF Dirk (a bit of a reach at #3, but there's no way I was gonna take Wade or Kobe)
F Richard Jefferson
C Jermaine O'Neal (C eligible, playing center)
C Channing Frye
Util David West
Util Ricky Davis
Util Marvin Williams
Util Turkoglu
BN Mo Williams
BN Al Jefferson
BN Quisy
BN Devin Harris

alby
10-10-2006, 12:46 PM
who went 1 and 2

Five-ofan
10-10-2006, 01:17 PM
I had a draft today. 10 teams, deep rosters, and we have all the % cats as well. I had third pick. How'd I do?

PG Billups
SG Jho
G Andre Miller
SF Peja
PF Dirk (a bit of a reach at #3, but there's no way I was gonna take Wade or Kobe)
F Richard Jefferson
C Jermaine O'Neal (C eligible, playing center)
C Channing Frye
Util David West
Util Ricky Davis
Util Marvin Williams
Util Turkoglu
BN Mo Williams
BN Al Jefferson
BN Quisy
BN Devin Harris
If Shawn was there and you passed on him thats a bad decision fantasy wise though im not sure i would have passed on Dirk either. Marion has been THE best fantasy player the last 2 years.

fluid.forty.one
10-10-2006, 02:20 PM
This is my first fantasy league (the one we set up)... I'm not digging the draft list yahoo has when you logged in. Am I the only one who has changed it up a lot?

Five-ofan
10-10-2006, 02:22 PM
This is my first fantasy league (the one we set up)... I'm not digging the draft list yahoo has when you logged in. Am I the only one who has changed it up a lot?
no,

nashtymavsfan13
10-10-2006, 05:15 PM
who went 1 and 2

Lebron went 1, KG went 2.

nashtymavsfan13
10-10-2006, 05:17 PM
If Shawn was there and you passed on him thats a bad decision fantasy wise though im not sure i would have passed on Dirk either. Marion has been THE best fantasy player the last 2 years.

Yeah he was still there, and I realize that. I just couldn't pass up Dirk. I wanted him in at least one of my leagues, and since I think that was my only reach pick in the draft I think I'll be alright.

How does the rest of my team look?

nashtymavsfan13
10-10-2006, 05:18 PM

I don't really bother with rankings. I just get to the draft early, que up my sleepers and breakout players that I have in mind and pretty much just improvise. I go by the Yahoo list, but it's not like I take the top ranked guy each pick.

nashtymavsfan13
10-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Traded David West for Jason Terry today.

Tokey41
10-14-2006, 12:15 AM
My second year of fantasy bball I have two teams (might enter a third league) whatcha think?

1st Lineup: Baron Davis PG, Dwayne Wade SG, Michael Redd G, Josh Howard SF, Antawn Jamison F, Elton Brand PF, Chris Bosh FC, Jermaine Oneal C, Tayshaun Prince UTL...

Bench: T.J Ford, Brandon Roy, K-mart, Nene, and Tyson Chandler

2nd Lineup: Kirk Hinrich, Larry Hughes, Josh Howard, Tracy Mcgrady, Elton Brand, Dwight Howard, Adam Morrison, Yao Ming, Antawn Jamison

Bench: Brandon Roy, Randy Foye, Luke Ridnour, Marvin Williams, Jammal Magloire

I know they look pretty similar, I still think I will dominate with my first team though since Redd was a major steal for me. I dont know whether to start Morrison or Williams though at the forward.

nashtymavsfan13
10-14-2006, 12:21 AM
My second year of fantasy bball I have two teams (might enter a third league) whatcha think?

1st Lineup: Baron Davis PG, Dwayne Wade SG, Michael Redd G, Josh Howard SF, Antawn Jamison F, Elton Brand PF, Chris Bosh FC, Jermaine Oneal C, Tayshaun Prince UTL...

Bench: T.J Ford, Brandon Roy, K-mart, Nene, and Tyson Chandler

2nd Lineup: Kirk Hinrich, Larry Hughes, Josh Howard, Tracy Mcgrady, Elton Brand, Dwight Howard, Adam Morrison, Yao Ming, Antawn Jamison

Bench: Brandon Roy, Randy Foye, Luke Ridnour, Marvin Williams, Jammal Magloire

I know they look pretty similar, I still think I will dominate with my first team though since Redd was a major steal for me. I dont know whether to start Morrison or Williams though at the forward.

This is my second year as well. Last year I had 6 leagues, and this year I have 3.

As for your teams, I really really like your first team starting lineup, but your bench has some big question marks (K-Mart, Nene) I'd get rid of them ASAP via trade.

Your second team is ok. Your starting lineup is slightly weak, but your bench is strong, so your depth is definetly a plus and will definetly help you place high in your league.

Overall, two very good team, good luck this year.

nikeball
10-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Lebron went 1, KG went 2.

usually how it always goes.

nashtymavsfan13
10-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Which of these players has the most value from a fantasy perspective?

Devin Harris, Rudy Gay, or Luther Head?

Five-ofan
10-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Which of these players has the most value from a fantasy perspective?

Devin Harris, Rudy Gay, or Luther Head?
I would take devin then gay. Gay could put up big numbers while gasol is out though?

nashtymavsfan13
10-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah, right now I have Devin and I donno if I should drop him for Gay.

I think I'll just keep him (the hamstring injury worries me though).

Nash13
10-15-2006, 11:00 PM
What i've come to learn over the past few years of fantasy league, is it all comes down to how you manage the 2nd half of the players you draft, and your ability to make a good trade. Don't gamble on more than one player.

I have a system, it could blow up in my face or work to perfection, we'll see. For those of you in U2's league, watch out for Thor.

Tokey41
10-15-2006, 11:03 PM
I'd probably take Gay over Harris with the Gasol situation... then again depends on what you want out of them I guess. I think Gay will produce better numbers overall though.

nashtymavsfan13
10-15-2006, 11:05 PM
I'd probably take Gay over Harris with the Gasol situation... then again depends on what you want out of them I guess. I think Gay will produce better numbers overall though.

Yeah, I'm just trying to decide who'd have better numbers overall because it's for my last bench spot. Marquis could enter the equation as well, he and Harris are my last two bench guys, should I replace either with Rudy Gay?

Pongo
10-16-2006, 03:33 AM
I'd take devin... but I'm just a homer :)

12 team league, 13 player roster

what 'cha think?

PG Starbury
SG G. Wallace
G Brandon Roy (ROY :D )
SF BronBron
PF Dwight Howard
F Troy Morphy ( hoping for C-eligibility for howard and him)
C Darko
C Pachulia
Util Jameer Nelson
Util Mike Miller

BN: Quisy
BN: Bonzi
BN: Dunleavy

mavsgirl4134
10-16-2006, 07:23 AM
I played fantasy basketball last year, and had no idea what I was doing, and I'm doing it again this year, and still am kinda clueless, but here is the team I have. Oh I had the #1 pick too.:p

PG-Billups
SG- J. Richardson
G-Cassell
SF-Marion
PF-Gooden
F-Battier
C-Ilgauskas
C-Dalembert

Util- Mobley
Util- Kenny Thomas
Util-Barbosa

Bn- Gomes
Bn-J. Rose

VivaNajera
10-17-2006, 03:08 PM
If anyone is interested, I have a few sports open in my yahoo fantasy league, the draft is this sunday @8pm. It is 10 teams deep with stats like fgm, fg%, ftm, ft%, rebs, 3's asst, steals, blks, to and maybe one or 2 others. Looking for serious and active managers only. please dont sign up and be on of those guys who checks it once or twice a month. here is the lg info yahoo id: 3522 password: mavs

thanks

nashtymavsfan13
10-17-2006, 04:18 PM
I played fantasy basketball last year, and had no idea what I was doing, and I'm doing it again this year, and still am kinda clueless, but here is the team I have. Oh I had the #1 pick too.:p

PG-Billups
SG- J. Richardson
G-Cassell
SF-Marion
PF-Gooden
F-Battier
C-Ilgauskas
C-Dalembert

Util- Mobley
Util- Kenny Thomas
Util-Barbosa

Bn- Gomes
Bn-J. Rose

You took Marion #1?!

Lebron always goes #1

fluid.forty.one
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Apparently not

Five-ofan
10-17-2006, 04:54 PM
You took Marion #1?!

Lebron always goes #1
thats not a bad pick actually. I love lebron and i would take him purely for the upside but marion has outscored him the last 2 years...

mavsgirl4134
10-17-2006, 07:21 PM
You took Marion #1?!

Lebron always goes #1

Well, I have heard that Marion is a good fantasy player. And personally I can't stand lebron, I think he's to cocky, and Shawn Marion is one of my fav players so thats why I chose him. But I actually did think about choosing Lebron for about 2 seconds.

Five-ofan
10-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Well, I have heard that Marion is a good fantasy player. And personally I can't stand lebron, I think he's to cocky, and Shawn Marion is one of my fav players so thats why I chose him. But I actually did think about choosing Lebron for about 2 seconds.
You are fine, Marion is a stud. Plus the cats he helps in (blocks, boards, less TOs) are harder to come by then pts and assists which lebron beats him in.

nashtymavsfan13
10-17-2006, 09:14 PM

Yeah, Marion has outscored him the past two years, so I guess it's not a bad pick. I was just surprised, because Lebron is the consensus #1.

Tokey41
10-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Oh man I forget about Marquis, i'm sure he'd be a great bench player this year. I think a lot of people are just scared that Amare and Nash will steal some of Marions thunder this year... but it didnt the first year they were all together. So if he puts up similar numbers again this year he will be my unquestioned #2 behind Bron next year. Maybe 3, we'll see how amazing Dirks numbers are this year (10.0 REB, 1.5 BLK, 1.0 STL, 5.0 AST too much to ask?)

nashtymavsfan13
10-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Oh man I forget about Marquis, i'm sure he'd be a great bench player this year. I think a lot of people are just scared that Amare and Nash will steal some of Marions thunder this year... but it didnt the first year they were all together. So if he puts up similar numbers again this year he will be my unquestioned #2 behind Bron next year. Maybe 3, we'll see how amazing Dirks numbers are this year (10.0 REB, 1.5 BLK, 1.0 STL, 5.0 AST too much to ask?)

5 ast are too much, but I think 10 boards 1.5 blks and 1 stl is hard but still possible.

I've got Quisy on one of my teams as a bench player, I think he'll have a good year as the 6th man.

I think Marion will be solid this year, but I think Bron will be better.

nashtymavsfan13
10-19-2006, 07:28 PM
I was offered Okur for Richard Jefferson (I'd get Okur)

What do you think?

nashtymavsfan13
10-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Also, Mo Williams (Mil. PG) or Kevin Martin (Sac. SG)?

Ninkobei
10-19-2006, 09:39 PM
alright, I am not quite as familiar with basketball as I am with Football, so here tell me what you guys think:

PG: J. Kidd, SG: J.Smith G: C. Magette, SF:LeBron PF:Bosh, F: Kirilinko, C: Krstc, Utils: David West, Nocione, Jameer Nelson, Bench: Larry Hughes, Darko, Troy Murphy and Marvin Williams

8 team league (yeah so there are lots of players available)

nashtymavsfan13
10-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Very solid team. Not much to nitpick there.

Five-ofan
10-22-2006, 06:56 PM
12 team league, Im not overly happy or sad with this team, I like getting centers early because its easier to find guards to fill out your roster than anything else.

Pg-Tj Ford
Sg-Josh Howard
G-Delonte West
SF-Artest
PF-David West
F-Richard Jefferson
C-Yao
C-Duncan
Util-Prince
Util-Gomes
Bn-Livingston
Bn-Quisy
Bn-Zaza Paculia(a 12and 8 center if you dont know who he is)

Had the 9th pick. I suck at 3s and to a lesser extent assists. Pretty good at everything else.

nashtymavsfan13
10-22-2006, 07:17 PM
12 team league, Im not overly happy or sad with this team, I like getting centers early because its easier to find guards to fill out your roster than anything else.

Pg-Tj Ford
Sg-Josh Howard
G-Delonte West
SF-Artest
PF-David West
F-Richard Jefferson
C-Yao
C-Duncan
Util-Prince
Util-Gomes
Bn-Livingston
Bn-Quisy
Bn-Zaza Paculia(a 12and 8 center if you dont know who he is)

Had the 9th pick. I suck at 3s and to a lesser extent assists. Pretty good at everything else.

Delonte West is not a solid starting guard, maybe a bench player but I would advise you to trade for a better guard. He's going to get a lot less PT this year with Telfair and Rondo.

Five-ofan
10-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Delonte West is not a solid starting guard, maybe a bench player but I would advise you to trade for a better guard. He's going to get a lot less PT this year with Telfair and Rondo.
Hes moving to the starting 2 guard. Wally world is coming off the bench. Hes solid enough. Im trying to get Zaza for a guard which i will eventually.

nashtymavsfan13
10-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Hes moving to the starting 2 guard. Wally world is coming off the bench. Hes solid enough. Im trying to get Zaza for a guard which i will eventually.

Oic. I still am not very high on him, I'd try to trade him and Zaza to a team that needs a center, for a solid guard.

Five-ofan
10-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Oic. I still am not very high on him, I'd try to trade him and Zaza to a team that needs a center, for a solid guard.
Yeah, oh trust me, i will make some deals.

nashtymavsfan13
10-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Yeah, oh trust me, i will make some deals.

Haha, good. I love trading in fantasy basketball, it's so much easier than in baseball and football for some reason. Your team is good though, so even if you aren't able to make some trades you'll be fine.

nashtymavsfan13
10-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey 5-0, what do you think of this team? This is my team in the D-M.com league #2. I wasn't even at the draft, cuz I overslept =/

PG Iverson
SG Vinsanity
G Redd
SF Marion
PF Diaw
F Boozer
C Okur
C Kaman
Util Ridnour
Util Harrington
BN Morrison, Simmons, Szczerbiak

As you can see, I have TONS of depth at center (Diaw, Boozer, Okur, and Kaman are all C-eligible) and my bench is on the weak side, but hopefully Morrison turns out to be good. Any suggestions on possible trades/pickups?

nashtymavsfan13
10-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Trade I got offered:

Okur and Cassell for Richard Jefferson and Turkoglu

I accepted. What do you guys think?

Five-ofan
10-23-2006, 02:38 AM
Hey 5-0, what do you think of this team? This is my team in the D-M.com league #2. I wasn't even at the draft, cuz I overslept =/

PG Iverson
SG Vinsanity
G Redd
SF Marion
PF Diaw
F Boozer
C Okur
C Kaman
Util Ridnour
Util Harrington
BN Morrison, Simmons, Szczerbiak

As you can see, I have TONS of depth at center (Diaw, Boozer, Okur, and Kaman are all C-eligible) and my bench is on the weak side, but hopefully Morrison turns out to be good. Any suggestions on possible trades/pickups?
I would try to deal one of your centers for a top tier sg or sf. Something like Kaman and Redd for Pierce if you could get that or something of that ilk. Someone in that league should be desperate for a C. Find them and use it to your advantage. You have an awesome team but if you have someone with C eligibility starting somewhere other than Center, you can generally get a better player to play there by dealing the center for another player at that position. Great team though.

That trade you made was an absolute raping.

nashtymavsfan13
10-23-2006, 02:44 AM
I would try to deal one of your centers for a top tier sg or sf. Something like Kaman and Redd for Pierce if you could get that or something of that ilk. Someone in that league should be desperate for a C. Find them and use it to your advantage. You have an awesome team but if you have someone with C eligibility starting somewhere other than Center, you can generally get a better player to play there by dealing the center for another player at that position. Great team though.

That trade you made was an absolute raping.

I was thinking that the trade was sort of close, but I needed a center and felt Cassell was much better than Turkoglu, so I took Okur and Cassell.

Yeah, that's probably what I'll do. I was pretty lucky to end up with 4 top 10 centers! I really like my team, especially considering that I wasn't even there at the draft. You are right about the fact that if you have someone center eligible playing at another position you are able to get more value from another player. I'll try to deal one of them, thanks for the input.

jthig32
10-24-2006, 11:05 AM

Are you sure about this? Everything I've read has West moving to 2 guard, but coming off the bench as the 6th man.

sike
10-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Darius Miles as the #2 option in Pordland or Bonzi Wells as the #3 in Houston?

which of these injury prone headcases do you take?

jthig32
10-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Darius Miles as the #2 option in Pordland or Bonzi Wells as the #3 in Houston?

which of these injury prone headcases do you take?

I doubt Miles is the #2 in Portland. Brandon Roy is going to score for them.

I'd go with Bonzi myself.

sike
10-24-2006, 11:27 AM
I doubt Miles is the #2 in Portland. Brandon Roy is going to score for them.

I'd go with Bonzi myself.
Miles was going nuts toward the end of the season...scoring like a mad man...

ex: final game 32pts, 11 rebs

I like Bonzi's rebounds...but can he duplicate what he did as the third option for the Kings?

jthig32
10-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Miles was going nuts toward the end of the season...scoring like a mad man...

ex: final game 32pts, 11 rebs

I like Bonzi's rebounds...but can he duplicate what he did as the third option for the Kings?

I really think Roy is going to be their #2 guy. That's my guess.

I realize preseason box scores aren't always good indicators of what will happen in the regular season, but Roy has had a pretty nice preseason.

Also, with Bonzie, if McGrady goes down, you could have a real steal on your hands.

Why am I telling you this? Is this for our league? lol

sike
10-24-2006, 11:34 AM
I really think Roy is going to be their #2 guy. That's my guess.

I realize preseason box scores aren't always good indicators of what will happen in the regular season, but Roy has had a pretty nice preseason.

Also, with Bonzie, if McGrady goes down, you could have a real steal on your hands.

Why am I telling you this? Is this for our league? lol
nooooooooooooo ;)

nashtymavsfan13
10-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Definetly Bonzi over Miles.

nashtymavsfan13
10-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Trade I got offered:

Okur and Cassell for Richard Jefferson and Turkoglu

I accepted. What do you guys think?

Well, it got vetoed :confused:

What do you guys think about Okur for Jefferson, me getting Okur.

fluid.forty.one
10-24-2006, 08:28 PM
how cool would it have been to have fantasy basketball when magic was in the league ;)

Five-ofan
10-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Artest for Gerald Wallace-i get wallace. Who would do it and who wouldnt?

Wallace if he somehow stays healthy is a top 10 fantasy player.

jthig32
10-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Artest for Gerald Wallace-i get wallace. Who would do it and who wouldnt?

Wallace if he somehow stays healthy is a top 10 fantasy player.

I'd do it. Wallace is injury prone, and Artest is meltdown prone.

Five-ofan
10-24-2006, 09:07 PM
I'd do it. Wallace is injury prone, and Artest is meltdown prone.
yeah kind of my thinking. Plus Im going mostly after the big man cats especially fg%. With this deal, Ive got fg% pretty much locked up(artest is a killer there)

nashtymavsfan13
10-24-2006, 09:35 PM
I'd definetly do it 5-0, but I wouldn't call G-Wall a top 10 fantasy player, even if he stays healthy. Top 25 though.

Could you help me with my trade? Okur for RJ, I get Okur

Five-ofan
10-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I'd definetly do it 5-0, but I wouldn't call G-Wall a top 10 fantasy player, even if he stays healthy. Top 25 though.

Could you help me with my trade? Okur for RJ, I get Okur
ID prefer Okur because of the center eligibility and 3s combo.

As for wallace, yeah top 10 was high but hes a stud if he stays healthy. She changed her mind though...:(

nashtymavsfan13
10-24-2006, 09:52 PM
ID prefer Okur because of the center eligibility and 3s combo.

As for wallace, yeah top 10 was high but hes a stud if he stays healthy. She changed her mind though...:(

Alrite that's what I was thinking too.

Yeah top 10 is too high, too bad you weren't able to get it done :o

sike
10-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Well, it got vetoed :confused:

What do you guys think about Okur for Jefferson, me getting Okur.
take okur.

nashtymavsfan13
10-24-2006, 10:14 PM
take okur.

Thanks, I will.