PDA

View Full Version : Pacers' Jackson hit by car, fires handgun, police say

HexNBA
10-06-2006, 07:55 AM
Pacers' Jackson hit by car, fires handgun, police say

Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Pacers player Stephen Jackson was hit in the mouth, struck by a car and fired a gun outside a strip club early Friday, police said.

Jackson, 28, told officers he fired his 9 mm pistol four or five times in the air in self-defense after he was punched and hit by a car outside the club, said Sgt. Matthew Mount, spokesman for the Indianapolis Police Department.

There were no reports of anyone being struck by the gunfire, and police did not make any immediate arrests. Police are looking for the car that hit Jackson and other individuals involved.

An argument involving patrons, Jackson and other members of the Pacers began inside the club, Mount said. The players said they left the club, but patrons followed them outside.

"At some point when leaving the club, a verbal altercation ensued that turned into a physical altercation," Mount said.

Jackson was hit in the mouth, and an individual tried to run him over with a car, Mount said. Jackson went up onto the hood of the car.

Jackson was limping but refused medical treatment at the scene, Mount said. He conferred with a Pacers trainer and sought medical treatment at a hospital.

The other Pacers at the scene were Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels and Jimmie Hunter.

Tinsley and Daniels also had guns in their cars, and all three players had permits for the weapons, Mount said, although Daniels' permit was issued in Florida.

Jackson joined the Pacers in 2004 and averaged 16 points per game during the 2005-06 season.

Daniels played for the Dallas Mavericks last season.

MavKikiNYC
10-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Wow who'd have thought he'd be involved in something like that?

MavsX
10-06-2006, 08:24 AM
damn you HEX, i just saw this story too so i thought i would be all cool to be the first to start this new thread....props to you..you beat me...

this is crazy..the story said they all had guns in their cars..what the hell is wrong with these idiots......

you can take these guys out of the ghetto..but you can't take the ghetto out of these guys...

u2sarajevo
10-06-2006, 08:40 AM
I carry a concealed weapon also, does that make me ghetto?

I think a more "ghetto" action would be to forgo the certification process and just carry a handgun without a permit.

It's not like he killed someone. Let the whole story come out. If all he did was what is in this story I say he handled himself pretty well.

edit: As a matter of fact, if someone indeed tried to run me over I am certain there would at least be a bloody scene involving a gun.

Flacolaco
10-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Anyone ever heard of a hockey player "outside a club" or "hit by a car" or "fired his gun"?

Why do NBA players (or NFL players) continue to perpetuate these stereo types???

I just don't get it...

jthig32
10-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Anyone ever heard of a hockey player "outside a club" or "hit by a car" or "fired his gun"?

Why do NBA players (or NFL players) continue to perpetuate these stereo types???

I just don't get it...

Surely you aren't suggesting that hockey players (and thereby white athletes, in general, I assume) do not stay out late at clubs?

No one messes with hockey players because no one in the U.S. recognizes them.

MavsX
10-06-2006, 08:51 AM
I carry a concealed weapon also, does that make me ghetto?

I think a more "ghetto" action would be to forgo the certification process and just carry a handgun without a permit.

It's not like he killed someone. Let the whole story come out. If all he did was what is in this story I say he handled himself pretty well.

edit: As a matter of fact, if someone indeed tried to run me over I am certain there would at least be a bloody scene involving a gun.

Listen buddy, the point of my story was this: I dont care who has a gun. The fact is all four of the guys out that night were carrying handguns.. Doesn't that strike you like they are up to no good, or at least might get into some issues..so i better carry a gun. If you are just out having a good safe time with nothing shady going on, whats the need for a gun. And its fine to have a gun..but for all four of them to have guns, thats like the same thing as a gang walking around causing problems with guns....

There wouldn't be a sterotype...unless people actually proved it right....and also..the sterotype..is usually true....

u2sarajevo
10-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Listen buddy, the point of my story was this: I dont care who has a gun. The fact is all four of the guys out that night were carrying handguns.. Doesn't that strike you like they are up to no good, or at least might get into some issues..so i better carry a gun. If you are just out having a good safe time with nothing shady going on, whats the need for a gun. And its fine to have a gun..but for all four of them to have guns, thats like the same thing as a gang walking around causing problems with guns....

There wouldn't be a sterotype...unless people actually proved it right....and also..the sterotype..is usually true....Ummmm..... two of them had the guns in their cars.... we don't know if Jackson's was in his car but he is the only one that fired a shot. And he was the one being attacked.

jthig32
10-06-2006, 08:57 AM

There wouldn't be a sterotype...unless people actually proved it right....and also..the sterotype..is usually true....

Three of them were carrying guns, and every one of them had a permit. They carry them for EXACTLEY THIS REASON. Soemthing happened and they were attacked.

Like U2 said, can't we at least wait for more information before villifying them? They weren't armored up with assault rifles or anything. They were carrying legal, certified handguns.

MavsX
10-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Ummmm..... two of them had the guns in their cars.... we don't know if Jackson's was in his car but he is the only one that fired a shot. And he was the one being attacked.

listen all im saying is..i cant read

MavsX
10-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Three of them were carrying guns, and every one of them had a permit. They carry them for EXACTLEY THIS REASON. Soemthing happened and they were attacked.

Like U2 said, can't we at least wait for more information before villifying them? They weren't armored up with assault rifles or anything. They were carrying legal, certified handguns.

thats true..unlike maurice clarrett...that guy is a joke

Flacolaco
10-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Can't an NBA player who makes a LOT of money do anything he wants?

Isn't it desirable to be in a place where you dont have to carry a weapon?

Isn't it desirable to be in a place where you're not going to get hit by a car?

Following this logic, can we say that they LIKE to be in such situations where they expect violence to occur?

I'm just saying....to me, it doesnt make any sense. If I had that much money, I'd be so far away from places like that....it's not like Dirk carries a gun around with him. He doesnt put himself in those situations. Because it isn't necessary.

Flacolaco
10-06-2006, 09:32 AM

I'm not trying to villify them like Mavsx was saying....Im just questioning why these high priced athletes need to be in these positions.

They're not evil, they're not "up to no good".

They're just stupid, is what I'm saying.

I certainly don't think they were "up to no good"

MavsX
10-06-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm not trying to villify them like Mavsx was saying....Im just questioning why these high priced athletes need to be in these positions.

They're not evil, they're not "up to no good".

They're just stupid, is what I'm saying.

I certainly don't think they were "up to no good"

yeah i agree with what your saying..i think i tried to say the same thing, just in different words..i was just trying to be funny...or to make a bold statement...

EricaLubarsky
10-06-2006, 09:46 AM
I'd be willing to bet that Jackson's hot bloodedness was part of what started it. the guns and cars were secondary to a brawl that he probably contributed to

dude1394
10-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Carrying a licensed weapon is as legal as speaking on this message board.

TripleDipping
10-06-2006, 10:08 AM
I have a feeling that the patrons were the ones who instigated the incident.

Maybe the patrons were jealous at the players because the players were getting all the chicks' attention at the club. You know how rowdy a guy gets when he can't get his lap dance.

alby
10-06-2006, 10:16 AM
nothing wrong with what he did, next.

Flacolaco
10-06-2006, 10:23 AM
lol I guess I missed the fact that Marquis Daniels was there.... funny

MavsX
10-06-2006, 10:45 AM
is it a crime to discharge a weapon in the city? im sure its not much, maybe like a fine or something?? Does anybody know?

dalmations202
10-06-2006, 11:31 AM
From NRA-ILA: Texas Gun Laws (they weren't in Texas though)

It is unlawful for a handgun license holder to carry a handgun on the premises of: a business that derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption; (weren't they in the parking lot? -- it is considered either on the premise or a public place -- it is unlawful even with a permit)

It is unlawful to discharge a firearm in a public place or on or across a public road.

Not sure if it was legal or not where they were, but it wouldn't have been in Tx.

EricaLubarsky
10-06-2006, 12:24 PM
what a tattooed hoodlum!

MavKikiNYC
10-06-2006, 12:38 PM

Lap dancing is good post-toenail extraction therapy.

PM me for details.

bobatundi
10-06-2006, 12:59 PM
From NRA-ILA: Texas Gun Laws (they weren't in Texas though)

It is unlawful for a handgun license holder to carry a handgun on the premises of: a business that derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption; (weren't they in the parking lot? -- it is considered either on the premise or a public place -- it is unlawful even with a permit)

It is unlawful to discharge a firearm in a public place or on or across a public road.

Not sure if it was legal or not where they were, but it wouldn't have been in Tx.

Texas has about the most liberal gun laws in the country, so somehow I suspect if it was illegal in Texas, it would be illegal in Indiana as well (but I don't know for certain). I was thinking the same thing, it is illegal to carry a handgun, even if you have a CHL permit, onto the property of a place that derives over half its revenue from alcohol sales, and it's illegal to fire a gun inside city limits; so they did break the law. I am a responsible gun owner myself, and I know better; you should have to know those rules to get your CHL permit, too, so they shouldn't be able to claim ignorance as an excuse. What's up with Marquis' Florida permit though--didn't he go to high school in North Carolina, college in Alabama, play pro ball in Texas, and now is caught with a handgun in Indiana? That sounds shady.

I don't think we have to stereotype here at all; Jackson has a history of doing stupid things and getting into trouble, and here he's done so again.

MavsX
10-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Ummmm..... two of them had the guns in their cars.... we don't know if Jackson's was in his car but he is the only one that fired a shot. And he was the one being attacked.

looks like your boy jackson got arrested for shooting his gun at the guy....

dude1394
10-09-2006, 05:32 PM
How can it be legal to carry a gun in the city but illegal to fire it? So if you use it for self-defense you are breaking the law?

MavsX
10-09-2006, 05:37 PM
How can it be legal to carry a gun in the city but illegal to fire it? So if you use it for self-defense you are breaking the law?

exactly, ........................nah im just kiddin

Drbio
10-09-2006, 09:54 PM
I hate to see Daniels getting infected by Jackson. That's the worst part of all this. Screw Jackson...he is a piece of shit.

Drbio
10-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Oh and the ghetto remark.....I assure you that I am about the farthest thing from ghetto ever, but please let me assure you that if you fark with me in my car or near it, you will quickly be looking down the wrong end of one or more permitted barrells and I have a twitch in my trigger finger....so proceed carefully, but feel free to take your best shot. :D

'cuz I ain't skeered.

sike
10-09-2006, 10:33 PM
he had a license for it?? man, that is going to knock a great big hole in his street cred...

Drbio
10-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Daniels had an out of state permit so it doesn't count. His cred is intact.

sike
10-10-2006, 01:03 AM
^^^ good...I like my Quissy, gangsta!

MavsX
10-10-2006, 07:44 AM
haha, you guys are redonkulous...

nikeball
10-14-2006, 02:47 AM
he had a license for it?? man, that is going to knock a great big hole in his street cred...
LOL

and i hope marquis isnt hanging out with him just to fit in with new teammates...

sigh

it must be from jermaine o'neal and the jail blazer influence