PDA

View Full Version : KG and other misc. NBA stuff

dirt_dobber
10-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Oct 17, 2006 | 5:01AM http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/DimeMagazine

Are the cracks starting to show in Kevin Garnett’s armor?

All summer we’d heard rumors and read implications that K.G. was increasingly unhappy with his situation in Minnesota, and yesterday the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported that a recent Wolves practice was halted when K.G. verbally went off on Trenton Hassell.

After the scrimmage ended, Minny coach Dwayne Casey asked the media to leave while K.G. “spoke loudly to his teammates to wrap up practice.” Said Casey afterwards, “It was two brothers discussing things, talking about things. Nothing we haven’t seen before. It’s over, done with, dead subject.”

The Wolves beat the Pacers last night, getting 14 points and 11 boards from Garnett and 13 points off the bench from Randy Foye.

FYI, Stephen Jackson was booed by the Indy crowd every time he entered the game. Who has a better chance of surviving Minnesota’s final cuts: Vin Baker or Paul Shirley? Neither one got off the bench yesterday.

Turns out Jared Jeffries broke his wrist when the Knicks played the Nets last Friday, which will put him out for 3-6 weeks. Jeffries was probably gonna start at the three, so we’re not sure who gets that spot now. Maybe Jalen Rose? David Lee?

Yes, it’s only preseason, but Jason Maxiell has been ballin’ for the Pistons. Team VP John Hammond told the Detroit papers the 6-7 PF is “in the Ben Wallace mode.” Through four games, Maxiell had gone to the line 44 times, including 12 times in Detroit’s win over the Jazz.

Speaking of the Pistons, the Chicago Tribune has reported that Chauncey Billups will opt out of his contract at the end of this year and become a free agent. The paper also speculated that Billups will get bigger offers than what Big Ben got from the Bulls.

Antawn Jamison scored 22 in the Wizards win over the Bobcats. Gerald Wallace finished with 22 points, five dimes and six steals.

Yao Ming (toe) will make his preseason debut tonight when the Rockets play the Mavericks.

The Clippers offered Chris Kaman a five-year, $50 million contract extension and are waiting for his answer. If Kaman doesn’t sign by opening day, he becomes a restricted free agent at the end of the year.

Doc Rivers confirmed what we’d assumed all offseason long, telling the Boston Herald that he plans to use Delonte West primarily at the two-guard this year and probably at the point in crunch-time situations.

That leaves Sebastian Telfair and Rajon Rondo to battle it out for minutes at point guard. In other Celtics news, Paul Pierce told the Herald that new acquisition Luke Jackson earned his respect as a shooter when Luke beat The Truth in a shooting contest where both guys used their opposite hands.

Vladimir Radmanovic strained ligaments in his hand and will miss a little time, an injury he suffered when Lakers assistant Brian Shaw swatted his shot during warm-ups.

According to the Tacoma News Tribune, Luke Ridnour has already won the job as the Sonics' starting point guard.

Pat Riley told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that three Heat veterans showed up to camp out of shape, but made it clear that Shaq wasn’t one of them. We hung out with Shaq at the “NBA 2K7” launch party a while back, and he looked as lean as ever.

Well, not Orlando lean, but late-last-season lean.

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, 37, signed with a pro team in Greece.

Duke’s starting point guard Greg Paulus is out indefinitely with a broken foot. In his place, Coach K will have to look to freshmen Jon Scheyer and Gerald Henderson. Or in other words, like one of our boys said yesterday when he heard the news, “Yeah, don’t they have some other All-American stashed on the bench somewhere?”

The Burger King Kings of the Courts 3-on-3 tournament was in Atlanta this past weekend, the latest stop on the 14-city tour. Team "Murder One" took the ATL chip, collecting $2,000 and punching their ticket to Las Vegas for the national championship tourney in February. This weekend the BK tournament is in Birmingham, Ala. If you’re in the area, we’d definitely recommend checking it out. And if you and your boys can ball, sign up and take a crack at the title. Click here for more info.

We’re out like Jeffries.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/DimeMagazine

u2sarajevo
10-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Why do I get the feeling that this post is going to queue a slew of KG to Dallas trade threads?

MavsX
10-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Why do I get the feeling that this post is going to queue a slew of KG to Dallas trade threads?

yeah dude, seriously..i hate those..its not gonna freaking happen...

V2M
10-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Trenton must've dunked on him during practice.

He should just be glad he didn't get punched in the face by KG... and subsequently get cut by the team!

dalmations202
10-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Someone needs to change the title of this thread.

KG is a very valuable poster here who I enjoy reading. He is very knowledgable and well spoken/written.

Kevin Garnett is a player who has only made it out of the first round of the playoffs in many many years of trying, and I don't care to read about him at all.

I actually thought by the title of this thread that I could get some interesting information and insight, instead all I got to read about was a Timerwolve with nothing.

:)