PDA

View Full Version : Tough question for die-hard Mav fans...

Big Shot Rob
10-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Okay guys...

This weekend, the Heat come into San Antonio for a pre-season game against the Spurs.

I know how much die-hard fans dislike Timmy, Tony, Manu, et al.

I imagine the same kind of dislike is aimed at the Heat, Shaq, Pat Riley, Wade, et al.

Who are Mav fans going to be rooting for?

I know--it is a totally meaningless pre-season game.

But its also the first time the Heat have been in Texas since playing the Mavs and stole the series with the most biased, totally criminal officiating that I have ever seen in any sports competition.

Any Mav fans out there going to root for the Silver and Black against Riley and Shaq?

vinylstar
10-20-2006, 06:22 PM
spurs. i never root for shaq....ever.

nashtymavsfan13
10-20-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't really care, but if it was regular season I'd be rooting for the Heat since we are battling the Spurs for best record in the West.

StrikerV
10-20-2006, 06:23 PM
I'll root for the Spur (lesser of two evils)

GL Big Shot Rob for your team against the heat.

EricaLubarsky
10-20-2006, 06:26 PM
I can never cheer for Wade ever. I wish nothing but KG's fate upon him

dude1394
10-20-2006, 06:39 PM
I never rooted for shaq before, now that he has his new prima-donna with him it's even worse.

I hope they go winless for the rest of riley's life.

mary
10-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Its preseason - don't care.

In the regular season - Heat.

If they meet in the finals - Heat.

Spur has won enough championships and would be even more intolerabley obnoxious with a fourth.

For whatever reason, I just don't really feel that bitter towards Heat.

BTW, didn't you post this exact same question earlier in the summer?

capitalcity
10-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Who are Mav fans going to be rooting for?The injury bug.

mav4ever
10-20-2006, 06:53 PM
not a tough question at all. i will root for our division, and our state. i have always done this , even before miami. every title the spurs have ever won ive rooted for them, as well as houston with the dream. its really wierd because try as you might to deny this fact, i know spurs fans do not share this sentiment. im sure it is because the spurs were knocked out by us, but even back in 03 when we lost dirk in the 2nd game of the west finals, then lost to the spurs in 6, once the finals had started i rooted for the spurs.why do you suppose this is the case, or do you even think it is? keep in mind im not talking about you, ive seen you here before and i think you feel the same way, but you are the exception, and not the average spurs fan.

Underdog
10-20-2006, 06:54 PM
What about Spurs/Heat vs. Mothra?

V2M
10-20-2006, 07:19 PM
The injury bug.

Lol... exactly what I was thinking!

snoop
10-20-2006, 07:30 PM
presason-dont care
reg season-don't care
if it was the finals-don't care

Drbio
10-20-2006, 07:52 PM
F 'em both.

jacktruth
10-20-2006, 07:56 PM
I would be hoping that I could stop throwing up.

Murphy3
10-20-2006, 09:20 PM
The Heat without a doubt. Shaq's one of the funniest guys in the NBA. He gets how lucky he is to have this 'job'. I don't have anything against DWade. He was simply lucky enough to be on the good end of one of the most poorly officiated series in the history of Sport last season. I don't hold that against him. I hold that against the NBA.

The Spurs are just a bunch of whiney bitches.

Stylistic
10-20-2006, 10:17 PM
not a tough question at all. i will root for our division, and our state. i have always done this , even before miami. every title the spurs have ever won ive rooted for them, as well as houston with the dream. its really wierd because try as you might to deny this fact, i know spurs fans do not share this sentiment. im sure it is because the spurs were knocked out by us, but even back in 03 when we lost dirk in the 2nd game of the west finals, then lost to the spurs in 6, once the finals had started i rooted for the spurs.why do you suppose this is the case, or do you even think it is? keep in mind im not talking about you, ive seen you here before and i think you feel the same way, but you are the exception, and not the average spurs fan.

I am the EXACT SAME WAY!!!:eek:

Drbio
10-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Why is this crap in our Mavericks forum? If a spurts fan came in andasked what die hard Mavs fans thought about Timmy Duncan and Tony Parker's sexual relationship would that go in our MAVERICKS forum too?

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/Spurs/love.jpg

Tokey41
10-20-2006, 11:30 PM
That is so... awkward. I'm torn between showing the greatest PF in history some respect and hating the Spurs. But anyway!

I'll root for the Heat in the regular season because as pointed out we will be rivaling the Spurs for the conference record and overall league record (not as worried about the heat as the Spurs)... but in the pre-season I hope the Spurs whoop the Heat, still a little bitter.

alby
10-20-2006, 11:48 PM
God i hate tim duncan, just look at that picture

mary
10-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Same thread already created here (http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26659)

G-Man
10-20-2006, 11:56 PM
As much as I like watching the Mavs beat the Spurs, I still respect them as a franchise, and Timmy as a great player. I'll be pissed at Miami for quite a while, unless we sweep them in a finals rematch.

The Spurs have always won with classy players, Iceman, the Admiral, etc. Hard to hate em, easier to root for them, now that the Mavs are the better team, with the brighter future

Big Shot Rob
10-21-2006, 12:06 AM
You know--Mary is right--I think I did ask this question once several months ago.

If the moderators want to delete it, that's fine with me.

I guess I was just curious--who do you hate more?

But--in the whole scheme of things--I guess I got my answer.

shaw-xx
10-21-2006, 12:44 AM
Not really care but never root for the Heat.

Thespiralgoeson
10-21-2006, 02:25 AM
I could care less.

MavsX
10-21-2006, 01:46 PM
the only thing i will be rooting for is career ending injuries for both teams!

nashtymavsfan13
10-21-2006, 01:55 PM
the only thing i will be rooting for is career ending injuries for both teams!

That's taking it a little too far...

FINtastic
10-21-2006, 02:02 PM
I'd like for both of them to lose somehow. Even thought it's preseason, I guess I'll pull slighty for the Spurs since I still haven't gotten over what happened in the NBA Finals yet.

Drbio
10-21-2006, 02:56 PM
You know--Mary is right--I think I did ask this question once several months ago.

If the moderators want to delete it, that's fine with me.

I guess I was just curious--who do you hate more?

But--in the whole scheme of things--I guess I got my answer.

How about next time sticking your retarded spurts appeasing threads in the NBA forum next time?

dalmations202
10-21-2006, 04:00 PM
I'd root for Spurs/Houston and then New Orleans basically every time after the Mavs.

But you know, they may have pissed me off with their actions against the Mavs and then I'd root for "team playing them".

heck I just realized I feel the same way about Spurs/Houston as I do about t.u./ou. I like them when they aren't the best team in the country, but despise them because their fans get to be a$$holes when they are. Of course, it could just be jealousy because I don't get to be that way -- but hey.

TexasSportsFan4
10-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Okay guys...

This weekend, the Heat come into San Antonio for a pre-season game against the Spurs.

I know how much die-hard fans dislike Timmy, Tony, Manu, et al.

I imagine the same kind of dislike is aimed at the Heat, Shaq, Pat Riley, Wade, et al.

Who are Mav fans going to be rooting for?

I know--it is a totally meaningless pre-season game.

But its also the first time the Heat have been in Texas since playing the Mavs and stole the series with the most biased, totally criminal officiating that I have ever seen in any sports competition.

Any Mav fans out there going to root for the Silver and Black against Riley and Shaq?
Who cares, it's the pre-season. If it were regular season I'd definitly go for the Heat. I don't care a whole lot for Shaq really but I do like Wade a lot. He's a great player and a good guy who's not a thug and complain about everything and want to fight everyone and all of that like some guys. I don't like Riley or anyone else on the Heat for that matter.

SaltwaterChaffy
10-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Ditka.

mavsfan1000
10-21-2006, 05:27 PM
I'd root for the spurs. I can't stand both Wade and Shaq. I hate them with a passion.

Dirkadirkastan
10-21-2006, 05:55 PM
I sure hope none of you who picked the Spurs would do the same in the regular season.

But preseason, who cares.

wmbwinn
10-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Go Spurs. I root for Texas over other states.

And, I respect the Spurs. They have a great team. The question for the Spurs is:
Can they bring in enough youth to keep going? They are getting old.

mqywaaah
10-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Preseason - I'd root for the Spurs

Season - (Heat vs. Spurs) None! Because were battling SA for the best record in the West.
And I would never root for Wade nor Shaq even it was the last game I'd ever see in my whole life.

Thespiralgoeson
10-22-2006, 12:50 AM
That is so... awkward. I'm torn between showing the greatest PF in history some respect and hating the Spurs. But anyway!

Why? Karl Malone doesn't play for the Spurs... :p

EricaLubarsky
10-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Can I hope for Manu to try to dunk only to get his jaw broken by Shaq only for Shaq to land on Wade's foot spraining both their ankles?