PDA

View Full Version : Jay Williams cut from Nets

Dirkenstien
10-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Could this interest the Mavericks? The guy definitely has some fire to even be back in the NBA picture and as of now I'm not too impressed with Ebi or Barea. He could be worth taking a chance on, although I'm not sure if he would be able to play in the D-league (anyone know)

Here is the story: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2635166

sike
10-24-2006, 03:35 PM
interesting...

Williams or JJ?

AxdemxO
10-24-2006, 04:27 PM
I would take a chance on Williams, i dont thin he would beable to play in the d league. But hes got talent and is hungry to play. he would do anythin needed for a lil money to prove jimself.

nashtymavsfan13
10-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I think it's worth bringing him in.

What a stupid decision (that may have cost him a very promising career) to get on that motorcycle. When will athletes learn to just stay away from roids and motorcycles?

Dirkenstien
10-24-2006, 08:51 PM
interesting...

Williams or JJ?

I think you go with Williams. JJ is an interesting project but I'm not sure the reward is worth the risk. Even if he does turn out to be a decent back-up PG he is undersized and will always be a liability on the defensive end.

With Williams you get a guy that fights like a candle in the wind. Remember, his accident was so bad that doctors were considering amputating his leg. He has fought back to get this far and I don't think he will be quitting any time soon. Needless to say, he would be a true inspiration in the locker room. Playing next to a guy like that makes you want to play harder and I think it would only increase the hunger of this team's championship aspirations. He has experience, he has basketball smarts, and most importantly he has desire and a story that anyone would want to get behind and support.

I say bring him aboard and let's solidify this team's roster and personality.

Go Mavs.

nashtymavsfan13
10-24-2006, 09:38 PM
I think you go with Williams. JJ is an interesting project but I'm not sure the reward is worth the risk. Even if he does turn out to be a decent back-up PG he is undersized and will always be a liability on the defensive end.

With Williams you get a guy that fights like a candle in the wind. Remember, his accident was so bad that doctors were considering amputating his leg. He has fought back to get this far and I don't think he will be quitting any time soon. Needless to say, he would be a true inspiration in the locker room. Playing next to a guy like that makes you want to play harder and I think it would only increase the hunger of this team's championship aspirations. He has experience, he has basketball smarts, and most importantly he has desire and a story that anyone would want to get behind and support.

Go Mavs.

Sounds good, plus since he'd be so happy to even be here he could fill the DA cheerleader role as well.

AxdemxO
10-24-2006, 09:50 PM
He is still young too, so in case he really shows promise and that he can come bak and play we mite be able to keep him. And i am sure he would not ask for much money, i mean we would be the team that gave him a chance, so hopefuly he would take that and be loyal.

sike
10-24-2006, 10:12 PM

Go Mavs.
great post

mkat
10-24-2006, 10:57 PM
is there any truth behind bringing him in, or is it all conjecture at this point?

nashtymavsfan13
10-24-2006, 11:03 PM
is there any truth behind bringing him in, or is it all conjecture at this point?

all conjecture at this point.

sike
10-24-2006, 11:03 PM
pure hope and speculation