PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors 6-0

AxdemxO
10-25-2006, 06:11 AM
I just realized that they are 6-0 and are playing good BB. Nelson seems to be doing a good job and I expect Davis to have the best season of his career under Nelson. I think they will be very fun to watch and if they come together as a team could be very dangerous.

Just felt like sharin this, if you got any thoughts feel free.

Usually Lurkin
10-25-2006, 06:14 AM
I just realized that they are 6-0 and are playing good BB. Nelson seems to be doing a good job and I expect Davis to have the best season of his career under Nelson. I think they will be very fun to watch and if they come together as a team could be very dangerous.

Just felt like sharin this, if you got any thoughts feel free.
Nelson's teams are always built for the preseason. Whether or not they can go deep into the regular season is another question.

nashtymavsfan13
10-25-2006, 12:47 PM
It's just preseason. I agree they'll do better this year, but it's too early to judge how well.

Darth Ape
10-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Nelson's teams are always built for the preseason. Whether or not they can go deep into the regular season is another question.

Built for the preseason. hmm That's a new one. Not good in the regular season? That's just ridiculous. Is the anti-Nelson bias getting to this point, where we forget that we criticized him for years for getting the Mavs play well in the regular season, but not well in the playoffs? I guess it's hard to make that point these days considering the Mavs current coach choked like a bitch last year in the finals (embarassingly so, I might add) and could barely get past the first round the year before.

sike
10-25-2006, 01:54 PM
If Davis can stay healthy...whch has been a joke the last few seasons...they will be so fun to watch.

Usually Lurkin
10-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Built for the preseason. hmm That's a new one. Not good in the regular season? That's just ridiculous. Is the anti-Nelson bias getting to this point, where we forget that we criticized him for years for getting the Mavs play well in the regular season, but not well in the playoffs? I guess it's hard to make that point these days considering the Mavs current coach choked like a bitch last year in the finals (embarassingly so, I might add) and could barely get past the first round the year before.

wow, a wee bit sensative this afternoon, are we?
It was a joke. as in, "it's only preseason, the real test is the playoffs, as it's always been, and where Nellie has yet to prove himself well."

Boy, you Nellimongers sure are gasping for air if advancing to the Finals after he leaves is a bad thing, and if a stellar preseason record means something to you. Grab an oxygen tank and a Bud Light and let's talk in May.

bernardos70
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM

I agree the nellie bashing has to end at some point, we should be thankful we had him in Dallas to revitalize this franchise.

But let's not talk about a rookie coach that took his first team to the finals in his first full year as head coach, something nellie has not done for as long as he has coached in this league. That's just a bad example.

Hitman
10-25-2006, 03:45 PM
If Davis can stay healthy...whch has been a joke the last few seasons...they will be so fun to watch.

Yes they will. The Warriors will be pretty high up on my nba league pass teams to keep an eye on.

EricaLubarsky
10-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Since when is it hard to go deep into the regular season? Every team is guaranteed 82 games :b

I think he meant postseason.

Anyway Nelson has always had an incredible ability to get guys on t he same page and fast. I think this is good evidence of that, and proof that NBA coaches are a different breed than college coaches.

dirno2000
10-25-2006, 04:14 PM

I think your sarcasm meter is busted.

The Warriors have been impressive. They're putting up 116ppg on 50% shooting. They've also played Baron Davis over 40 minutes in the last two games so Nellie is clearly trying to change the mindset around there.

Toronto is doing the same thing. They're 5-0 and putting up 107 per game.

Thespiralgoeson
10-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Ape, I think it's fair to say that AJ choked "like a bitch" in the playoffs. But these are the facts: AJ was in his first full season as an NBA head coach, and the Mavericks were in the finals for the first time in franchise history. Don Nelson, as much as I respect him, has never in his entire career coached a team in the Finals.

mqywaaah
10-26-2006, 12:42 AM
I think too that they will be fun to watch this Season. Hope this luck goes all the way through. Anyway, it's just the preaseason.