PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Graham Released

HexNBA
10-25-2006, 09:37 AM
The Cavaliers reduced their roster to 16, one over the regular-season maximum, by releasing swingman Stephen Graham.
“He’s an NBA player,’’ Brown said. “If we could have, we would have liked to have held on to him.’’
Graham, who played in 22 games for the Cavaliers last season, was caught between a rock and a hard place in Cleveland. He was under contract with the Cavaliers but it wasn’t a guaranteed deal, meaning he couldn’t just leave camp and join a team where he had a good chance of sticking.
There was no chance of Graham sticking in Cleveland, however, because the Cavaliers have 15 players with guaranteed deals. Compounding matters, it will now be harder for Graham to land with another NBA club because the regular season is about to start and teams are busy finalizing their rosters.
“He’ll hook up with an NBA team, no doubt,’’ Brown said. “Somewhere down the road, our paths will cross again.’’
The Cavaliers, who kept Graham to protect themselves in the event of a trade or serious injury, will make their final cut within the next few days

---

I'd like him over Ebi and that other guy.

Five-ofan
10-25-2006, 10:09 AM
I dont know that much about the bottom of the Cavs roster but they must have more there than I thought if they cant find someone to drop to make room for him. Then again i would drop their starting pg to keep him... Yes Eric Snow is that bad.

sike
10-25-2006, 10:32 AM
would you take him over Jay Williams?

Five-ofan
10-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Yes.

Dirkenstien
10-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Five-ofan, this may seem like a silly question but I have to ask to make sure.

You're not confusing Stephen Graham with his fraternal twin brother Joey Graham are you? Both players played through their senior year at Oklahoma State for the Cowboys but Joey was far more impressive statistically. Joey Graham went on to be drafted by the Raptors with the 16th pick in the 2005 NBA draft (and still plays there) while Stephen Graham went undrafted before bouncing around the league and CBA with a few 10-day contracts. If Joey was released we should be all over that, but I'm not so sure about Stephen Graham. Sure, he's athletic but other than that he hasn't done anything in the league or even college to impress me at all.

Anyhow, he was claimed off waivers by Portland earlier today.

Five-ofan
10-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Five-ofan, this may seem like a silly question but I have to ask to make sure.

You're not confusing Stephen Graham with his fraternal twin brother Joey Graham are you? Both players played through their senior year at Oklahoma State for the Cowboys but Joey was far more impressive statistically. Joey Graham went on to be drafted by the Raptors with the 16th pick in the 2005 NBA draft (and still plays there) while Stephen Graham went undrafted before bouncing around the league and CBA with a few 10-day contracts. If Joey was released we should be all over that, but I'm not so sure about Stephen Graham. Sure, he's athletic but other than that he hasn't done anything in the league or even college to impress me at all.

Anyhow, he was claimed off waivers by Portland earlier today.
No, I know the difference between the two. there isnt a team in the nba that would drop Joey. (Im a big 12 fan in general as well as being a UT fan so I know the difference between them).

Hes not the prospect that Joey is but I have always liked stephen too. The thing with snow was just a dig at snow who is horrible. Im a big lebron fan so I watch quite a few of their games and overall i think that team has more talent than some think BUT good lord is Snow bad.

HexNBA
10-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Never mind this guy, already snapped up by the Blazers (http://behindblazersbeat.blogs.oregonlive.com/default.asp?item=244935)

sike
10-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Jay Williams?

Five-ofan
10-25-2006, 03:37 PM
I dont think Jay has anything left Sike, but it would be interesting to give him a look...