PDA

View Full Version : Contract Extensions

nikeball
10-31-2006, 06:19 PM
In past two days a few people extended their contracts...i was just wondering what yall thought of it

David West - 5 years / 45 million = 9 mil/year
Luke Ridnour - 3 years / 19.5 million (+$5 million in bonuses, potential to make 24.5 million) = 8 mil / year
Kirk Hinrich - 5 years / 47.5 million = 9.5 mil / year

west had one good year and NO/OKC hornets are throwing rather big money at him already
ridnour had a decent year last year...7.0 asts but terrible shooting %s and he is getting paid too.
hinrich has been producing rather steadily past few years...so i think his contract is worth it...still not a great/efficient scorer

all in all kind of puts into perspective the jho contract. who has produced steadily for 2-3 years and got 10 million. i tihnk it was way worth it.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Yeah, and you could include the Diaw contract in there as well.

I'm very happy with the Jho contract.

Stranger
10-31-2006, 09:02 PM
I can't believe Hinrich is getting paid less than Kaman. That's a travesty. Hinrich is probably the best player on a very good team.

DelNegro
10-31-2006, 10:23 PM
In past two days a few people extended their contracts...i was just wondering what yall thought of it

David West - 5 years / 45 million = 9 mil/year
Luke Ridnour - 3 years / 19.5 million (+$5 million in bonuses, potential to make 24.5 million) = 8 mil / year
Kirk Hinrich - 5 years / 47.5 million = 9.5 mil / year

west had one good year and NO/OKC hornets are throwing rather big money at him already
ridnour had a decent year last year...7.0 asts but terrible shooting %s and he is getting paid too.
hinrich has been producing rather steadily past few years...so i think his contract is worth it...still not a great/efficient scorer

all in all kind of puts into perspective the jho contract. who has produced steadily for 2-3 years and got 10 million. i tihnk it was way worth it.

TJ Ford also signed an extension today. 4 years in the ballpark of $35 mil I believe. That's an awful lot of cash for a guy who's not even among the 10 best at his position.

As for the guys you mentioned:
Hinrich: Fair deal.
West: Probably a bit on the high side, but I don't think it's outrageous.
Ridnour: Definitely overpaid, but it's only 3 years so if it turns out to be a bad deal the Sonics don't have to live with it forever.

DelNegro
10-31-2006, 10:26 PM
I can't believe Hinrich is getting paid less than Kaman. That's a travesty. Hinrich is probably the best player on a very good team.

You can't compare big men salaries to salaries of guards. Quality guards are a dime a dozen (relatively speaking) and quality big men are not. Look at the contracts for Kwame Brown, Mark Blount, Dalembert, Dampier, Nene and other bigs who have signed the last couple of years and Kaman's salary is not out of line.

nikeball
10-31-2006, 10:49 PM
TJ's contract was for... i believe

3 years...8.5 mil / year
player option for 4th year (totalling 33 million for 4 years)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-raptors-ford&prov=ap&type=lgns

mqywaaah
11-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Way happy with the JHo contract. Hinrich's is well deserved. I donno about West's