PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix/LAL

Drbio
10-31-2006, 10:08 PM
The Suns are kicking the crap out of the Lakers in the first and as of right now they are on a 50 point pace for the FIRST QUARTER. The Staple Center will be vacant very soon.

LA sucks.

Drbio
10-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Poor wittle Showbe the drama rapist can't play tonight.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 10:12 PM
Down by 13 isn't bad without Kobe.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 10:13 PM
No way the Suns lose this game though =/

Flacolaco
10-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah this game and this thread will be over soon

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 10:17 PM
Wow, Nashty with 7 ast in the first quarter!

ocelot_ark
10-31-2006, 10:18 PM
Stupid fantasy basketball...I'm actually rooting for Barbosa.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 10:22 PM
Stupid fantasy basketball...I'm actually rooting for Barbosa.

Haha, I'm rooting for Odom.

EricaLubarsky
10-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Im actually rooting for the Lakers.

Wait, that isnt right-- Im rooting against the Suns.

Drbio
10-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Can they both lose somehow and every starter come down with a bad 6 month long case of the runs?

Windmill360
10-31-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm glad basketball is back.

MavsFanFinley
10-31-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm glad basketball is back.

That's the truth. I would have watched Portland and Minnesota if that was the only game on.

Stoudamire looks pretty good but they haven't found an answer to Odom yet.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:12 PM
Wow, this is a surprisingly close game considering Kobe is out.

Odom's been great for my fantasy team =)

Five-ofan
10-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Bynum looks GREAT

Nash doesnt look good.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:21 PM
Bynum looks GREAT

Nash doesnt look good.

How's Amare looking?

Five-ofan
10-31-2006, 11:24 PM
How's Amare looking?
Better than I thought he would but hes not quite himself either. He did have one nice dunk. Bynum has looked better than him so far though. Ok amare looks like me right about now.

WOW, sweet pass odom.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:32 PM
So Amare doesn't look good?

Odom is having a heckuva game.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:32 PM
And, I saw you picked up Bynum in our league haha :D

Five-ofan
10-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Dude if you were watching this game you would pick him up too, hes been the third best player on the court behind odom and Marion. Wow now farmar is killing it. Diaw looks bad... The suns all look bad except Marion and barbosa.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:37 PM
That good huh?

But isn't Kwame going to start when he comes back?

Drbio
10-31-2006, 11:38 PM
LA is beating the crap out of Phoenix.

Five-ofan
10-31-2006, 11:39 PM
MO evans is haveing a big game too.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:40 PM
MO evans is haveing a big game too.

Well someone has to pick up the slack with Kobe being out, that's the reason Odom and Evans are doing so well.

Five-ofan
10-31-2006, 11:42 PM
Which is why i laugh when everyone says Kobe has no help. Odom is SO good.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:43 PM
Yeah.

Do you think Bynum is playing well enough to start over Kwame?

dude1394
10-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Which is why i laugh when everyone says Kobe has no help. Odom is SO good.

Damn straight...It's bogus as heck.

Five-ofan
10-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Yes. I have kwame too though. 16 9 and 3 for bynum so far

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:45 PM
Yes. I have kwame too though. 16 9 and 3 for bynum so far

Oh, then your set there. Nice numbers tonight for Bynum, as well as Odom (who I have on my team :))

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:47 PM
Wow, both the Heat and Suns put on pathetic performances tonight.

Will Odom get a triple double? Just 4 more assists needed....

Five-ofan
10-31-2006, 11:48 PM
this is ugly. I really wish odom was on a team that would use him right. Hes one of my favorite non mavs and it drives me nuts that the lakers use him so poorly. If a team would run the triangle with HIM being the focal point and a good post player he would be absolutely amazing.

Now before i go too far we should remember that this is phoenix with an out of shap diaw and its only one game.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:50 PM
Still though, Odom is a beast. I mean, 29-10-6 and 3 steals on 50% shooting is darn good.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:51 PM
8 mins to get 4 ast for a triple double, can he do it?

Five-ofan
10-31-2006, 11:54 PM
Still though, Odom is a beast. I mean, 29-10-6 and 3 steals on 50% shooting is darn good.
Oh i know, go back through this summer, I am the one who propped Odom and laughed when people said Josh was better than him. The turnover do suck tonight though.

nashtymavsfan13
10-31-2006, 11:56 PM
Oh i know, go back through this summer, I am the one who propped Odom and laughed when people said Josh was better than him. The turnover do suck tonight though.

Yeah, I know you're a big supporter of Odom. I remember all those threads about him vs. Josh.

And yeah, the 5 TO's hurt, but it's cuz he's handling the ball so much.

Five-ofan
10-31-2006, 11:59 PM
good lord shawn marion is fast, he is without question the best player on the suns.

Flacolaco
11-01-2006, 12:00 AM
good lord shawn marion is fast, he is without question the best player on the suns.

yeah tonight..... not in may he wasnt

Five-ofan
11-01-2006, 12:02 AM
But man is that jumpshot ugly, he wont get an assist because walton missed but GREAT pass by Odom. I would kill to see him and Dirk play on the same team.

Five-ofan
11-01-2006, 12:04 AM
yeah tonight..... not in may he wasnt
He was alot better than most people think in the playoffs, he was bad early(odom is a much better defender than people think) but he was a stud after the first couple of games and he had trouble scoring against dallas but the man still averaged 17 and 13 against us.

Edit his total numbers for the playoffs....
20.4 11.7 1.6 1.9 1.2 on 49% Pretty darn solid....

FINtastic
11-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Not to take anything away from Bynum's and Odom's performances, but the interior defense of the Suns was absolutely horrendous tonight (especially in the third quarter). They didn't even contest a huge chunk of the shots, and I'm not sure why Kurt Thomas even bothered to suit up with the effort he gave. Seriously, how can you give up 110+ points to the Lakers without Kobe?

Five-ofan
11-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Not to take anything away from Bynum's and Odom's performances, but the interior defense of the Suns was absolutely horrendous tonight (especially in the third quarter). They didn't even contest a huge chunk of the shots, and I'm not sure why Kurt Thomas even bothered to suit up with the effort he gave. Seriously, how can you give up 110+ points to the Lakers without Kobe?
yeah though odom had Marion on him who is a beast.

nashtymavsfan13
11-01-2006, 12:28 AM
And weren't people saying that the Suns D was going to be pretty solid this year? psshh..

Five-ofan
11-01-2006, 12:36 AM
And weren't people saying that the Suns D was going to be pretty solid this year? psshh..
yeah, I was one of them.... :) When Diaw plays his fat self back into shape, it will be solid enough. The problem is they dont have an off the ball shot blocker.

dirno2000
11-01-2006, 12:36 AM
- I've always thought that Marion was just as important to what the Suns do as Nash. I say that because having a 6'7 SF who can rebound and block shots like a big man allows you to play small and be halfway competitive on the boards and on defense. Tonight Marion rebounded like a normal SF and the Suns got killed on the glass.

- PHX's current starting lineup is missing one of the things that made them so hard to guard the last couple years: four 3-point shooters. Thomas and Diaw aren't threats from deep so playing those two together makes it a little tougher for them to spread the floor and a little easier for the defense to collapse on Nash when he penetrates.

- Evans was a really nice pickup for the Lakers. I'd love to have him as our back up 3.

fluid.forty.one
11-01-2006, 12:37 AM
What a perfect night

FINtastic
11-01-2006, 12:39 AM
yeah though odom had Marion on him who is a beast.

Actually,Thomas started the game on Odom, and was on him for large stretches. If you remember, they said at the beginning that the Suns wanted to play Thomas on Odom for stretches to take away his post game. Also, Marion was almost as guilty as Thomas on the defensive end tonight, as he absolutely fell asleep on the defensive end numerous times in the third quarter. Seriously, some of the layups and shots near the rim that the Lakers got tonight were ridiulously easy. I'm not sure what the reason is, but that definitely wasn't the Suns best effort tonight. Still, props to the Lakers for leaving all on the court tonight, they definitely wanted it more tonight.

Five-ofan
11-01-2006, 12:39 AM
- I've always thought that Marion was just as important to what the Suns do as Nash. I say that because having a 6'7 SF who can rebound and block shots like a big man allows you to play small and be halfway competitive on the boards and on defense. Tonight Marion rebounded like a normal SF and the Suns got killed on the glass.

- PHX's current starting lineup is missing one of the things that made them so hard to guard the last couple years: four 3-point shooters. Thomas and Diaw aren't threats from deep so playing those two together makes it a little tougher for them to spread the floor and a little easier for the defense to collapse on Nash when he penetrates.

- Evans was a really nice pickup for the Lakers. I'd love to have him as our back up 3.
It doesnt hurt that Odom has some of the longest arms in the nba though yes you are right about the shooters. They were at their best last year when it was Diaw and 4 shooters. The year before when it was amare and 4 shooters(including nash as one of the shooters in both years) Thats not really there right now. They miss Tim thomas.

nashtymavsfan13
11-01-2006, 12:40 AM
What a perfect night

Yep :)

Now hopefully the Mavs will complete it by crushing the Spurs :)

Five-ofan
11-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Actually,Thomas started the game on Odom, and was on him for large stretches. If you remember, they said at the beginning that the Suns wanted to play Thomas on Odom for stretches to take away his post game. Also, Marion was almost as guilty as Thomas on the defensive end tonight, as he absolutely fell asleep on the defensive end numerous times in the third quarter. Seriously, some of the layups and shots near the rim that the Lakers got tonight were ridiulously easy. I'm not sure what the reason is, but that definitely wasn't the Suns best effort tonight. Still, props to the Lakers for leaving all on the court tonight, they definitely wanted it more tonight.
I know this has no chance of being right but once Marion blocked odom twice it looked like he said, ok ive got my 2 blocks, my fantasy owners are happy, i can go to sleep now and he didnt remotely try the rest of the game. Both blocks were one on one blocks of odom though which is impressive considering Odoms wingspan.

FINtastic
11-01-2006, 12:42 AM
yeah, I was one of them.... :) When Diaw plays his fat self back into shape, it will be solid enough. The problem is they dont have an off the ball shot blocker.

Could just be me, but I'm kinda expecting a down year for Diaw. He just got a fat contract, played a lot this summer, will have to deal with Amare's return, and he showed up to camp fat... These aren't things that bode well for a monster season from Diaw, as much as I like his game.

FINtastic
11-01-2006, 12:43 AM
I know this has no chance of being right but once Marion blocked odom twice it looked like he said, ok ive got my 2 blocks, my fantasy owners are happy, i can go to sleep now and he didnt remotely try the rest of the game. Both blocks were one on one blocks of odom though which is impressive considering Odoms wingspan.

Yeah, Marion did wake up a little bit in the 4th quarter, but by then the damage had been done. The Lakers were brimming with confidence, and Phoenix's ship was sunk.

Five-ofan
11-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Could just be me, but I'm kinda expecting a down year for Diaw. He just got a fat contract, played a lot this summer, will have to deal with Amare's return, and he showed up to camp fat... These aren't things that bode well for a monster season from Diaw, as much as I like his game.
Yeah, i know what you mean but still his problem tonight was foul trouble not anything else. He had 4 5 and 4 in 16 minutes. His offense will still be Ok though playing him and thomas or amare together is a mistake. Hes at his best when hes guarded by centers and when either of those guys is on the court he isnt.

Edit-I do think his defense is going to suffer though.

FINtastic
11-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah if I'm D'Antoni, I play Nash and Amare together as much as possible, and put Diaw on the court when Nash is on the bench.

chumdawg
11-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Still though, Odom is a beast. I mean, 29-10-6 and 3 steals on 50% shooting is darn good.Well, twelve and four is pretty good.

nashtymavsfan13
11-01-2006, 01:11 AM
Well, twelve and four is pretty good.

Yeah, he got two more boards and one more steal after i posted that. Great game for him.

chumdawg
11-01-2006, 01:30 AM
Whoosh.

Flacolaco
11-01-2006, 08:15 AM
Yeah this game and this thread will be over soon

lol

So glad to eat my words this morning.

Suck it Phx.

fluid.forty.one
11-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Yep :)

Now hopefully the Mavs will complete it by crushing the Spurs :)

I'm a little worried now. Revenge seems to be dominating in these early games.

Flacolaco
11-01-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm a little worried now. Revenge seems to be dominating in these early games.

I think we should have a close game on Thursday. Especially if Frenchy Parker is licking his ankle where Eva kicked him. Otherwise, after last week, I get the feeling like the Spurs might want to kick our ass pretty bad.

sike
11-01-2006, 09:12 AM
watching that game last night made my heart happy.

jacktruth
11-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Wow, Steve Nash is averaging 13 assists a game. I smell an MVP.

Flacolaco
11-01-2006, 09:21 AM
watching that game last night made my heart happy.

your heart?

it made my "sports pants dance"

WayOutWest
11-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Nice win by the Lakers. Odom was terrific but I've seen those types of performances for almost 7 years but he always reverts back to his old pattern of taking games off for no reason. Doesn't matter who he's playing along side with he'll just vanish for no reason. One thing that gets Odom going is another player showing him up. I've seen him get pissed at players like KG or TD and just obuse them on offense. Odom can't defend his peers but there isn't a player in the league that can defend Odom when he feels like playing.

Bynum had a great game but I don't think this will be the norm cause he's so inexperienced and will be defended alot better by the bigger front lines in the league, not everyone plays a center that's only 6'8" like the Suns.

Evans is a great pickup and Turiaf is showing why Laker fans were high on him instead of being high on the smog. Both guys are blue collar effort guys with TALENT, cough-Madsen-cough, that the Lakers have been missing since Kurt Rambis.

Kobe will disrupt the current Lakers if he takes last years regular season approach to playing team ball, if Kobe continues his playoffs style of play the Lakers should flourish but even then they will still end up with the 6th or worse seed in the West.

Five-ofan
11-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Nice win by the Lakers. Odom was terrific but I've seen those types of performances for almost 7 years but he always reverts back to his old pattern of taking games off for no reason. Doesn't matter who he's playing along side with he'll just vanish for no reason. One thing that gets Odom going is another player showing him up. I've seen him get pissed at players like KG or TD and just obuse them on offense. Odom can't defend his peers but there isn't a player in the league that can defend Odom when he feels like playing.

Bynum had a great game but I don't think this will be the norm cause he's so inexperienced and will be defended alot better by the bigger front lines in the league, not everyone plays a center that's only 6'8" like the Suns.

Evans is a great pickup and Turiaf is showing why Laker fans were high on him instead of being high on the smog. Both guys are blue collar effort guys with TALENT, cough-Madsen-cough, that the Lakers have been missing since Kurt Rambis.

Kobe will disrupt the current Lakers if he takes last years regular season approach to playing team ball, if Kobe continues his playoffs style of play the Lakers should flourish but even then they will still end up with the 6th or worse seed in the West.
Since when does Odom have trouble defending? if you mean he cant defend duncan or kg then yeah you are right but thats not suprising...