PDA

View Full Version : 7 Seconds or less (2006 Phoenix Suns)

Hitman
11-01-2006, 06:44 PM
I heard Jack McCallum interviewed on Mike and the Mad Dog in New York on this book...and it sounds pretty interesting if you are a big hoops fan.

Jack mentioned that were is some tension between Marion and other members of the team due to Marion's perceived lack of respect as a superstar in the wake of Nash's back to back MVPs.

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Seconds-Less-Season-Phoenix/dp/074329811X

I am definitely going to check it out. Sounds pretty interesting.

dirno2000
11-01-2006, 06:50 PM
I've read that before. I've also read that he and Amare don't really get along for the same reason.

MavsX
11-01-2006, 07:27 PM
marion is a chump... he needs to know his role and help the team...instead of this individual crap

dude1394
11-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Marion is obviously chump change who wouldn't even be in the league if it wasn't for the back-to-back MVP steve nash making him worth a damn.
:)

EricaLubarsky
11-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Marion is the best all around player on that team.

nashtymavsfan13
11-02-2006, 01:12 AM
I don't blame him one bit.

Dirkenstien
11-02-2006, 01:07 PM
I don't think that team would experience near as much success with their current playing style if it weren't for Marion.

Ofcourse Nash helps, but I think Marion is the true MVP of that team.

#1MavsFan
11-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Marion should be happy that nash has inflated his offensive numbers. He is a beast on defense but is often given the credit for it as he is considered one of the best defenders in the league.

FINtastic
11-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Marion should be happy that nash has inflated his offensive numbers. He is a beast on defense but is often given the credit for it as he is considered one of the best defenders in the league.

Um, Marion's numbers were pretty darn impressive before Nash had ever suited up for a single game with the Suns.

Five-ofan
11-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Marion was a career 19 and 10 guy before steve nash ever played a game with him. If anything you could make the argument that marions relentless running and finishing makes nash better moreso than the other way around. Marion was the better player before they played together...

Nash13
11-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Marion was a career 19 and 10 guy before steve nash ever played a game with him. If anything you could make the argument that marions relentless running and finishing makes nash better moreso than the other way around. Marion was the better player before they played together...

To me it could go either way. Because statistically, neither one of them were double-double guys until Nash showed up. They feed off each other just as equally. That's another reason i think Nash doesn't deserve neither of his MVPs.

Darth Ape
11-03-2006, 07:08 AM
Wasn't there a rumor going around last year that the Suns might have been interested in swapping Marion for Rashard Lewis?

DelNegro
11-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Wasn't there a rumor going around last year that the Suns might have been interested in swapping Marion for Rashard Lewis?

I think that rumor was on the Sonics end. Other than speculation about the Suns wanting to save some lux tax money, and Marion being the guy with the biggest contract, I don't think the Suns have ever seriously considered trading him.

Five-ofan
11-03-2006, 11:38 AM
To me it could go either way. Because statistically, neither one of them were double-double guys until Nash showed up. They feed off each other just as equally. That's another reason i think Nash doesn't deserve neither of his MVPs.
Marion wasnt a double double guy till nash got there? Really? He had averaged basically 18 and 9.8 over the 4 years previous to nash getting there. Marions slightly extra numbers are a result of them playing so fast. You can say thats because of nash, which it is... BUT its not like hes become a better player now than he was then. Nash on the other hand has gotten better so as I said, i would say Marion makes nash better moreso than Nash makes marion better.

Nash13
11-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Marion wasnt a double double guy till nash got there? Really? He had averaged basically 18 and 9.8 over the 4 years previous to nash getting there. Marions slightly extra numbers are a result of them playing so fast. You can say thats because of nash, which it is... BUT its not like hes become a better player now than he was then. Nash on the other hand has gotten better so as I said, i would say Marion makes nash better moreso than Nash makes marion better.

Well i guess this is where we disagree b/c i don't think Nash got any better. When you look at a Suns game, he doesn't do anything he didn't do in Dallas. His numbers went up b/c of them playing fast and small just like Marion's did.

Five-ofan
11-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Well i guess this is where we disagree b/c i don't think Nash got any better. When you look at a Suns game, he doesn't do anything he didn't do in Dallas. His numbers went up b/c of them playing fast and small just like Marion's did.
Yes but clearly nash got better, i mean he went from not being an all star to being a two time mvp....

Hitman
11-03-2006, 05:24 PM
If you don't think that Nash got better in the past two years, then you haven't been paying attention.

Nash was a really good player on the Mavs, but he has turned himself into an all time great.

Five-ofan
11-03-2006, 05:31 PM
If you don't think that Nash got better in the past two years, then you haven't been paying attention.

Nash was a really good player on the Mavs, but he has turned himself into an all time great.
Ummm no. Hes gotten alot better yes but hes not an all time great.

Nash13
11-04-2006, 12:39 PM
It wasn't Nash getting better, he just went to a team that suited his skills the best. That trend started his last year in Dallas when his numbers went up b/c we played small.