PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose to Phoenix for vet min?

EricaLubarsky
11-03-2006, 02:03 AM
East Valley Tribune - On Thursday night, Jalen Rose was on the verge of signing a one-year deal with the Phoenix Suns .

NBA sources said the deal would likely be completed by the end of the night. The 33-year-old Rose would earn the NBA minimum salary of $1.178 million $744,551 of which would be paid by the Suns and the rest coming from a league fund created for that purpose.

chumdawg
11-03-2006, 02:12 AM
Well, they do need depth.

4cwebb
11-03-2006, 03:09 AM
considering that Jalen isn't the world's greatest outside shooter and, at least in the past, has needed the ball to be successful on offense, I am not certain whether Jalen will be the best fit for the Suns' uptempo, free-flowing offense. Still, it will be interesting to see how the Suns fit him into the mix.

Darth Ape
11-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Jalen is an extremely underrated player with a unique assortment of skills. I think he'll flourish in the open floor with Pheonix. His ball handling skills will allow Nash to get open shots off the ball. Amare will benefit from this. The Sun just got a lot better. Bad news for Mavs fans.

Male30Dan
11-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Jalen is an extremely underrated player with a unique assortment of skills. I think he'll flourish in the open floor with Pheonix. His ball handling skills will allow Nash to get open shots off the ball. Amare will benefit from this. The Sun just got a lot better. Bad news for Mavs fans.

...or anotherwords, good news for you!

MavsX
11-03-2006, 08:08 AM
DARTH APE IS A MOOSEKNUCKLE

jthig32
11-03-2006, 08:12 AM
A "lot" better is a silly thing to say. Jalen's always been a talented offensive player, but he's getting up there in years, and he's not exactley a long distance shooter.

I don't really think he'd fit that well, myself. We'll see.

kriD
11-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Well, they do need depth.
Not anymore:

Nash / Banks
Bell / Barbosa
Marion / (Rose)
Diaw / Amare
K. Thomas / Amare

That's a "pretty good" 9-man rotation, especially if Barbosa continues to play at a MIP level...

4cwebb
11-03-2006, 05:33 PM
It will be interesting to see how this works out for Jalen and the Suns. I think he made the right choice with the Suns over the Heat (although he probably could have received more minutes with the Heat *if* he could have proved to Pat Riley that he would play defense).

rakesh.s
11-03-2006, 10:45 PM
jalen should've gone to philly to play with webber..they could've started him with iverson, webber and iguodala and had a pretty good team.

nashtymavsfan13
11-03-2006, 10:51 PM
I think it's a good decision by him, but I don't think it's that big a deal. It does help the Suns, but he won't get that many minutes anyway.

4cwebb
11-04-2006, 07:18 AM
jalen should've gone to philly to play with webber..they could've started him with iverson, webber and iguodala and had a pretty good team.

Jalen doesn't play any defense, and the Sixers don't share the ball as it is. They don't need another guy that needs the ball in his hands to score that can't also play perimeter defense.