PDA

View Full Version : Trade values for NBA players

Drbio
04-07-2002, 06:57 PM
Here is the link. (http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/020404.html)

MFF will absolutely love to read what they say about Finley.
They have Nash in a tradeable category and say some pretty flattering things about Dirk.

A good read.

Post your comments....

MavsFanFinley
04-07-2002, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I saw this already.

Wasn't it posted in the Mavs section? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif Well, I read about it somewhere anyway.

Actually, I don't have a problem with it. Cuban has already figured out that he'll trade Finley for the right price. What his right price and someone else's is to be seen.

What I don't agree with is that he thinks Finley is over-rated.

madape
04-09-2002, 12:25 AM
Now I don't feel so alone for at least considering the Rose for Finley swap.

Kat
04-09-2002, 12:43 AM
Is it just my imagination, biased opinion, or does Fin not seem to find his rhythm unless he gets touches and gets into it early in the game, or late? It seems to me when he gets into a funk early, he can't find hisd rhythm again until he's tired later in the game. Just my observation. And yes, this was posted before, can't remember exactly when or where.

scooterj5
04-09-2002, 02:41 AM
That article is perhaps the ultimate in lazy writing. Ranking the top 40 players, woooow

Epitome22
04-09-2002, 10:01 AM
This is the kind of thing this guy does. Besides, If I was a sports-writer, I could think of no better exercise in free time while getting paid. For the record, Bill Simmons has never really bought the hype with Finley and always makes a note to criticize him for his poorly advised, uneccessary fadeaway jump shots while surrounded by 3 people. "No one in the league takes more bad shots than Finley" were his words I believe. My thoughts.

The guy's analysis of Kevin Garnett is right on and what I've been thinking all along. KG is a great player, but he's more like a 7 foot tall, better rebounding Scottie Pippen. He plays Monster D, He dishes the ball well, he crashes the boards, he can score, complete all around talent but not really a strong first option first option. The guy over-rates Paul Pierce and especially so if he considers him to be better than Tracy Mcgrady. For the record, Mcgrady is a more capable offensive player than Mcgrady because he goes to the rack better than Pierce, meanwhile Pierce jacks up so many 3s he makes Ray Allen look versatile. He really overrates Jerry Stackhouse. Finley is better than Stackhouse. Major Props for putting Ben Wallace at 16 although even I think that might be a bit high. Antoine Walker was very overrated in this piece. Nash's rating is appropriate methinks. Abdur-Rahim is overrated also. O'Neal is better than Abdur-Rahim and he probably deserves an even better spot. Chandler is overrated, doesen't even belong on the list. Kwame Brown neither. Props for mentioning Olowokandi, probably the best Center in the league not named Shaq.

Murphy3
04-09-2002, 10:20 AM
actually, it's not the ultimate in lazy writing...
many people have enjoyed this article

MavsFanFinley
04-09-2002, 08:13 PM
Kat, I've said the same thing about Fin. I don't know what it is, but he seems to do better when he gets touches in a row.

Meaning, whether they start off going to him or if he hits his first shot get him the ball again a few more times.

That's not to say it always works, but he is better with consistant touches.

I think that's why he's had a harder time adjusting this season. Before, they went to him early and often, but now that they don't need to with Dirk and Nash, I don't think he's found that comfort zone so to speak.

The last 20 games he seems to but look how long it took for him to get there.

TheKid
04-10-2002, 10:06 AM
There was no question in my mind that it was going to take Fin some time to get reacquainted with the team after being out for almost a month. He didn't want to come in and ruin the rythym of the team. Now everyone seems to have found their stride including the new guys, hopefully they can carry this into the playoffs.