PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Poll: Houston Texans logo - like it or not?

Drbio
04-07-2002, 07:23 PM
http://home.hot.rr.com/wacokellys/hou.gif

Personally, I think it looks pretty damn good.

Doc

Smiles
04-08-2002, 01:30 AM
Yeah, I like it too.

Murphy3
04-08-2002, 08:46 AM
i love it..it instantly became a classic

Big Boy Laroux
04-08-2002, 09:48 AM
i think it is a GREAT logo. very cool. but the mascot (team name... TEXANS)... they should have put a lot more thought into it...

LonestarROB
04-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Yeah, what BBL said. It's great but they could have come up with something more original with the name.

Murphy3
04-08-2002, 12:18 PM
i can't think of a better mascot...
they are the TEXANS.

a proud name from perhaps the most prideful state (of course, texas has every reason to be the most prideful state..since it is obviously the best state)

Big Boy Laroux
04-08-2002, 12:41 PM
right, but it's not like Houston represents the entire state of texas.

Murphy3
04-08-2002, 01:08 PM
i know they don't..

however, I like the idea...i like the pride of the name.

no, they won't be my favorite team..but being a Texas team will instantly make them my second favorite NFL team

Dooby
04-08-2002, 01:34 PM
Having lived there, I just hate Houston sports fans. And I hate the name "Texans" because I know how the Houston fans will behave. They will spout off about the "Texans" being Texas' team.

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine in Houston called me to let me know there was a guy spouting off that the "Texans" were going to win 8 games this year. Never mind that this is before the free-agent signing period began and before the team has drafted a player. Never mind the fact that the team has never practiced. Never mind the fact that the team had no schedule at this point.

They are a friggin' expansion team and will be lucky to win three games.

This is how Houston sports fans behave and it drives me friggin' nuts. We should not encourage them.

LonestarROB
04-08-2002, 02:08 PM
<< This is how Houston sports fans behave and it drives me friggin' nuts. >>

Tell me about it i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif . I used to live their too. My sister still does and my brother-in-law fits that description perfectly. I used to dread going to see them because I ALWAYS had to hear it from him(Rockets/Mavs). i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif . EVERYTIME he'd see me that would be the first thing to come out of his mouth. It's felt good the last few years not having to hear a peep from him about the Rockets. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Big Boy Laroux
04-08-2002, 04:12 PM
yeah, i mean, i could really care less. i think it's a dumb name. i mean, what if a team in california had the name Californians? dumb.

but i thought most of you from texas would have a problem with it. i had a problem with the cowboys being dubbed &quot;america's team.&quot; i live in america, and they sure as hell weren't my team.

i would have thought a lot of you in dallas would object to that team basically calling itself &quot;texas' team&quot;

LonestarROB
04-08-2002, 04:24 PM
I think the Dallasites biggest problem is that their trying to steal part of Dallas's sports history so to speak. We've had 2 pro football teams in Dallas with the name the Texans. If I was them I'd want to try and seperate myself from Dallas and it sports history, and try to make our own history.

Dooby
04-08-2002, 04:43 PM
One should also note that of the two teams called the Texans, one folded and the other moved to Kansas City. This from the city whose team moved to Nashville.

Drbio
04-08-2002, 09:39 PM
I like the Texans as the name choice. And I don't see it as Texas' team. Your point about Californians doesn't hold here in the Lone Star State. There are no states in the union like Texas in which state pride elicits such an emotional response. It's intertwined in our history and grows stronger every day. Good choice to me.