PDA

View Full Version : Superspare and Queess tracking thread

EricaLubarsky
11-18-2006, 10:15 PM
@ Mil
Q- 8pts (3-10, 0-3, 2-2), 4 reb, 1ast, 1stl, 2turnovers
SS- 10pts, (4-5, 2-3, 0-0), 2reb, 3ast, 1turnover

What the heck is up with Armstrong? The guy is tearing it up this year. After this game he'll be over 55% shooting from 3, and 53% from the field

Drbio
11-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Opportunity does strange things to certain men.

Good for him.

chumdawg
11-19-2006, 01:23 AM
Opportunity does strange things to certain men.The converse is also true. Darrell is a good player. He got swallowed up a little bit when he was traded to a contender late in his career. But the man has always been able to fill it up.

Among other things, of course.

It's always good to see a local hero do well.

nashtymavsfan13
11-19-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm really happy for DA, and Quis hasn't impressed me so far and he's been getting pretty decent minutes.

jleefilled
11-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Quis had a pretty good game prior to tonight:

14 pts (5/10), 7 rb, 5 stl, 3 asts

nashtymavsfan13
11-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Quis had a pretty good game prior to tonight:

14 pts (5/10), 7 rb, 5 stl, 3 asts

Yeah, but he's been very inconsistent so far this season, which is nothing new.

jleefilled
11-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Yeah, but he's been very inconsistent so far this season, which is nothing new.

So, you're saying Quis was inconsistent on the Mavs? I must have missed that watching the Mavs the passed couple years. While I did see him get inconsistent minutes, I didn't really see inconsistent play. You could maybe argue he didn't play well, but I think the Mavs could pretty much always get a certain amount of production from him if they gave him the playing time.

Given "consistent" minutes, I personally think he'll start doing some nice things for Indiana. But, we'll see.

nashtymavsfan13
11-19-2006, 02:14 AM
So, you're saying Quis was inconsistent on the Mavs? I must have missed that watching the Mavs the passed couple years. While I did see him get inconsistent minutes, I didn't really see inconsistent play. You could maybe argue he didn't play well, but I think the Mavs could pretty much always get a certain amount of production from him if they gave him the playing time.

Given "consistent" minutes, I personally think he'll start doing some nice things for Indiana. But, we'll see.

From what i saw, he was inconsistent. I never knew what to expect from him. One game he look amazing, and the next he'd do nothing. Maybe that had something to do with the PT he was getting, but even when he was getting PT he'd be pretty inconsistent.

jleefilled
11-19-2006, 02:29 AM
I think there was direct correlation between inconsistent minutes and his inconsistent play. Not only that, but I'm not sure if under Avery he ever really had a well-defined role. I think those two factors -- of course, injuries had a LOT to do with it -- affected his consistency more than anything.

nashtymavsfan13
11-19-2006, 02:46 AM
I think there was direct correlation between inconsistent minutes and his inconsistent play. Not only that, but I'm not sure if under Avery he ever really had a well-defined role. I think those two factors -- of course, injuries had a LOT to do with it -- affected his consistency more than anything.

You do have a point there. He has potential, but all I saw was inconsistency. He has continued to do that in Indy where I feel he has a more defined role, more consistent minutes, and has been healthy. I'm not doubting him, I still like Quisy, but I'm just pointing out what I've seen, and what I feel is stil continuing to go on even in Indy.

jleefilled
11-19-2006, 03:31 AM
Yeah, stat-wise he's been pretty bad this year with the exception of maybe a couple of games. I know I'm sounding like I'm making excuses for him, but I do cut him some slack since he's in an entirely new system with a new coach (sound familiar?). The excuses will end if he continues to be fed the minutes he's been getting in the passed four or five games. If he's still erratic with his play at that point, I'll be the first one to say the ol' phrase, "there must have been a reason the guy wasn't drafted." I'm not going to be too troubled by it, though. I'm kind of glad the Mavs cut ties with him after hearing about his off-the-court issues in Indiana.

Thespiralgoeson
11-19-2006, 08:11 AM
*sigh* If only Artest wasn't a nutcase, I'm almost positive that team would be the best in the East this year.

EricaLubarsky
11-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Daniels- 2pts, 1reb, 1to
Armstrong 0pts, 3 rebounds