PDA

View Full Version : Jazz vs Lakers

MavsFanFinley
04-10-2002, 12:05 AM
You'd think the Jazz would have been able to beat the Lakers when Shaq was tossed, but no. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

It seemed to have fueled the Lakers instead and went on an impressive run.

Oh well.

Kings won as well.

Drbio
04-10-2002, 10:46 AM
The Kings are unconscious...

MavsFanFinley
04-10-2002, 11:06 PM
Going from memory, they haven't had any real competition as of late, except for Minnesota, I guess.

The Lakers are the last tough team I can recall and they lost that one.

They did have that impressive road trip going 6-0, but that was only a matter of time before they clicked on the road and they did it just in time.

Drbio
04-10-2002, 11:13 PM
You know, as good as they have been, it wouldn't surprise me to see them take an early exit in the playoffs. Kind of like the Mariners last year in baseball.

Hoopsmeister
04-11-2002, 02:37 PM
<< Going from memory, they haven't had any real competition as of late, except for Minnesota, I guess.

The Lakers are the last tough team I can recall and they lost that one. >>

Since the loss to the Lakers and have gone on their current streak, they've played two Western playoff teams (Utah and Minnesota) and only Utah was on the road. They also played the Clippers in their own house. Their road streak does include the win at Utah and a win at Detroit. The only other playoff team in there was Charlotte, but then Charlotte is the only team in the league with a homecourt disadvantage.

MavsFanFinley
04-11-2002, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the info Hoopmeister.

Those are teams you'd expect the Kings to beat anyway, though.

Hoopsmeister
04-11-2002, 07:51 PM
<< Thanks for the info Hoopmeister.

Those are teams you'd expect the Kings to beat anyway, though. >>

Definitely. My point was that Sacramento really hasn't beaten anyone during their streak. It certainly doesn't make them any scarier to me. I think the Mavs take them 3-1 or 4-2 in a series.

Drbio
04-11-2002, 10:29 PM
hence my previous comment...they could easily make an early exit.