PDA

View Full Version : Spurs looked kinda pitiful

raefformvp
12-22-2006, 09:30 PM
tonight against the Rockets losing by almost 20 points. Thanks Rockets! :)

Flacolaco
12-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks Rockets.... but everyone has off nights.

were the rockets really that good? or did the Spurs leave their sh%t at home tonight?

nah-vit-ski
12-22-2006, 09:40 PM
...........With no T-Mac either

Big Shot Rob
12-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Kinda pitiful?

Tonight they sucked!

MavsFanFinley
12-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Pitiful is putting it kindly. They looked pathetic and scared. The Rockets might be good but the Spurs made them look flawless. The Spurs sure didn't look like a team that had won 9 of the last 10.

Only Parker and Ginobli played well. Bonner should get a pass too. Everyone else layed an egg and stunk up the joint.

Keep in mind the Rockets beat the Mavs by 31.

Tokey41
12-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Rockets arent that great, just an off night... happens to everyone. Great for us of course...

nashtymavsfan13
12-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks Rockets, nice to see the Spurs lose.

MavsFanFinley
12-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Good news also is that the Spurs play tomorrow night in New Orleans. I think they're 4-3 on b2b's this year.

nashtymavsfan13
12-23-2006, 01:29 AM
Yeah, and the Jazz are playing a second game of a back to back tomorrow as well. Granted, it's against the Grizzlies, but with Gasol back they've been playing the last couple teams toughly and the Jazz are 3-3 on the second night of back to backs.

It's nice the Mavs finally get some rest, where they are able to get to enjoy their holiday.

shaw-xx
12-23-2006, 01:38 AM
As much as I hate the Rox, the best-case scenario could be neither team won. Like soccer, an even game gives you one point. But now we are No. 1 and that's the best-case scenario. :)

rabbitproof
12-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Losing to a T-Mac-less Rox that fell to Portland, man. Nice.

Yao didn't even go off.

Thespiralgoeson
12-23-2006, 02:47 AM
The Spurs may have had an off night, but this game was no fluke. I said at the beginning of the season that I thought the Rockets would be better than the Spurs this year, and I believe that now as much as ever. The Rockets might finish the season third in the division, but if those two teams meet in the playoffs, my money is on Houston.

Stick a fork in the Spurs. Of course they're still contenders, and still have a shot at the title, but they're just not the intimidating force they were two years ago.

kingmalaki
12-23-2006, 03:03 AM
This was no "fluke" game for Houston. We are 1-5 without T-Mac this season, but the majority of those losses have been close (two close losses to LA, Baron Davis game winner and 2 point loss to Portland). Also, Bonzi finally got out of the doghouse about a week ago and is still playing his way into shape. He had his best game of the season tonight (15 & 7), but he still isn't "there" yet.

The Rockets defend well which keeps them in most games. We may not have a high seed but we still have a solid record, and this is with T-Mac playing like crap, Wells not really playing at all and Snyder being injured. I don't think any team wants to see us in the playoffs.......

Big Shot Rob
12-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Rockets played with guts and were on fire--they could be SA's worst nightmare.

Murphy3
12-23-2006, 08:43 AM
This was no "fluke" game for Houston. We are 1-5 without T-Mac this season, but the majority of those losses have been close (two close losses to LA, Baron Davis game winner and 2 point loss to Portland). Also, Bonzi finally got out of the doghouse about a week ago and is still playing his way into shape. He had his best game of the season tonight (15 & 7), but he still isn't "there" yet.

The Rockets defend well which keeps them in most games. We may not have a high seed but we still have a solid record, and this is with T-Mac playing like crap, Wells not really playing at all and Snyder being injured. I don't think any team wants to see us in the playoffs.......
Umm...no, I can't imagine that anyone wants to go up against Yao Ming... The guy's turned into a stud. Obviously, I'm stating the obvious.

CheezeyBoy22
12-23-2006, 09:04 AM
I don't believe the game was a fluke. Not because im a Rocket fan, but the Spurs have a problem when it comes to defending the paint. The Spurs play their best when Duncan doesn't really have to guard anyone. Since he had to guard Yao, i think it took him right out of his game.

Is it me or does Duncan believe he's fouled on every play?

shaw-xx
12-23-2006, 09:07 AM
The Spurs may have had an off night, but this game was no fluke. I said at the beginning of the season that I thought the Rockets would be better than the Spurs this year, and I believe that now as much as ever. The Rockets might finish the season third in the division, but if those two teams meet in the playoffs, my money is on Houston.

Stick a fork in the Spurs. Of course they're still contenders, and still have a shot at the title, but they're just not the intimidating force they were two years ago.
IDK... Even last year, the Rox also beat Spurs once or twice? But speaking of POs, I see no way the Rox will survive in the series vs. Spurs. Yao, TMac, Battier, Wells... Houston really scared me a lot at the very beginning of the season, but then TMac is down again, Wells hadn't even played, the team goes as far as Yao takes them. But Yao seems not to have enough help. And, they are lack of PO experience which would be fatal. But the Spurs, you know even they aren't tiger anymore, they aren't cat either... BTW, perhaps Houston doesn't need TMac that much anymore. :p

raefformvp
12-23-2006, 09:18 AM

it's not you.

dude1394
12-23-2006, 09:18 AM

It's not you.

dude1394
12-23-2006, 09:20 AM
BTW, perhaps Houston doesn't need TMac that much anymore. :p

If houston had any sense they'd trade him right now for whatever picks they could get. Take a 2 year outlook and make that yao's team. T-mac is done.

aexchange
12-23-2006, 09:53 AM
If houston had any sense they'd trade him right now for whatever picks they could get. Take a 2 year outlook and make that yao's team. T-mac is done.

croshere and stack for tmac?

lol. that notion is so ludicrous i'm laughing as i type this. in any event, tmac when healthy is a top 5 player in the game, i don't think you can go around trading those types of players.

dude1394
12-23-2006, 04:22 PM
croshere and stack for tmac?

lol. that notion is so ludicrous i'm laughing as i type this. in any event, tmac when healthy is a top 5 player in the game, i don't think you can go around trading those types of players.

Why not? Because no one would take him? The rockets future is around Yao, the sooner they move that way the better. If not they'll continue to be mired in pretty-good as T-Mac continues to be unreliable.

mcgradykillsmav
12-23-2006, 05:11 PM
you guys must have forgotten the 31 point beating we gave you november the 4th...

Dirkgreatness
12-23-2006, 05:44 PM
^ You must've forgot the 40 point beating we gave you in the 05 playoffs.

kingmalaki
12-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Why not? Because no one would take him? The rockets future is around Yao, the sooner they move that way the better. If not they'll continue to be mired in pretty-good as T-Mac continues to be unreliable.

A) I don't think anyone would take him and give us anything near .50 on the dollar.

B) To be successful, we don't need T-Mac the "top 5 player" anymore. We just need him to facilitate the offense and hit his shots. Yao is a beast!!!!

The season should be fun.....

dude1394
12-23-2006, 06:08 PM
A) I don't think anyone would take him and give us anything near .50 on the dollar.

B) To be successful, we don't need T-Mac the "top 5 player" anymore. We just need him to facilitate the offense and hit his shots. Yao is a beast!!!!

The season should be fun.....

If successful is making the playoffs and possibly winning a series then you don't need him or his salary. If that is not your definition then hanging on to him is a waste of time.

mcgradykillsmav
12-23-2006, 06:19 PM
you guys must have also forgot how you choked in the 06 playoffs

dude1394
12-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Dipstick troll. Go back to your bedroom, take the copy of Yao from your wall and yank it.

nah-vit-ski
12-23-2006, 07:05 PM

What about the Rockets in the 06 playoffs?

Maybe you better stop talking for a while, Champ.

nashtymavsfan13
12-23-2006, 08:52 PM
The Spurs are certainly looking good tonight up 29 on the Hornets.

shaw-xx
12-23-2006, 09:12 PM
LOL @ mcgradykillsmav, you just remember certain games then forget who's the winner of certain series in the POs? In case, I'll post it for you, "you guys must have forgot once again you are the only team in Texas who hasn't won a title". Lying on the honor list... Gimme a break.

dude1394
12-23-2006, 11:45 PM

You've gone and injured Yao with your trolling. You should be ashamed.

Thespiralgoeson
12-24-2006, 03:04 AM
Jesus, it's not even half way through the season and we already have Rockets trolls... At least the Spurs trolls have the decency to wait until the playoffs are about to start.

dude1394
12-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Jesus, it's not even half way through the season and we already have Rockets trolls... At least the Spurs trolls have the decency to wait until the playoffs are about to start.

They get very excited and want to talk to big brother about it.