PDA

View Full Version : Suns-Wizards

nashtymavsfan13
12-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Suns were down 14 earlier and were able to come all the way back and had a 3 point lead. Arenas drives to the basket with 23.9 seconds left is fouled by Marion and makes the And 1. Tie game, Suns miss a possible game winner three times. Game is heading into OT.

Arenas: 49/2/4
Nash: 36/3/11

nashtymavsfan13
12-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Get the ball into Arenas' hands! C'mon Wizards!

nashtymavsfan13
12-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Sorry, didn't notice their was already a thread (posted at the same time) could a mod merge them?

FINtastic
12-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Damn, Arenas has 51 right now. That's his second 50+ game in the span of about a week. That dude is playing some ridiculous ball right now. Hopefully the Wiz can hold on so the Mavs end the night on top of the West.

Flacolaco
12-23-2006, 12:07 AM
the wiz screwed this up in the 3rd.....

Flacolaco
12-23-2006, 12:08 AM
oh my....but wait

nashtymavsfan13
12-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Nash has shot 13 threes with that miss there, Wiz up 2.

nashtymavsfan13
12-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Wizards up 3, 22.6 seconds to go....

FINtastic
12-23-2006, 12:09 AM
It's times like these that I wish my parents had cable. I imagine this game is on TNT or ESPN, but I can't watch during the Christmas break when I'm at my parents' house.

Flacolaco
12-23-2006, 12:12 AM
STFU Bill Walton.

jezus he is annoying

nashtymavsfan13
It's times like these that I wish my parents had cable. I imagine this game is on TNT or ESPN, but I can't watch during the Christmas break when I'm at my parents' house.

Yeah, ESPN. That's too bad =/

FINtastic
Good, they put Caron on the line, he's been money this season.

FINtastic
12-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Yeah, ESPN. That's too bad =/

Grrrrr, rub it in! ;)

Flacolaco
IM BILL WALTON. I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHAHHGFWHGHWEGH

nashtymavsfan13
Nice, Butler with the clutch FT's! 5 point game!

Flacolaco
game.

nashtymavsfan13
12-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Ballgame, unless the Wizards choke at the line.

nashtymavsfan13
12-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Nashty is good....42-12 and just won't quit.

Flacolaco
12-23-2006, 12:19 AM
Thanks Wiz....you funny guys

nashtymavsfan13
Win streak over, Mavs with the best record in the West :)

Stranger
A couple of things:

1. Watching Bill Walton call a Suns game is absolute torture. "Steve Nash should win the MVP again, the Suns are the best team, if the Suns lose it be because of the snow storm." Just kill me.

2. One of the funniest plays I've seen in a long time came in overtime: Gilbert Arenas is gesturing wildly to his team-mates, directing them all over the court. They are scrambling all over the place. Then he completely ignores them, dribbles a couple of times, and shoots a contested three-pointer. And it banks in!

nashtymavsfan13
What a day, Mavs win, Spurs Jazz and Suns lose :D

Flacolaco
12-23-2006, 12:20 AM
what's funny is it's xmas....i was born in phx, and Im in phx right now(on vacation)....and my relatives all hate me because Im a Suns hater now!! Go mavs!!!!

nuck fash

FINtastic
12-23-2006, 12:22 AM
I love Gilbert Arenas, he's probably my favorite non-maverick right now. That guy has to be the most dangerous guy in the league right now, and he's an absolute goofball.

Flacolaco
12-23-2006, 12:24 AM
I love Gilbert Arenas, he's probably my favorite non-maverick right now. That guy has to be the most dangerous guy in the league right now, and he's an absolute goofball.

and the greatest part is, that just like the Suns....they will NEVER win a conference title playing the kind of ball they do.

what a waste of their time that all is.

rakesh.s
12-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Here's what's wrong with Gilbert -- his style is great in the regular season..just chuck up the incredibly hard shots that you're working on in your hyperbaric chamber at 4 am because you couldn't sleep. They'll go in and it's oo and aa.

Get into a 7 game series, coaches get tape and it's over. That's what happened against Cleveland last year. You can't win with a one man team in the playoffs. Jamison looks like he is done (all those cute flip shots aren't working anymore), and nellie was right - he's a turnstile. Amare destroyed him in the OT period.

FINtastic
12-23-2006, 12:33 AM
and the greatest part is, that just like the Suns....they will NEVER win a conference title playing the kind of ball they do.

what a waste of their time that all is.

Yeah, Washington is one of those teams that is fun to watch from afar but would probably be frustrating to cheer for because I don't think they have the tools in place to do anything other than run-and-gun. Still, they are one of those teams that scares you any time you play them just because they have a guy like Gilbert who can score 40 pretty much at will, as well as two guys like Caron and Antawn who can fill it up as well. Btw, Caron is silently putting up a really nice season for them - averaging something like 20 points and 8 boards.

We'll see on Phoenix. I like to bash their lack of defense as much as anyone, but considering that Amare is looking better every game he plays in, it's hard to totally count them out of the championship picture this year (especially after just going on a 15 game win streak). I'd like to think that Nash finally wears down this year and Amare's knee never quite gets back to the same level, but so far it isn't happening.

dmavs1980
12-23-2006, 12:34 AM
Win streak over, Mavs with the best record in the West :)

Were tied with San Antonio for the best record in the LEAGUE:)

nashtymavsfan13
12-23-2006, 12:35 AM

My mistake :)

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/standings/regularseason/2006/conference

dude1394
12-23-2006, 12:37 AM

Oh no...we's got's the tiebreakers baby. From 0-4 to first. How about that stuff.

Let's put some distance between us and the skirts!!

dmavs1980
12-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Kinda of strange...

From worst team in the league(0-4) to best team in the league(20-7) all in 1 month.

Edit:Once again....we have the longest win streak.

Stranger
12-23-2006, 12:38 AM
I love Gilbert Arenas, he's probably my favorite non-maverick right now.

Mine too. Well, him and Yao Ming.

FINtastic
12-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Right now I'll be happy not to pull a Spurs and lose our next game to the Bobcats. Then we have a showdown of our own against Phoenix. That should be a pretty fun game to watch (I have tickets to that Suns game, btw).

Stranger
12-23-2006, 12:40 AM
My mistake :)

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/standings/regularseason/2006/conference

That's very sweet. Let's stay up there.

Flacolaco
12-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Right now I'll be happy not to pull a Spurs and lose our next game to the Bobcats. Then we have a showdown of our own against Phoenix. That should be a pretty fun game to watch (I have tickets to that Suns game, btw).

lucky bastard, I dont have tickets agian until the 4th vs Indiana

dmavs1980
12-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Cmon New Orleans,Take down the Spurs!!!

dirno2000
12-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Here's what's wrong with Gilbert -- his style is great in the regular season..just chuck up the incredibly hard shots that you're working on in your hyperbaric chamber at 4 am because you couldn't sleep. They'll go in and it's oo and aa.

Get into a 7 game series, coaches get tape and it's over. That's what happened against Cleveland last year. You can't win with a one man team in the playoffs. Jamison looks like he is done (all those cute flip shots aren't working anymore), and nellie was right - he's a turnstile. Amare destroyed him in the OT period.

His style worked fine in the playoffs last year. They lost to Clevland because they played some of the worst defense that I've seen in the playoffs.

Was it game 4 or 5 when they had Clevland down by one and gave up an uncontested layup for the win?

FINtastic
12-23-2006, 12:51 AM
His style worked fine in the playoffs last year. They lost to Clevland because they played some of the worst defense that I've seen in the playoffs.

Was it game 4 or 5 when they had Clevland down by one and gave up an uncontested layup for the win?

Yeah, sadly for Gilbert, I doubt he'll ever get surrounded by the right players in Washington. Washington needs to surround him with some people who can play defense and do the little stuff, but instead they have just surrounded Gilbert with more scoring. People love to bag on Dampier on this board, but Washington would take a guy like Damp over their current center situation any day of the week. And hey if the situation ever came about, I would take the Gilbert in a heartbeat on the Mavs. Heck, his press conferences alone would be worth whatever it took to get him over here. And whether or not he ever gets anywhere in the playoffs, he's just a fun player to have in the league if you ask me.

dirno2000
12-23-2006, 12:55 AM
I love Jamison. He seems like a really good guy but it's hard to be a good defensive team when he's playing 30+ minutes for you.

Flacolaco
12-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Yeah, sadly for Gilbert, I doubt he'll ever get surrounded by the right players in Washington. Washington needs to surround him with some people who can play defense and do the little stuff, but instead they have just surrounded Gilbert with more scoring. People love to bag on Dampier on this board, but Washington would take a guy like Damp over their current center situation any day of the week. Regardless, I would take the Gilbert in a heartbeat on the Mavs. Heck, his press conferences alone would be worth whatever it took to get him over here. And whether or not he ever gets anywhere in the playoffs, he's just a fun player to have in the league if you ask me.

you sure? you sure Arenas won't turn out like AI?

yeah he's great most nights, and incredible sometimes....but the post season comes around and where is he? how does he make his teammates betteR?

FINtastic
12-23-2006, 01:02 AM

yeah he's great most nights, and incredible sometimes....but the post season comes around and where is he? how does he make his teammates betteR?

Honestly, I don't get to watch Gilbert enough to know whether or not he really makes his teammates better. I just think the guy is hilarious every time I read articles about him.

He seems to be a pretty clutch player if the playoffs and tonight are an indicator. But like I said he's just kinda fun to watch from afar.

FINtastic
12-23-2006, 01:03 AM
I love Jamison. He seems like a really good guy but it's hard to be a good defensive team when he's playing 30+ minutes for you.

Yeah, same here. It's hard to rip the dude being a closet UNC fan and all because he does seem like such a good dude, but he's probably not the right fit for that Washington team.

nashtymavsfan13
12-23-2006, 01:26 AM

Me too, I like Jamison a lot. I was sad to see him get traded.

nashtymavsfan13
12-23-2006, 01:28 AM

I don't think Arenas would turn out like AI. He has a different mentality. I think Arenas does what his team needs for them to win. I think he could fit into a team and be a 1b type of guy to our 1a in Dirk.

rabbitproof
12-23-2006, 01:46 AM
Planet Arenas.Zero Hero.Gilberto is my favorite non-Mavericks player in the NBA.

Sit down, PHX!

Thespiralgoeson
12-23-2006, 03:00 AM

Son, give it a rest. Your AI bashing is so uninformed, it's just funny. "post season comes around and where is he?" Uh... You do know that AI took the Sixers to finals in his MVP year, right? And that was after he had one of the most incredible playoff performances in NBA history against the Raptors in the ECF's. "how does he make his teammates betteR?" By carrying their worthless asses, that's how. Honestly, how the fuck is Allen Iverson supposed to make his teammates better if they just flat out suck? "Making teammates better." Give me a break. That, and "defense wins championships" are the two biggest, stupidest myths in the game of basketball. There are only two ways someone can "make their teammates better." You either draw double teams, or you dish out the ball. Allen Iverson does both.