PDA

View Full Version : First T-Mac now Yao

alby
12-23-2006, 11:30 PM
poor houston professional sports fans...

I love it.

alby
12-23-2006, 11:30 PM
HOUSTON -- Yao Ming injured his right knee and left in the first quarter of Houston's game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday night.

Yao was leaping for a blocked shot as Chuck Hayes and Tim Thomas hit the floor beneath him. Yao's knee appeared to get caught under Thomas' body and Yao immediately grabbed his knee and screamed in pain.

Trainer Keith Jones left the Rockets' bench to check on Yao and team doctors joined him. Rockets officials brought out a cart, but Yao limped off the floor, with teammate Bonzi Wells helping him.

The Rockets said Yao suffered a bone bruise and would not return to Saturday's game. His status beyond that was uncertain.

Yao was taken to a hospital for tests.

Yao is off to the best start of his career, averaging 27 points and nine rebounds. He had topped 30 points in four consecutive games before scoring 22 in Friday's 97-78 victory at San Antonio.

The Rockets were already playing without six-time All-Star Tracy McGrady, who sat out for the seventh straight game with back spasms.

ty
12-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Alby is back.

alby
12-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Alby is back.

Greetings

Murphy3
12-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Ever since the news came down, I haven't been able to get the Yao Ming song out of my head.

Drbio
12-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Ever since the news came down, I haven't been able to get Yao Ming out of my bed.

homo

Flacolaco
12-23-2006, 11:54 PM
SportsCenter is reporting 6 weeks now.....

lol silly rockets! :D

alby
12-23-2006, 11:55 PM
6 weeks
fractured bone
right knee

owned.

Flacolaco
12-23-2006, 11:56 PM
I must be a bad person....bc this pleases me

rabbitproof
12-23-2006, 11:56 PM
That sucks.

big_pth
12-23-2006, 11:59 PM
From the Houston Chronicle:
Yao Ming hit the floor, and the Rockets seemed certain to crash, too. For most of the night, they refused.

Moments after Yao was carried off the court in screaming pain with a leg injury, they opened up a lead. As he was taken to Memorial Hermann for an MRI, they pushed the lead to 11 and held off the Los Angeles Clippers through the second half.

(Yao was diagnosed late Saturday with a non-displaced fracture in his right tibia. He will be out at least six weeks.)

Early in the fourth quarter, they were still tied, until finally, with Yao in the hospital and Tracy McGrady missing his seventh game because of back spasms, the Rockets broke down, too, with the Clippers rolling through the second half to take a 98-93 win Saturday before 18,246 at Toyota Center.

On a night in which the Rockets' season seemed to be rolling on the floor, shouting in pain, the Rockets defense eventually broke down, too.

But just as the Rockets were uncertain while they waited for the results of Yao's knee exam, the game too somehow also remained uncertain.

The Clippers led by 14 with three minutes left and by 13 with less that two minutes remaining. But Luther Head hit a 3-pointer, Rafer Alston slipped in a drive and with 41.9 seconds left, Head made 2 of 3 free throws to cut the lead to 95-89.

The Clippers' Shaun Livingston turned the ball over against the Rockets press with Alston scoring on another drive, reducing the lead to 95-91 with 31.4 seconds remaining.

But Clippers guard Daniel Ewing was fouled and made both free throws to take the lead back to six with 25.1 seconds remaining. After a pair of Alston free throws, Ewing made two more to ice it.

Without Yao, the Rockets took their lead to as much as 11 and were still tied, 71-71, minutes into the fourth quarter after a Head three-point play.

But the Clippers had used their size in 6-foot-8 Livingston, 6-6 Corey Maggette and 6-4 Cuttino Mobley to repeatedly post up the small Rockets backcourt and score consistently inside.

When the Rockets send double-team help, Tim Thomas nailed a 3 with 7:37 left for a five-point lead. When they didn't, Elton Brand scored over Chuck Hayes for an 81-74 Los Angeles lead.

The Clippers pushed the lead to nine a minute later when Livingston was fouled inside and made both free throws.

The Rockets briefly cut the lead to six on a Shane Battier 3-pointer. But the Rockets missed their next six shots as the Clippers scored with increasing ease, with the Rockets no longer able to hold off the breakdown that seemed inevitable much earlier.

The Rockets led, 14-12, when Yao went out not quite halfway into the first quarter.

With McGrady already limited to a pregame workout, the bulk of the Rockets offense seemed in the training room.

Then the Rockets surged.

Battier brought more scoring than he has since the Rockets brought him in. He had matched his season-high of 18 points with a drive to a three-point play with 6:58 left in the half. He surpassed it with a running hook before halftime.

Mutombo, who had struggled dramatically on the road trip, played 18 first half minutes, grabbing eight rebounds and blocking four shots. Alston, Head and John Lucas III combined for 17 points, with Head hitting a 3 in the last minute of the half to give the Rockets their largest lead, 48-37.

The Rockets regained their 11-point edge with the first basket of the second half. But that was things began to crater.

The Rockets stopped making the shots they had on Friday and through much of Saturday's first half. While the Clippers went on a 14-3 run to tie the game, 53-53, the Rockets made 1 of 9 shots. They also no longer could do much to slow the Clippers.

While the Rockets began misfiring, the Clippers were hitting shots because they needed to only take the kinds of shots they could hardly miss.

The Clippers made 12 of 16 shots in the third quarter, taking a 69-67 lead. The Rockets made just 7 of their 21 shots in the quarter.

With that, the Rockets had gone from holding a surprising lead through much of the first half to barely hanging on while waiting for test results from Memorial Hermann.

big_pth
12-24-2006, 12:00 AM
I am a fan of the Texans and Astros, but I really hate the Rockettes, and while I don't like to see people hurt, there are several snobby Rockettes fans I work with that will be keeping their mouths shut now I imagine...

wdboy
12-24-2006, 12:01 AM
a bunch of classiless SOBS!

ty
12-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Houston, better luck next...year.

Tokey41
12-24-2006, 12:02 AM
You expect it out of Tmac, but losing Yao? Ouch.

Murphy3
12-24-2006, 12:03 AM
It's really not a nice thing to do around the holidays...you shouldn't take joy in someone's injury.. even if they play for the Rockets..

Now, if they play for the Spurs, are named 'Bron James, Allen Iverson, 'Melo Anthony, or Bin Laden, then it's ok to be joyed by the injury.

big_pth
12-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Yao and McGrady are excellent players, but they have shown themselves to be fragile. The Rockets are a dangerous team when healthy, but they can't stay healthy. Sucks for them, but welcome to the NBA (I remember when Jimmy Jackson's chance at greatness ended with that ankle...it happens)...

Drbio
12-24-2006, 12:12 AM
Would you rather have German engineering or Made in China?

big_pth
12-24-2006, 12:15 AM

Bwahahaha! time for some more reputation for you Doc...As soon as it will let me...

FINtastic
12-24-2006, 12:17 AM
damn, I just traded to get him on one of my fantasy teams too...

nashtymavsfan13
12-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Yao fractures bone under knee, out 6 weeks

December 23, 2006

HOUSTON (AP) -- Yao Ming will miss at least six weeks after fracturing the bone under his right knee in Houston's game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday night.

Yao was leaping for a blocked shot as Chuck Hayes and Tim Thomas hit the floor beneath him. Yao's knee appeared to get caught under Thomas' body and Yao immediately grabbed his knee and screamed in pain.

Yao was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston, where an MRI test revealed a fracture of Yao's right tibial plateau, trainer Keith Jones said.

The Rockets initially said Yao had only suffered a bone bruise. Now, Jones said he hopes the injury will not require surgery.

"It's a non-displaced fracture, so nothing is way out of the way or out of whack," Jones said. "We think he'll do well with just rest. An option would be to do something more, but we're hoping that won't need to be done."

Without Yao, the Rockets lost to the Clippers 98-93.

The injury ruins the best start of Yao's career. He was averaging 27 points and nine rebounds -- both career bests -- and had topped 30 points in four consecutive games before scoring 22 in Friday's 97-78 victory at San Antonio.

The Rockets were already playing without six-time All-Star Tracy McGrady, who sat out for the seventh straight game with back spasms.

The 7-foot-6, 310-pound Yao now faces rehabilitation for the third time in a year. Last December, he underwent surgery for a toe infection and missed 21 games. Last April, he broke his left foot in Utah and missed the final four games of the season.

nashtymavsfan13
12-24-2006, 12:25 AM
I love how in the begining of the season we said that the Rockets would only be contenders if they could stay healthy, but we didn't think they would yet all the Rockets fans were saying their was no reason to think that and that they would be healthy. Now both Yao and Tmac are done with Snyder hurt as well....poor Rockettes.

djb
12-24-2006, 12:32 AM
This is really unfortunate for the Rockets. As much as I dislike the team, you can't help but respect a player like Yao. And for him to be injured like that, especially after carrying his team almost single-handedly throughout this season..

Drbio
12-24-2006, 12:36 AM
There is no doubt that Yao has been really good this year and has carried that team. Although you hate to see it, we have dealt with it ourselves in the past. These things happen and you keep fighting. I hope Yao recovers well but I wish the Rockets nothing but failure....mainly because of their craptacular fan base.

big_pth
12-24-2006, 12:55 AM
There is no doubt that Yao has been really good this year and has carried that team. Although you hate to see it, we have dealt with it ourselves in the past. These things happen and you keep fighting. I hope Yao recovers well but I wish the Rockets nothing but failure....mainly because of their craptacular fan base.

Also, please do not forget their craptacular players, past and present. Yes, I am talking to YOU Bob Sura and Jon Berry and T-mac (despite his boatloads of talent and gimpy back, Tmac is really a prick sometimes on the court).

MavsX
12-24-2006, 12:57 AM

ze germans!

kg_veteran
12-24-2006, 01:24 AM
I hate to see this injury for Yao. He has been having a fantastic year.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 02:57 AM
There is no doubt that Yao has been really good this year and has carried that team. Although you hate to see it, we have dealt with it ourselves in the past. These things happen and you keep fighting. I hope Yao recovers well but I wish the Rockets nothing but failure....mainly because of their craptacular fan base.Huh?

Come again?

Drbio
12-24-2006, 02:59 AM
Got shit in your ears chum?

We have had injuries that our team had to play past. Not necesarily exactly like Yao's but all teams face injuries. It is a part of sports. Get over yourself.

kingmalaki
12-24-2006, 03:11 AM
Damn, this really sucks for us. Yao was playing like one of the top 5 players in the game. I'm happy it's not ligament damage though, and at least this is a good year to be in the lottery if we fail to make the playoffs (looks likely unless T-Mac returns SOON and plays like his old self). If we do go lotto at least we can draft a potential stud to pair with Yao for the future, since he is still fairly young.

And for those cheering the injury...remember karma is a bitch....

kingmalaki
12-24-2006, 03:17 AM
Delete....

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 03:18 AM

We have had injuries that our team had to play past. Not necesarily exactly like Yao's but all teams face injuries. It is a part of sports. Get over yourself.You said we have had to deal with it ourselves in years past. What injuries were you referring to?

rakesh.s
12-24-2006, 03:28 AM
great..now bonzi wells can put up 30 ppg and get that fat contract next year. It worked out perfectly for him.

Drbio
12-24-2006, 03:48 AM
You said we have had to deal with it ourselves in years past. What injuries were you referring to?

Do you not remember Dirk having to miss a couple of playoff games? Ever recall JHo going down? You don't recall rolled ankles and other injuries? I guess since it wasn't Nash you wouldn't have noticed even though the face of our franchise was involved. If you want to be a literal prick fine...we all can see that, but don't make yourself appear ignorant as well. Well...more ignorant. :rolleyes:

fluid.forty.one
12-24-2006, 03:49 AM
I think it's funny that people can be so right on with injury predictions. Everyone was saying that out of all the elite teams, the Rockets weren't "real" because Yao and Tmac would probably get injured. Amazing that those predictions can actually hold some value.

Flacolaco
12-24-2006, 03:50 AM

that sounds messy. :eek:

fluid.forty.one
12-24-2006, 03:58 AM
chum- Jho, Devin Harris, and Stackhouse went down for long stints last year. Sometimes even at the same time as their backups (Quis). The amount of total missed games by our players was pretty large.

None of those players were at the caliber of Yao and Tmac of course, but we don't have a 2nd fiddle as good as Tmac in the first place, so a ton of injuries to our important roleplayers will have to do.

Sometimes being a devils advocate can help spark interesting conversation, and sometimes it can just make you sound like an ass.

Drbio
12-24-2006, 04:01 AM
With chum it is almost exclusively the latter anymore.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 05:18 AM
Still waiting to hear of the Yao-esque injuries we have so valiantly suffered through the last few years.

Big Shot Rob
12-24-2006, 08:27 AM
I remember when Dirk got hurt during the playoffs against the Spurs a few years ago. I am trying to remember if he ever came back to play in the series or not.

Murphy3
12-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Nope... if you're talking about the knee injury that is...
but if you're talking about the time he took the elbow to the mouth and lost a tooth and broke a few more the yeah, he came back less than a minute later.

dude1394
12-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Jho, devin, stackhouse, anyone being out is nothing like if we lost the dirkster for 6+ weeks. We've been blessed that way.

Murphy3
12-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Oh yeah... the Mavs could lose the entire starting lineup over a 2-3 week period except Dirk and it'd hurt less than if everyone else was healthy but Dirk was gone.

Dirk has the ability to step his game up to a God-like level for long stretches of time and carry the team like he did last year when multiple players were hurt at once. But, there's no one on the team that can consistently step his game up to a Dirk-like level for a long stretch if he were to go down...

bernardos70
12-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Until when can you chalk it up to bad luck and not injury-proneness?

rabbitproof
12-24-2006, 02:18 PM
God-like level?

bernardos70
12-24-2006, 02:30 PM
You've never played Unreal Tournament, have you...... Dirk usually goes on Rampage when the team is without other key players, and gets several Monster-Kills while in that state.

Drbio
12-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Still waiting to hear of the Yao-esque injuries we have so valiantly suffered through the last few years.

Still waiting for you to stop being an ass but I guess that will be a long wait. I very clearly above (and you even quoted the post but are too ignorant to read it I guess) that our injuries were not necessarily the severity of Yao's however we have had ourt fair share (like many teams) of injuries. JHo, Dirk, etc. But if you want to continue to look ignorant to the masses please go ahead and make some other dipshit followup post. It's all you have in your bag anymore.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 04:17 PM
There is no doubt that Yao has been really good this year and has carried that team. Although you hate to see it, we have dealt with it ourselves in the past. .

nashtymavsfan13
12-24-2006, 04:17 PM
And for those cheering the injury...remember karma is a bitch....

I don't think anyone is cheering the injury. We all want the Rockets to do badly, but for the most part no one wishes injuries to players.

Drbio
12-24-2006, 04:25 PM

We have had injuries that our team had to play past. Not necesarily exactly like Yao's but all teams face injuries. It is a part of sports. Get over yourself.

But let's not facts get in the way of a lame chum schtickfest.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Schtick? I'm still trying to figure out what in the hell you were talking about!

Drbio
12-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Being Coy?....more schtick. It was very clear to everyone what I was talking about. You only need to read a few posts down from that original post to see it. You want to clutter up the board again by trying to start crap......but alas...it is merely schtick and thus not worth it. If you are too stupid to understand that all teams eventually deal with injuries that is your deficiency.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 05:32 PM
If I wanted to clutter up the board by trying to start crap, I would say, "Be careful, Doc will be around any minute to raid your bunghole." Kinda in the mode that you employ all over the board.

For now we will just to have accept, I suppose, Doc's proclamation that injuries to Stackhouse equal injuries to Yao.

Drbio
12-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Wow. You have an amazing commitment to stupidity. Your ability to ignore the obvious is baffling.

Stuck on Stupid is chums mantra.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Why do you just keep repeating the same thing instead of responding to points?

Drbio
12-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Oh brother :rolleyes:

Why do insist on ignoring obvious fact and being an ass is the question.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 06:24 PM
What obvious fact????

Man, I don't know what you are drinking, but it's obviously strong.

dude1394
12-24-2006, 06:26 PM
checking.....out.........of.........a......nother. ...th.....zzzzzzzzzzz

Drbio
12-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Don't worry dude....it's all he has in his bag.

fluid.forty.one
12-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Chum remember having to play quis, powell and marshall last year? That was due to injuries. Remember Josh going down? Remember Devin going down? Remember Stack going down? Those are called "Injuries". Say it with me. In-jur-ies.

I don't think DrBio was trying to say any of those players were Yao caliber, and if he did I'm sure he mistyped. Either way, we have had to deal with Injuries to key players in our system.

And if you really think about it, we've had it worse (timing wise) than houston. It's not like houston could make it past the first round regardless, but we were in the WCF not too long ago when our star German went down for the series. Good ole' fin, nash, and the genius don couldn't put away the spurs without dirk. Who knows what would have happened if Dirk didn't get injured. Maybe we go to the finals, and if so we would have won that year.

Talk about an injury to a star player at a bad time!

Oh but Dallas fans know nothing about injury.

Drbio
12-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Don't appease that retard 41. There was no mistype at all. I'm not sure how I could have been more clear. I was very clear that our injuries were not similar to Yao's. If chum desires to ignore the FACT that all teams have to deal with injuries and that we have had injuries in the past to deal with (i.e. JHo, Dirk, Quis, others) then it his him jsut being a moron again. Even chum posted the quote where I was clear about Yao but he only desires to ignore it and create schtick and clutter where none should exist.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 07:27 PM
The Mavs have been remarkably healthy over the years, except for Dirk being injured in the WCF in 2003.

God bless us if we ever have to go six weeks without our best player. I don't think a couple of you guys realize just how bad that would be.

nashtymavsfan13
12-24-2006, 07:57 PM
The Mavs have been remarkably healthy over the years, except for Dirk being injured in the WCF in 2003.

God bless us if we ever have to go six weeks without our best player. I don't think a couple of you guys realize just how bad that would be.

Yet we had key players injured all throughout the season until the very end of it? Check out our injuries last year:

Howard, 23 games
Devin Harris, 26 games
Stack, 27 games
Quis, 20 games
Dirk, half a game as well as many rolled ankles and being hit in the face
KVH also missed about 5-10 games

There was a reason we had Rawle Marshall and Josh Powell played 20+ games....

So yes, Yao is out for 6 weeks and we haven't had Dirk out that long, but we had key players out all throughout the seaosn last year. And yes, we realize how bad it would be if Dirk went down for 6 weeks and we are lucky he hasn't been.

fluid.forty.one
12-24-2006, 08:32 PM
I think Nashty gets it.

Drbio
12-24-2006, 09:24 PM
At this point folks we should ignore the troll. It's clear his motive is not to contribute but clutter. All these open and obvious facts are being intentionally ignored. It's the only rational explanation.

nashtymavsfan13
12-24-2006, 09:28 PM
I think Nashty gets it.

Of course, everybody does. Too bad chum is choosing to ignore it.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Get your heads out of the sand. Losing Yao for thirty games is like losing Dirk for thirty games. We haven't experienced that.

Drbio
12-24-2006, 10:07 PM
I think the troll needs to go back and read the thread very sloooooowly.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 10:11 PM
There is no doubt that Yao has been really good this year and has carried that team. Although you hate to see it, we have dealt with it ourselves in the past..

fluid.forty.one
12-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Don Nelson will never get to the NBA finals.

dude1394
12-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Steve Nash will never get to the NBA finals.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Dirk Nowtizki will never win an NBA Finals.

YOWZA!!

Drbio
12-24-2006, 10:38 PM

YOWZA!!

The trolls true colors come through bright and clear for all to see.

chumdawg
12-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Even when you snark you are still unperceptive.

Raise it up a couple notches, boy.

Drbio
12-24-2006, 10:51 PM
It really is sad to see how far the ignorata (chum) have fallen.

nashtymavsfan13
12-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Get your heads out of the sand. Losing Yao for thirty games is like losing Dirk for thirty games. We haven't experienced that.

Doc wasn't saying that. He said injuries are part of sports and that we have dealt with injuries in the past. It wasn't to the magnitude of losing Yao for 6 weeks, but we have had our share of injuries. It isn't a common thing that a team loses their best player for 6 weeks, so to say since Dirk has been out that long our team has been pretty injury free is just ignorant.

nashtymavsfan13
12-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Steve Nash will never get to the NBA finals.

I think he very well could.

nashtymavsfan13
12-24-2006, 11:55 PM

YOWZA!!

So, seriously, are you a Mavs fan?

chumdawg
12-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Doc wasn't saying that. He said injuries are part of sports and that we have dealt with injuries in the past. It wasn't to the magnitude of losing Yao for 6 weeks, but we have had our share of injuries. It isn't a common thing that a team loses their best player for 6 weeks, so to say since Dirk has been out that long our team has been pretty injury free is just ignorant.It isn't common to lose your best player for six weeks?

No kidding.

So why did Bio say that we have dealt with that same thing in the past?

If we lost Dirk for six weeks, we would be lucky to win one third of our games.

Drbio
12-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Please don't feed the troll.

ilMavvento
12-25-2006, 12:11 AM
That's too bad about Yao, you hope to beat out other teams on an even playing field. I was just thinking about the Lakers-Rockets game a week ago that went into overtime....it's pretty special when you have 2 superstars who can carry their teams playing at or near the top of their abilities head-to-head.

nashtymavsfan13
12-25-2006, 01:17 AM
It isn't common to lose your best player for six weeks?

No kidding.

So why did Bio say that we have dealt with that same thing in the past?

If we lost Dirk for six weeks, we would be lucky to win one third of our games.

Did you even read his post or mine? He was saying we have had injuries in the past, and plenty of them. We've dealt with injuries. It's unfortunate Yao got hurt, but all teams have injuries, and we've had them too. Unfortunatley for the Rockets, their best player got injured.

fluid.forty.one
12-25-2006, 01:52 AM

YOWZA!!

Hmm you know chum.. trolling isn't very affective when it's too obvious that you don't actually believe what you post.

fluid.forty.one
12-25-2006, 01:54 AM
And for the record I'm going to be a dick and "quote" that once Dirk wins. Feel free to do the same to my post if Nelson ever wins with his no-defense gimmick, but I'm pretty confident that I have nothing to worry about.

Gimmicks have no place on the basketball court as well as on a respectable forum. Makes you look dumb either way. But hey, at least you're like your idol.

dude1394
12-25-2006, 01:55 AM
Trolls don't make much sense. Neither has chum for at least a week now. I'm afraid he's suffering from a severe holiday depression and psychosis.

chumdawg
12-25-2006, 02:19 AM
Did you even read his post or mine? He was saying we have had injuries in the past, and plenty of them. We've dealt with injuries. It's unfortunate Yao got hurt, but all teams have injuries, and we've had them too. Unfortunatley for the Rockets, their best player got injured.We have NOT dealt with injuries the likes of which Houston is getting ready to deal with. We haven't even dealt with injuries the likes of which San Antonio dealt with last year.

We have NOT. We just have not.

Thank the lord of all that is good and righteous (and knock on wood), but Dirk has been healthy his whole time here.

To dismiss Yao's injury as--oh, ho hum, every team gets injured--is simply to display a remarkable lack of understanding of what makes for a good basketball season.

Drbio
12-25-2006, 02:24 AM
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/images3.deviantart.com/i/2004/111/0/e/Don__t_feed_the_Troll.jpg

fluid.forty.one
12-25-2006, 02:38 AM
Thank the lord of all that is good and righteous (and knock on wood), but Dirk has been healthy his whole time here.

Who cares? According to you, we will never win one as long as Dirk as here.

Maybe you're rooting for a Dirk injury? Hopefully thats bannable.

chumdawg
12-25-2006, 02:41 AM
Who cares? According to you, we will never win one as long as Dirk as here.

Maybe you're rooting for a Dirk injury? Hopefully thats bannable.Don't tell me you are that slow.

fluid.forty.one
12-25-2006, 02:55 AM
I could say the same to you for the response you just gave.

chumdawg
12-25-2006, 02:59 AM
Come again?

fluid.forty.one
12-25-2006, 03:02 AM
Meaning you think I'm slow for not picking up on trolling statements and other schtick devices, yet you can't pick up mine.

chumdawg
12-25-2006, 03:05 AM
What did you think the "YOWZA" meant?

It's growing tiresome, having to spell things out for you guys.

fluid.forty.one
12-25-2006, 03:12 AM
Chum if I thought you honestly believed that, I would have caused a lot more of a "ruckus".

I will still quote your statement when we win the finals, but that's just because I'm a big dick.

Funny thing though that I probably am right about Nelson never making the finals.

chumdawg
12-25-2006, 03:28 AM
Yeah, you are probably right. But his boy got this team there. I'm sure you wouldn't argue that.

rabbitproof
12-25-2006, 04:11 AM
Dallas has had to go through its share of injuries to Harris, Howard, Stackhouse and a few here and there to Dirk and JET. Nothing like Houston though. Still, to accomplish what we have with what we've faced is rather remarkable.

All in all, it's quite a testament to our players' conditioning, team makeup, the system and luck.

But as The Wolf says, let's not starting suck our dicks yet. The season is long and we have much to do and much can happen...

So to summarize, sorry to see Yao down, hope he comes back bigger and better then ever but NBA life rolls on.. and go Mavs!

Drbio
12-25-2006, 04:24 AM
rabbitproof "gets it".

dude1394
12-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Yeah, you are probably right. But his boy got this team there. I'm sure you wouldn't argue that.

Which "boy"...Dirk or AJ. If you mean AJ it appears he's more Pops boy than nellies.

If dirk, we'll...I have to get some more credit to AJ as well since Nellie had lost dirk his last year.

nashtymavsfan13
12-25-2006, 12:40 PM
We have NOT dealt with injuries the likes of which Houston is getting ready to deal with. We haven't even dealt with injuries the likes of which San Antonio dealt with last year.

We have NOT. We just have not.

To dismiss Yao's injury as--oh, ho hum, every team gets injured--is simply to display a remarkable lack of understanding of what makes for a good basketball season.

We had injuries to Harris (key player), Howard (second best player), Stack (for almost half the season, key player), Quis, and KVH. Dirk (rolled ankles, back strain) and Terry (thumb injury) also had injuries, but they played through them. Jho also had a thumb/hand injury that was arguably one of the reasons we lost the Finals. Now I'm not saying Yao should/can play through this injury, because that's just dumb, but I'm saying that we've had plenty of injuries to our key players for long periods of time and that injuries happen.

fluid.forty.one
12-25-2006, 02:52 PM

I appreciate it.

But if you really want to go that route, I think you have some credit and thanks to give to Cuban as well for that and other reasons.

chumdawg
12-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Which "boy"...Dirk or AJ. If you mean AJ it appears he's more Pops boy than nellies.

If dirk, we'll...I have to get some more credit to AJ as well since Nellie had lost dirk his last year.I was talking about Dirk. And my guess is that Dirk himself would give Nellie great credit for his development as a player.

The Crippler
12-25-2006, 04:31 PM
What did you think the "YOWZA" meant?

It's growing tiresome, having to spell things out for you guys.

edited...then don't come back.

was pissed off earlier, now i'm not...

The Crippler
12-25-2006, 04:32 PM
merry Christmas

Drbio
12-25-2006, 04:36 PM
I love Crippler. Oh yeah...I said it.

tmac1yao11
12-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Just hope somehow we can stay around .500 until we can get some help. Bonzi is going to need to be playoff Bonzi against San Antonio.

alby
12-25-2006, 06:05 PM
even with a healthy yao and tmac, they are the 4th best team in the west (at best) so who cares

go mavs.

dude1394
12-25-2006, 07:19 PM
I was talking about Dirk. And my guess is that Dirk himself would give Nellie great credit for his development as a player.

But I expect Dirk would give AJ most of the credit (and cubes as he has) for getting them to the finals.

Drbio
12-25-2006, 08:03 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/nashsafety.jpg

The Nellie nuthugging safety kit is currently out of stock.

Dirkgreatness
12-25-2006, 08:39 PM
OoOoo look, they're talking about us. lol

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=122208

Drbio
12-25-2006, 08:40 PM
OoOoo look, they're talking about us. lol

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=122208

bookit showed me this the other day. Houston fans can only find safe haven in flocks with other ignorant dopes in that bastion of stupidity chokecity.com ;)

dude1394
12-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Rockettes always worry about what their big brother is saying about them.

Drbio
12-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Same thing with chumdork.

fluid.forty.one
12-25-2006, 09:56 PM
That clutchfans thread made me laugh

Flacolaco
12-25-2006, 10:12 PM
lol that is very entertaining.

whatever helps lessen the hurt while watching your team fall in the standings for the next 6 weeks, you poor Rockets fans.

nashtymavsfan13
12-26-2006, 02:46 AM
Yao Ming: Could Be Out Two Months

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Monday, December 25, 2006

Update: When the Rockets announced Saturday that center Yao Ming would be out for a minimum of six weeks because of a fractured right tibia, the six weeks referred to the time Yao would be out before he could be cleared to start preparing to play, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: Though he will be permitted to work out in the training pool during the six weeks, how long it will take to be able to play will depend on how much muscle atrophy occurs and how much strength and conditioning he loses. In other words, we might be looking at eight or nine weeks before Yao is able to play 35-minutes per game again.

FINtastic
12-26-2006, 03:13 AM
Ugh this sucks for my fantasy team. I was just starting to get some momentum going, but I'm pretty sure this kills all that.

RePLAY
12-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Ugh this sucks for my fantasy team. I was just starting to get some momentum going, but I'm pretty sure this kills all that.

I had T-Mac, Yao, Carmello and JR Smith...there goes my season. :(

nashtymavsfan13
12-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Well, Tmac's playing today.

fluid.forty.one
12-26-2006, 08:40 PM
T-mac is tearing it up

nashtymavsfan13
12-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Rockettes are still gonna lose.

fluid.forty.one
12-26-2006, 09:15 PM
hope so

nashtymavsfan13
12-26-2006, 09:16 PM
It really is a pathetic game by both teams, right now it's 74-73 Pacers with 1:30 left

Tmac has 19 points on 7-20 shooting ouch....

nashtymavsfan13
12-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Game. 81-76 Pacers

Tmac with 19 points on 7-22 shooting and 7 TO's

Drbio
12-26-2006, 11:52 PM
I guess the stop over in Waco was good for TMac.

Flacolaco
12-27-2006, 12:06 AM
76 points.... the Rockets know they play in the western conference right?

antoinewalker
12-30-2006, 12:23 AM
damn, tmac scored 31 points in just 28 minutes tonight on 13/18 shooting, 4/6 from the 3-point line. he looked pretty healthy tonight. let's see if he can keep this up.

Drbio
12-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Waco water has special healing properties.

MavsMandy
12-30-2006, 03:52 AM
highland park water is pretty crappy though. or so i hear.

Thespiralgoeson
12-30-2006, 07:11 AM
highland park water is pretty crappy though. or so i hear.

You know, I was about to bring that up, but I decided not to. Now I wish I had.

tmac1yao11
12-31-2006, 11:40 PM
damn, tmac scored 31 points in just 28 minutes tonight on 13/18 shooting, 4/6 from the 3-point line. he looked pretty healthy tonight. let's see if he can keep this up.

38 tonight against Memphis on 50%. We shall see.....

Drbio
12-31-2006, 11:46 PM
LOL@Mandy and spiral.....I missed that until now. Hilarious!

I'm telling you all right now....Waco water is a magical well kept secret. It has helped everyone who drinks it play better basketball. Well....everyone but kg_veteran....but he tries real hard. ;)

FINtastic
01-01-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm telling you all right now....Waco water is a magical well kept secret. It has helped everyone who drinks it play better basketball. Well....everyone but kg_veteran....but he tries real hard. ;)

Maybe the Baylor team needs to start drinking it then. ;)

nashtymavsfan13
01-01-2007, 12:43 AM

Ouch....:p

Drbio
01-01-2007, 01:12 AM

Hey now.....;)

FINtastic
01-01-2007, 01:14 AM
I kid! I kid!

antoinewalker
01-01-2007, 04:16 AM
tmac dropped 38 points against memphis tonight! he shot 15/30 from the field and 5/8 from the 3-point line. it looks like his back is just fine for now.

EricaLubarsky
01-01-2007, 05:41 AM
Hey its Antoine "less-than40%FG, 22%-3pt-shooter-stillturnsitoverbutnowdoesntrebound" Walker! How's the ring feel? I mean I would personally be ashamed of getting a ring I didn't deserve, but thats how Wade feels. You rode Wade, who in turn rode the refs to the championship. How does that feel man? Anyway, its always good to get NBA players on the site. Hope the weather is nice there in Miami. It's been chili out west even though the teams out here are better almost by virtue of where they are.

antoinewalker
01-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey its Antoine "less-than40%FG, 22%-3pt-shooter-stillturnsitoverbutnowdoesntrebound" Walker! How's the ring feel? I mean I would personally be ashamed of getting a ring I didn't deserve, but thats how Wade feels. You rode Wade, who in turn rode the refs to the championship. How does that feel man? Anyway, its always good to get NBA players on the site. Hope the weather is nice there in Miami. It's been chili out west even though the teams out here are better almost by virtue of where they are.wow, what's with all the hostility? what'd i do? you sure show a lot of class.

anyway, the ring feels great. maybe you guys will eventually win one. you guys are looking pretty good this year. perhaps this is your year? good luck.

dude1394
01-01-2007, 06:03 PM
wow, what's with all the hostility? what'd i do? you sure show a lot of class.

anyway, the ring feels great. maybe you guys will eventually win one. you guys are looking pretty good this year. perhaps this is your year? good luck.

Talk about class "antoinewalker", bullcrap. Try coming on here are Salvatore or DianeWade and see what you get.

bernardos70
01-01-2007, 06:03 PM
The ignore list continues to grow.....

antoinewalker
01-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Talk about class "antoinewalker", bullcrap. Try coming on here are Salvatore or DianeWade and see what you get.lol, if something as measly as a screen name on an internet forum is enough to bother you, you need to grow some thicker skin. keep in mind i never said anything to knock on the mavericks. i simply made a comment about tmac's performance in his last game.

dude1394
01-01-2007, 11:50 PM
lol, if something as measly as a screen name on an internet forum is enough to bother you, you need to grow some thicker skin. keep in mind i never said anything to knock on the mavericks. i simply made a comment about tmac's performance in his last game.

Then quit being such a little bitch when someone gives you a little ribbing.

TheDiggler
01-03-2007, 10:44 AM
6 weeks
fractured bone
right knee

owned.

low class trash

alby
01-04-2007, 11:04 AM
tmac has quietly been on a pretty good tear and the rockets are winning

4 in a row

damnit.

antoinewalker
01-04-2007, 11:56 AM
in his last 5 games, tmac has averaged 27.2 points, 4.4 rebounds, 4.4 assists, and is shooting 46.7% from the field.

Drbio
01-04-2007, 12:07 PM
2 Things.....

1. alby is hardly low class trash. Check yourself.
2. antoinewalker is NOT MightyToine. Perhaps we were too fast to place MightyToine's reputation on him. Let's give him a shot and see how it goes.

The kinder gentler Doc....

:)

dalmations202
01-04-2007, 12:19 PM
2 Things.....

1. alby is hardly low class trash. Check yourself.
2. antoinewalker is NOT MightyToine. Perhaps we were too fast to place MightyToine's reputation on him. Let's give him a shot and see how it goes.

The kinder gentler Doc....

:)
Mods, someone is posting under Docs name again. You might want to close this thread and look into it......... ;)

Drbio
01-04-2007, 05:56 PM
I love dalm. I really do.

alby
01-06-2007, 06:58 AM
tmac with 44 tonight in a big win over the utah jazz

5 straight for those losers down in houston...

tmac1yao11
01-06-2007, 09:34 AM
tmac with 44 tonight in a big win over the utah jazz

5 straight for those losers down in houston...

Not too bad for a team that was being counted it with Tmac going down earlier and now with Yao going out for 6 weeks. Tmac is starting look "Mactactular". Course it pales in comparison to the 13 game winning streak that Dallas is on but hey if we can play .500 ball till Yao gets back I will be happy.

alby
01-06-2007, 11:24 AM
what it comes down to

redirkulous > mactacular

:P

dude1394
01-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Utah really seeems to be having some issues fading right about now. They are 6-4 like the spurts ar.....oopss...make that 5-5 for the spurts.

antoinewalker
01-06-2007, 02:20 PM
is tmac going to get western conference player of the week? the rockets have gone 3-0 this week with tmac averaging 37.7 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists in that span.

Drbio
01-06-2007, 04:36 PM
He certainly makes a good case.

antoinewalker
01-06-2007, 05:17 PM
i haven't really been keeping up with anyone else in the western conference though. has anyone else been putting up good numbers this week?

kriD
01-13-2007, 04:44 AM
ROCKETS NOTES

Yao won't play in All-Star Game

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

Though the timing had seemed clear since Yao Ming was hurt Dec. 23, Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy made the team's most definitive statement so far on Yao's chances of playing in the Feb. 18 All-Star Game, ruling Yao out.

"It's going to be a long time," Van Gundy said. "To put a timetable on it wouldn't be fair to him or to us. You won't see him there (in Las Vegas.)"

Yao is not scheduled to begin "active rehab," on-court workouts, until the All-Star weekend.
(...)

Windmill360
01-13-2007, 05:28 PM
so who's going to take his place?

fluid.forty.one
01-13-2007, 06:09 PM
ALL STAR ERIC DAMPIER

kriD
01-13-2007, 06:24 PM
^

aexchange
01-13-2007, 08:05 PM
ALL STAR ERIC DAMPIER

LOLOLOLOL.

dude1394
01-13-2007, 11:27 PM
LOLOLOLOL.

Wonder if DarthApe will soil himself. Ha...

tmac1yao11
01-14-2007, 01:13 AM
poor houston professional sports fans...

I love it.

Hey looks like we are treading water and 9-2 since Yao went out. thank God that Tmac has been holding up and playing at the superstar level. Next up: Dallas. Right now without the big fella I just want to be competitive with you guys. If we can somehow hang around in the 4th we will have a chance.

Dallas next and then Phoenix after that. I would be ecstatic with a split. Good thing though is that we still have a great shot at the playoffs and that is all I want because when we get there I like my chances against anyone. We just need to get in.

antoinewalker
01-14-2007, 04:01 AM
so who's going to take his place?

DIKEMBE MUTOMBO. lol, that guy has suddenly found the fountain of youth. he's been on a tear as of late.