PDA

View Full Version : Diane Wade left tonights game with a sprained wrist

fluid.forty.one
12-27-2006, 10:26 PM
and did not return.

Good. Probably the only player in the league that I actually wish injury upon, and not just because the heat beat us in the finals. I hate him more than I've ever hated an athelete before, in any sport.

But I'm sure he'll be back next game, so they can replay his "fall 7, get up 8" clips.. even though they make absolutly no sense at all.

birdsanctuary
12-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Maybe he'll stop all that phony falling crap, finallly what comes around goes around...

dude1394
12-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Are you sure it wasn't a flop-trip to the infirmary?

Flacolaco
12-27-2006, 11:37 PM
hes just setting the stage for his next great comeback

dude1394
12-28-2006, 01:34 AM
Lakersground has a new name. D-Fake...

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=34510

FINtastic
12-28-2006, 01:40 AM
Folks, has there been any player, nay human, whose struggles versus injury, nay human mortality, each and every night have inspired the soul quite like Dwyane Wade? I guess when it comes right down to it, what Dwyane Wade makes you do is feel - feel what it's like to be alive.

dude1394
12-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Folks, has there been any player, nay human, whose struggles versus injury, nay human mortality, each and every night have inspired the soul quite like Dwyane Wade? I guess when it comes right down to it, what Dwyane Wade makes you do is feel - feel what it's like to be alive.

It is awe-inspiring. It reminds me a lot of this great athelete holding his broken arm.

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/d/Dangerfield/update/caddyshack.jpg

nashtymavsfan13
12-28-2006, 02:37 AM
Good.

D-Fake can suck it.

chumdawg
12-28-2006, 02:43 AM
Fall seven times, get up six.

fluid.forty.one
12-28-2006, 03:20 AM
Fall seven times, get up six.

I wish

Dirkgreatness
12-28-2006, 06:21 AM
D-Fake is such as wuss. Watch the next game he plays in scoring 30 points and ESPN being all over it! :mad:

Dr.Zoidberg
12-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Drama-Queen. She is no Dirk and desperately needs the compassion of the media and the refs to play good! Thatīll do it.

MavsX
12-28-2006, 07:14 AM
d-wade..can suck.....deeeeeeeeezz nutz!

MFFL
12-28-2006, 07:26 AM
When your wrist is as limp as Wade's, you hurt it more often.

dirt_dobber
12-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Gordon registers career-high 40 as Bulls beat up Heat
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=261227004

CHICAGO (AP) -- After beating each other up in the 2006 playoffs, the Bulls and Heat have carried their fierce rivalry into this season.

Ben Gordon scored a career-high 40 points off the bench to lead Chicago to a 109-103 victory Wednesday night over the short-handed Miami Heat, who lost Dwyane Wade to a sprained wrist in the first quarter.

Andres Nocioni added 16 for Chicago, which recovered after blowing a 20-point lead. The Bulls have won 14 of 17 overall and are 12-3 in December.

The Heat played most of the game without Wade, who injured his right wrist midway through the first. It appeared he got hurt coming off a screen while covering Kirk Hinrich.

Miami coach Pat Riley blamed Hinrich for Wade's injury.

"Hinrich pulled his hand. Hinrich grabbed his hand, which he does all of the time," Riley said. "That's what he does anytime Dwyane comes off screens. They always either grab his shirt or hand. It's a little bit of a tactic down below the body. The officials can't see it. So he had Dwyane's hand and tried to pull it out of there."

Wade initially stayed in the game, but came out after the next timeout. He went to the locker room for X-rays, which were negative, and didn't return. He was to have an MRI on Thursday.

Wade had an injury to his right wrist this summer.

"It felt like my wrist got pulled out of place. It's pretty painful. It feels like it got yanked out of the socket. I don't have any strength in it. I knew I was done," said Wade, who left the arena with his wrist wrapped.

Wade, from suburban Chicago, has had very little luck back home. He came in averaging just 13.8 points in six regular-season games at the United Center.

Gordon didn't appreciate Riley's comments after the game, especially since Heat forward James Posey was ejected for taking down Luol Deng from behind in the fourth quarter.

"I heard him saying something about Kirk. Posey's was way more blatant. I don't think Kirk did anything. He was just playing aggressive defense. Kirk didn't do anything dirty. I don't appreciate him taking shots at our guys," Gordon said.

Posey also knocked down Hinrich in the playoffs last season and was suspended for one game.

Chicago, coming off a two-point loss in Minnesota on Tuesday night, took a 97-96 lead when Ben Wallace hit a free throw with 2:49 left. After Wallace missed two foul shots badly, he stole a pass and found Gordon for a layup to make it 99-96.

Udonis Haslem came back for Miami with a tip, and Jason Williams hit a jumper to give the Heat a 100-99 lead with 1:26 left.

Then, Gordon and the Bulls finally took control. Gordon, off balance and hit hard in the lane, converted a three-point play for a 102-100 lead. Jason Kapono missed a long 3-pointer and Tyrus Thomas was fouled on the other end. He made two free throws to make it 104-100 with 24.5 seconds left.

"We're confident. I think in the past, we would've lost a game like that. It's good to get a win on an ugly game that will help us as the season continues," Gordon said.

Williams scored 28 points for Miami, and Kapono had 18. Dorell Wright added 17, and Haslem finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds.

Hinrich had 14 points and five assists for Chicago. Wallace added nine points and 11 rebounds.

The Heat came all the way back from a 20-point deficit and took an 87-85 lead on Williams' 3-pointer with 7:54 left.

Gordon came back with a jumper and Deng had what looked to be an easy dunk for the Bulls, but he was taken down by Posey, who was ejected immediately.

Deng stayed in the game after laying on the floor for a few minutes holding his sprained right wrist. He hit one of two free throws to give Chicago an 88-87 lead with 7:16 remaining.

Posey was called for a flagrant foul, and Haslem and Hinrich were issued technical fouls for jawing at each other after the play.

At first, the Heat looked lost without Wade, who was coming off a dazzling performance against the Lakers on Christmas. Chicago outscored Miami 17-2 to start the second quarter, taking a 41-23 lead. Gordon scored 15 points in the period on 5-of-8 shooting.

Miami came back in the third and got within four late in the quarter. Michael Doleac hit a jumper and Kapono followed with a 3 to pull to 70-66 with 2:54 left.

Early in the fourth, Chris Quinn hit a 3 to get the Heat to 80-78. Williams then made three straight 3s, giving the Heat an 87-85 lead with 7:55 to go.

Game notes
Deng finished with eight points and 11 rebounds. Thomas had 10 points. ... Chicago outrebounded Miami 45-39.

dirt_dobber
12-28-2006, 09:33 AM
"""Miami coach Pat Riley blamed Hinrich for Wade's injury"""

Riley is full of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"""Gordon didn't appreciate Riley's comments after the game, especially since Heat forward James Posey was ejected for taking down Luol Deng from behind in the fourth quarter."""

Posey should be fined and suspended if this is true.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heat = no class.

Nash13
12-28-2006, 10:01 AM
"Hinrich pulled his hand. Hinrich grabbed his hand, which he does all of the time," Riley said. "That's what he does anytime Dwyane comes off screens. They always either grab his shirt or hand. It's a little bit of a tactic down below the body. The officials can't see it. So he had Dwyane's hand and tried to pull it out of there."

Am i the only one who finds it funny Riley's calling out another team's dirty play. I didn't see the play, but i guarantee Wade flopped, which caused the pain in his wrist.

Flacolaco
12-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Sounds to me like these teams need to play more games against eachother

Just211
12-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Hinrich must have some strong hands, to just reach out, and pull someones hand out of socket.

Dirkadirkastan
12-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Am i the only one who finds it funny Riley's calling out another team's dirty play. I didn't see the play, but i guarantee Wade flopped, which caused the pain in his wrist.

It didn't look like anything happened. He just ran through a screen and came out clutching his arm. I'm surprised none of the refs, upon seeing poor Wade with such a sad look on his face, didn't immediately cry "Foul! On somebody!"

After Dirk sprained his ankle, which actually looked pretty serious, he returned two days later and scored 20 points. Who here thinks D-Lame will do the same?

bernardos70
12-28-2006, 11:27 AM
He went to the locker room for X-rays, which were negative

Damn....

Drbio
12-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Lakers fans have no room to call hi D-fake until they start calling their own drama queen showbe or somesuch...but I do like D-Fake.

RePLAY
12-28-2006, 01:18 PM
We all know NoDwade is faking it for his heroic 40 pt game when he comesback.

Kobe actually gets mobbed when he goes in, but DianeWade hits the floor harder than he hits the oppsing player....and this usually after doing his spin move + the 2 extra steps.

purplefrog
12-28-2006, 01:28 PM
I don't think I have ever felt this way about any player in any sport, but..... I hope when we play the Heat D-fake gets hammered by Damp - a legal hit of course - just one hard foul. Let's see if he gets up after that. I don't want to see him get permanently disabled or not even factually (as opposed to fictionally) injured...... but if the refs are going to call fouls no matter what let's make'em count. Make Wade afraid... very afraid, and give Riley something to really talk about. How unsportsmanlike of me.. I'm so ashamed....

Getting back to Diane...someone needs to start a new statistic - number of "injuries" following a flop. I am sooooo sick of his supposed injuries and miraculous comebacks.

dude1394
12-28-2006, 01:34 PM
I just want to see wade get the same elbows to the jaw that dirk took "inadvertantly" from the blob last year. Give him something to really drama about.

mkat
12-28-2006, 02:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2709897

pat riley needs to shut up. he plays rough ball, and no one bitches. but when someone does it to his only good player...THEN there's a problem. pfft.

bernardos70
12-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Do not touch Dwyane Wade

Don't touch him, unless you want ESPN to dedicate an entire day to it. We can all thank every higher power that an MRI on the wrist of the great and divinely-delivered Wade revealed no damage.

Yes, Wade is tremendous. But that's not the point. ESPN has been talking about this non-stop. Whatever the insufferable show is called that employs the insufferable Skip Bayless spent a good 10 minutes talking about it. Bayless even went so far as to say Kirk Hinrich does stuff like this all of the time. Sorry, but I find it hard to believe Bayless has watched more than five Bulls games the last three years. "Outside the Lines" led with this. Yes, led with this. What, nothing doing out of the Cowboys camp today?

This is a non-story fueled by the delusional Pat Riley. Whatever Riley says is golden.

"He does it all the time," Riley said of Hinrich. "That's what he does. Anytime Dwyane comes off screens, they will always grab his shirt or grab his hands. It's a tactic down below the body -- the official can't see it. He had Dwyane's hand, and he tried to pull it out of there, I think something happened."

Who is Riley kidding?

And what about James Posey's foul on Luol Deng, in which Posey clothes-lined Deng out of the air? Same Posey who cheap-shotted Hinrich in last year's playoffs and broke rookie Tyrus Thomas' nose in this season's opener.

"From what I could see, he got all ball."

Head, ball, what's the difference?

Once a goon, always a goon.

Update: The Tribune's K.C. Johnson talks about last night's game and both incidents in his weekly Redeye podcast.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_whatsgoinon/

MeganLuvsMavs
12-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Diane Wade...lol

4cwebb
12-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Riley is talking out both sides of his mouth here...below is a quote from an article by Marty Burns interviewing Riley (can be found on sports.yahoo.com - EDIT: this article has been recently posted, although I'm not certain when the interview took place):

SI.com: You gave Bruce Bowen his first real NBA break (with the Heat in '97). What did you think of Knicks coach Isiah Thomas' accusation earlier this season that Bowen intentionally sticks his foot under shooters when they're attempting jump shots?

Riley: I don't get caught up in that. I've learned one thing as a coach: If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything. I used to say a lot of things when I was young. Bruce is a hell of a defender. I don't think there's any controversy. I don't think he does it intentionally. I just think opposing coaches get upset with it.

So, on the one hand, Riley isn't bothered that Bowen has been involved in countless sprained ankles of players he is defending because he slides underneath them when they are shooting jumpers, but Wade injures his wrist because he's getting grabbed running off a screen, and now Hinrich is a dirty player who grabs Wade's wrist all the time?

As for the Lakers' fans not liking Wade, they are just jealous that he has become a better flopper on offense than Kobe (and also gets more preferential treatment from the refs). I still don't hear Wade yell every time he drives to the basket like Kobe, but I'm sure that will come in time.

fluid.forty.one
12-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Posey got suspended for a game lol... I guess Riley does have some dirty players.

Flacolaco
12-30-2006, 11:56 PM
The Miami heat played without Diane tonight

points by quarter:

for a grand total of 68.

Dirkadirkastan
12-31-2006, 12:18 AM
I don't believe in Karma but if anyone wanted to make a case...

dmavs1980
12-31-2006, 12:31 AM
I hope the sprained wrist ruins his career forcing him into early retirement.

Drbio
12-31-2006, 12:39 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/noriegaj/BrokeBacka.jpg

nashtymavsfan13
12-31-2006, 01:42 AM
Lol Doc, that's hilarious!

And the Heat suck, they've gotten killed like the last three games.

fluid.forty.one
12-31-2006, 01:45 AM
Shaq looks a little suprised in that picture.

dmavs1980
12-31-2006, 02:32 AM
Lmao 10 points in 12 minutes!!

As long as the Heat dont make the playoffs,life is good.

Flacolaco
12-31-2006, 02:37 AM
yeah the Heat suck.

but they'll be ready come playoff time. Whether any of us around here like it or not. We can only hope that Chicago can be all they can be in the playoffs. Or that Detroit can pull its head out of its ass

The Western conference is so stacked. talking about the East makes me start laughing uncontrollably

nashtymavsfan13
12-31-2006, 02:52 AM
yeah the Heat suck.

but they'll be ready come playoff time. Whether any of us around here like it or not. We can only hope that Chicago can be all they can be in the playoffs. Or that Detroit can pull its head out of its ass

The Western conference is so stacked. talking about the East makes me start laughing uncontrollably

If the season ended today, they wouldn't make the playoffs. The Cavs, Nets, Bulls, Magic and Pistons could all beat the Heat in the playoffs. I seriously doubt the Heat make the Finals again unless the refs work wonders, which we all know is very possible.