PDA

View Full Version : Bucks lose 10th in a row?

Drbio
04-10-2002, 11:29 PM
Link. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=220410005)

Yikes...talk about trying to enter the playoffs on a roll. The Pacers are now only a game back. This is a battle for perhaps the most meaningless playoff spot in history....whoever gets it will be home after the first three games.

MFFL
04-10-2002, 11:35 PM
With all that talent the Bucks should be contending for the best record in the East. I have no idea what's going wrong up there but that team will be broken up during the offseason if they don't make the playoffs. And they are tied with Toronto for the 7th spot so they might avoid New Jersey.

MavsFanFinley
04-10-2002, 11:49 PM
With the talent they have, they should be in the top 3 in the east easily.

I think injuries have played a part, but ego's even moreso. Their big 3 don't (seemingly) gel on court like our big 3 does. Not sure off the court, but when you have this kind of losing, something isn't pretty behind the scenes either.

George Karl has had his blow-ups, whether just or not.

Anthony Mason, from the games I've seen, gives nothing to that team. Or not what the top dogs were hoping for, imo.

And their role players, whether just or not, seem to want a bigger role than what they should.

I don't see a player stepping up and saying follow my lead either. On any night one of our big 3 will do this and the rest follow.

Just some of my observations.

Hoopsmeister
04-11-2002, 02:39 PM
<< With all that talent the Bucks should be contending for the best record in the East. >>

The same could be said for their 'competition' the Pacers. Isaiah Thomas may just be the worst coach in the NBA.

nekked
04-11-2002, 02:44 PM
how long 'til george karl is at chapel hill coaching the heels??

Hoopsmeister
04-11-2002, 02:46 PM
Karl coaching college kids. Now that's a nightmare waiting to happen.

nekked
04-11-2002, 02:50 PM
he can't possibly be worse than guthridge and doherty..

Big Boy Laroux
04-11-2002, 04:58 PM
ha ha... gotta love it when people have the same icon... i thought hoopsmeister was debating with himself... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

nekked
04-11-2002, 05:24 PM
now that's something we should look into...bringing in your own icon..

i do the same thing with dooby and mff.

Murphy3
04-11-2002, 05:37 PM
i think that only one person should be allowed per icon...obviously, that would involve someone bringing in more icons for use...but, it would be cool...allow for more originality...just a thought

Hoopsmeister
04-11-2002, 05:48 PM
I think I was the first one with the bulldog icon. I know I had it before nekked. So he has to change i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Murphy3
04-11-2002, 06:04 PM
i think i was the first with the nun icon..

reeds
04-11-2002, 06:09 PM
Yep- I thought they would tear it up this year- instead they SUCK!! Injuries were a part of it- but it looks to me like they have just given up. Bastards

MavsFanFinley
04-11-2002, 07:42 PM
<< i do the same thing with dooby and mff. >>

*shudders*

LOL. Only kidding Dooby.

I did bring that up about having to register your icon in the mod lounge a couple weeks ago. DJ hasn't responded yet, which is understandable.

That's the deal with a couple other boards I post on and it's cool cause you can identify a poster by not only their name, but their icon as well.

Drbio
04-11-2002, 10:28 PM
i think that only one person should be allowed per icon...obviously, that would involve someone bringing in more icons for use...but, it would be cool...allow for more originality...just a thought

good idea.

MavsFanFinley
04-12-2002, 09:32 PM
The Bucks free fall continues with the loss to the Pacers in OT.

Wow, it's hard to believe that they might not make the playoffs afterall.

MFFL
04-12-2002, 11:01 PM
To be one of the NBA's final four last year and then not make the playoffs the next must be a hard thing for Buck fans to tolerate.

Drbio
04-13-2002, 09:28 AM
That is one of the biggest collapses in sports history. All they had to do was win about 3 out of ten games to make the playoffs a few weeks ago. Now...they are on the outside looking in. Ugly.