PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan to split with wife.

Drbio
12-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Very sad to hear news like this.....

CHICAGO (AP) -- Michael Jordan (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/players/3464) and his wife, Juanita, filed for divorce Friday after 17 years of marriage.
"Michael and Juanita Jordan mutually and amicably decided to end their 17 year marriage," the couple said in a statement issued through their lawyers. "A judgment for dissolution of their marriage was entered today. There will be no further statements."
Juanita Jordan previously filed for divorce in January 2002, but withdrew her petition a month later when the couple announced they were attempting a reconciliation.
During her last divorce petition, Jordan said attempts to reconcile their marriage had failed and future ones "would be impractical and not in the best interests of the family."
The couple met at a Chicago restaurant during his second season with the Bulls and were married Sept. 2, 1989, in Las Vegas. They have three children: Jeffrey, Marcus and Jasmine.
The 43-year-old Jordan, a part-owner of the Charlotte Bobcats (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/teams/bobcats), led the Bulls to six NBA titles and was a five-time league MVP. He lives in Highland Park, Ill.

aexchange
12-29-2006, 09:56 PM
it's probably b/c jordan is a cheating bastard.

the best player of all time. a morally repugnant person off the court to his wife.

capitalcity
12-29-2006, 10:18 PM
So you're telling me there's a chance...?

Drbio
12-29-2006, 11:35 PM
I bet chum calls AEx a racist even though he is correct by all reports.

So you're telling me there's a chance...?
I'm sure Mike would be happy to appease you. ;)

Murphy3
12-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Jordan needs to get out there and have a little fun... You're only Jordan once..

Flacolaco
12-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Jordan needs to get out there and have a little fun... You're only Jordan once..

I agree. I dont think Jordan has really lived life to its full potential. What has he done with his life?

dirt_dobber
12-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah, well I bet Oprah is happy now!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My first totally random, nonsensical post ever, feels kind of weired.

rakesh.s
12-30-2006, 06:21 PM

he's gonna get some serious action

snoop
12-30-2006, 07:44 PM
wilts record might be in trouble

Astroholic
12-31-2006, 12:04 AM
Michael is known for cheating on his wife? I've never heard anything about that before...

rakesh.s
12-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Michael is known for cheating on his wife? I've never heard anything about that before...

yeah he had a mistress and I guess she figured that she could cash in, so she came out with the story that jordan was having an affair with her. It ended up going to court and he settled with her for a couple million bucks.

MavKikiNYC
12-31-2006, 03:05 PM
December 26, 2006 -- NBA great Michael Jordan hit town last week and played the role of ultimate wingman for friends like Derek Jeter and Patrick Ewing.

First, Jordan had a dinner at Tao with Ewing and Charles Oakley, where the trio rang up a tab upward of $1,000 and tipped 40 percent.

When the players headed out, spies said, Jordan tried to convince a few women to join them at Pink Elephant, where he was meeting Jeter.

One source said, "Jordan was really trying to get this girl to leave with him, and the girl responded, 'Aren't you married?' "

Another source confirmed that Jordan was trying to grab a few girls - but only for his single friends.

chumdawg
12-31-2006, 03:33 PM
"Aren't you married?" Lol.

FINtastic
12-31-2006, 04:31 PM

My question is why wait til you are 40+ and somewhat out of the spotlight to do it (although being that he's Michael Jordan, he can never totally get out of the public spotlight). I really wonder why any of these NBA players get married in the first place. I'm guessing at least 80% of them live sham marriages anyways so what's the point of even getting married?

Dirkadirkastan
12-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Jordan had a dinner at Tao with Ewing and Charles Oakley, where the trio rang up a tab upward of $1,000 and tipped 40 percent.

How long does it take a normal person to eat $1400 worth of food?

Astroholic
12-31-2006, 07:58 PM
My question is why wait til you are 40+ and somewhat out of the spotlight to do it (although being that he's Michael Jordan, he can never totally get out of the public spotlight). I really wonder why any of these NBA players get married in the first place. I'm guessing at least 80% of them live sham marriages anyways so what's the point of even getting married?

Although I agree a lot of pro athletes are not faithful to their spouses and your probably exadurating(sp) with the 80%, but that would be way off . Their are a lot of good characters in the NBA, just a shame the NBA's best player of all time isn't one.

FINtastic
12-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Although I agree a lot of pro athletes are not faithful to their spouses and your probably exadurating(sp) with the 80%, but that would be way off . Their are a lot of good characters in the NBA, just a shame the NBA's best player of all time isn't one.

I don't think I'm really all that far off. These NBA players are faced with temptation to a degree that the average person just really can't fathom. I wish there were more "good family men" in the NBA, but unfortunately I've read enough about the NBA life to know otherwise.

There's also the old joke, which goes, "What's the hardest thing about going on the road? Trying not to smile when you kiss your wife goodbye."

That last line comes from the autobiography of Magic Johnson. Yeah. Kind of knocks the grin off your face, doesn't it?

This excerpt comes from the following article - http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=themagictouch&prov=tsn&type=lgns

I'm sure a lot of these guys in the NBA do have some redeeming qualities to them, but marital fidelity ain't one of them. And hey, when women throw themselves at you, in some ways it's a little hard to blame them. That's why I often wonder why these guys get married in the first place.

Astroholic
12-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Come on, 80% of the NBA cheats on their wifes? That's a bit fantasy to me.

FINtastic
12-31-2006, 11:34 PM
Come on, 80% of the NBA cheats on their wifes? That's a bit fantasy to me.

80% is just a guess on my part. Who knows if it is actually 80% that cheats on their wives? I haven't taken any surveys so you can never know one way or another, but I'm betting the number is a lot higher than anyone would care to admit.

Astroholic
01-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Yeah probably true.