PDA

View Full Version : Morris Peterson?

nashtymavsfan13
01-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Peterson sits as rumors swirl

Thursday, Dec 28, 2006 3:18 pm EST

Morris Peterson did not play for the Toronto Raptors in Wednesday's game against Minnesota. Peterson had missed practice Tuesday, and team officials announced 45 minutes prior to tipoff that he would sit.

Peterson and his expiring contract could be part of a package used to acquire a small forward or shooting guard.

Teams that could be in the market: the Denver Nuggets, New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets and Los Angeles Clippers.

Any thoughts on where he'll end up and if he'd be a good fit here? His $4.5M contract expires after this season.

Dirkadirkastan
01-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Trade Croshere, so we can stop talking about hypothetical Croshere trades.

MavKikiNYC
01-01-2007, 11:09 PM
No Pete to MoPete.

Nash13
01-02-2007, 02:21 AM
i don't want no mavs getting second hand herpes.

kriD
01-02-2007, 05:31 AM
What exactly do you have against him? Looking at his stats, he'd be an improvement over Stack in every category, except FT% (hard to beat Stack there) and assists. Huge upgrade: he appeared in all 82 games for the the last 4 seasons! And he's 3 years younger than Stack...

AxdemxO
01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
I personally like him...and if the Mavs feel like making a move thn why not

MavKikiNYC
01-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Peterson is a journeyman, nothing more.

Also, if you're looking at his stats v. Stackhouse's over the last 3-4 years, Peterson is getting starter minutes (30+) while Stackhouse has clearly been playing as a reserve. Not really relevant to say that his production would constitute an upgrade when he and Stackhouse having been playing different roles.

Stackhouse is riding the rims of his career at this point, but I think he's a better fit for the Mavs than Peterson for now. Mavs should be looking to upgrade the 2, but I would prefer to see them look around longer than to settle for Peterson.

AxdemxO
01-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Like i said i would like having him here if the Mavs made the move, but whts funny to me is how some people make every player that is mentioned on here seem like a bad player or a cancer. Peterson is a good guy and a good player. I dont think we need him though.

People said NVE was a cancer and look wht he did for us bak in the dayy, they said Stack was a cancer and he has he;lped us so much throughout the years....personally i just hate when people say that and i thinks its ignorant. Every so called cancer/bad player that has come to Dallas has loved it, contributed a lot, sacraficed and changed.

Drbio
01-02-2007, 04:57 PM
i don't want no mavs getting second hand herpes.

:eek:

:D

AxdemxO
01-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Peterson is a journeyman, nothing more.

How is he a journey mann?????..he has played all of his career with the Raptors

dalmations202
01-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Just say NO MO! ;)

atrewsfan
01-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Peterson's a way better defender than Stackhouse.

MavKikiNYC
01-02-2007, 05:03 PM
How is he a journey mann?????..he has played all of his career with the Raptors
Well, he has to travel all the way up to Toronto, right?

AxdemxO
01-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Well, he has to travel all the way up to Toronto, right?

IDK..if you say so..but i think u were just wrong on that.

He would still be good here if we needed him, but we dont. He can play some pg too i think. So give them AJ. Then we will have 3 expiring contracts.

kriD
01-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Also, if you're looking at his stats v. Stackhouse's over the last 3-4 years, Peterson is getting starter minutes (30+) while Stackhouse has clearly been playing as a reserve.
Except for last season, it's a push minute wise:

Stack
03-04: 29.8 mins
04-05: 28.9
05-06: 27.7
06-07: 26.2

Peterson
03-04: 26.2
04-05: 30.6
05-06: 38.3
06-07: 25.7

This season, Peterson has been coming from the bench too. His stats still beat Stack's in every category (exceptions as mentioned before), most importantly FG%, 3P% and rebounds. In contrary to Stack, Peterson is also providing good perimeter defense.

Of course, if there's someone even better available, I don't care about Peterson either. But is there really?

nashtymavsfan13
01-02-2007, 06:38 PM
I wasn't like suggesting Peterson is someone we should go after, I just thought it was interesting that he is on the trade block right now when there has been a lot of talk on this board about needing an upgrade at the 2 guard. He seems like a solid option to me and I donno if they'd take Croshere for him. Everybody seems to be all for trading Cro (I wouldn't mind either) so it's an idea.

kriD
01-13-2007, 04:48 AM
Pistons interested in MoPete

January 12, 2007
DOUG SMITH
SPORTS REPORTER

BOSTON–Another day, another team interested in Morris Peterson.

Two NBA sources confirmed yesterday the Detroit Pistons are trying to repatriate the Michigan native, calling to see if Raptor general manager Bryan Colangelo is interested in dealing Peterson back to his home state.

That would bring the number of teams looking into Peterson to almost a dozen.

It would be folly, however, to think Colangelo would make a lateral move involving the seven-year veteran, whose resurgent play of late has made him a key component of Toronto's second unit.

"Several teams continue to call and inquire about certain players on our roster," Colangelo said yesterday as the Raptors prepared to meet Boston tonight.

"While we are certainly looking to improve our basketball team and making those same calls, nothing has been suggested or discussed with any team to date that we are prepared to act on."

Peterson is in the final year of a contract that pays him $4.55 million (U.S.) this season.

nashtymavsfan13
01-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Wow, if they get him too they will easily be the team to beat in the East.