PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Pete Maravich

TheBlueVan
01-04-2007, 02:18 PM
I was reading the new SI and it has this article about maravich in it where all the guys who played him say he was the "best ever". so i started poking around and thanks to youtube, found some stuff

i like the fake behind the back pass in this one. its a long vid, but has some good stuff in it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Y5KAaercTI

heres another good one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M_4OIOtKI1E

can you imagine if he played now?

u2sarajevo
01-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Flippin sweet.

I noticed in some of the shots he was wearing "PISTOL" on the back of his jersey... was that in 'exhibition' games like the All-Star game? Or was he allowed that in the regular season? If so, did anyone else have their nickname on the back of their jersey?

Flacolaco
01-04-2007, 04:17 PM
I noticed in some of the shots he was wearing "PISTOL" on the back of his jersey... was that in 'exhibition' games like the All-Star game? Or was he allowed that in the regular season? If so, did anyone else have their nickname on the back of their jersey?

actually yes.....last week, AJ2 had "SPARE" on the back of his jersey

fluid.forty.one
01-04-2007, 04:37 PM
That was nuts

TheBlueVan
01-04-2007, 04:50 PM
isnt that guy incredible? i cant believe he died so early

alby
01-04-2007, 10:37 PM
i watched a story on him on 20/20 or dateline (one of those primetime shows)

that guy is incredible.

MavsX
01-05-2007, 09:36 AM
yeah what a legend

alexamenos
01-05-2007, 10:28 AM
nice

ocelot_ark
01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
One of my best friends and I used to sit around and watch this documentary or something like that all the time on Pistol Pete. We'd watch it, then go outside and try to figure out how to do some of his stuff. He was very under appreciated in his time.

Drbio
01-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Pete was the greatest pure shooter ever. The guy used to practice shooting from spots on the floor. Not looking at the hoop but from spots on the floor. He knew how to shoot from every single point on a basketball court. He could do it blindfolded. There have a been a couple of players who had this ability over the years (one was a Knick whose name escapes me right now) but they grew up learning how to shoot using that method. It makes me wonder why we don't teach our young athletes this manner of shooting today.

Pete was awesome.

TheBlueVan
01-05-2007, 06:11 PM
he used to carry a ball with him everywhere, even use it as a pillow to sleep. one time pete's dad had him lay down in the backseat of the car with the door open and he dribbled out the door while his dad drove the car...insane

DubOverdose
01-06-2007, 03:13 PM
I have some Pistol Pete Adidas shoes...they're friggin' sick. They sold them at the store in Northpark. They also have track jackets and stuff like that for Pistol Pete.