PDA

View Full Version : Cold and dreary--alone--out on the ledge, peering down into the deep abyss...

Big Shot Rob
01-06-2007, 09:36 PM
First--Congrats to the Mavs (again!) for a great victory.

My spinal cord barely touches the wall as I peer over the ledge, ready for the final plunge.

Oh hell...

Here it goes....

Spurs--thanks for the memories and the three rings.

It was a great run.

It is apparent that the run is now over...

nashtymavsfan13
01-06-2007, 09:40 PM
If I were you, I'd cut your losses and jump off the ledge and onto the heavily moving Dallas Mavericks bandwagon.

fluid.forty.one
01-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow you're a weirdo.

Drbio
01-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Every spurts fan I have talked to is like this today.

I guess the spurts are all SA folk have and when they suck there is mass depression and hysteria.

dude1394
01-06-2007, 10:56 PM
If I were you, I'd cut your losses and jump off the ledge and onto the heavily moving Dallas Mavericks bandwagon.

Better get there early, it's going to get very,very crowded.

chumdawg
01-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Why would your spinal cord near touch the wall? That's kinda weird...

The Spurs's window started closing last year. Yes, now I think it's slamming shut.

Hell of run, though. Good job while it lasted.

That team really doesn't play the role of underdog well, so you are probably better off going ahead and jumping ship now. I suspect that the end is going to be bitter.

nashtymavsfan13
01-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Better get there early, it's going to get very,very crowded.

Yeah, and it's pretty unfortunate. I hate bandwagon fans. They always act like been fans for a really long time too, it's really annoying.

FINtastic
01-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Can I have your baseball cards, BSR?

twelli
01-07-2007, 12:15 AM
bowen makes the three, Dirk fouls out in OT and we might have a whole different outcome...

it is waaaay too early too say that the Spurs are too old and cannot win against the Mavs anymore...

Suns, Spurs, Mavs are still pretty close, although it appears that the Spurs have a weaker/older supporting cast than the other two teams

Drbio
01-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Can I have your baseball cards, BSR?

LOL...that is so wrong Fin.....;)

nashtymavsfan13
01-07-2007, 12:24 AM
bowen makes the three, Dirk fouls out in OT and we might have a whole different outcome...

it is waaaay too early too say that the Spurs are too old and cannot win against the Mavs anymore...

Suns, Spurs, Mavs are still pretty close, although it appears that the Spurs have a weaker/older supporting cast than the other two teams

That's true, but you have to consider it was our third game in 4 days, the second night of a back to back, and on the road. They also played their absolute best basketball in the first half if not longer. Yet the Mavs still won. If Bowen makes that three, and Dirk fouls out yes the Spurs would most likely have won, but given the circumstances even sending the game to OT is pretty darn good.

The Mavs have surpassed the Spurs. The Spurs are now the underdog. When/if we play them in the playoffs they should and most likely will be considered the underdog. I fear them half as much as I used too. I have total confidence in the Mavs and have no doubts that they can beat them in a seven game series, and will beat them. Yes, they are still a very good team and their fans shouldn't jump ship, but their is no doubt that we are now better.

FINtastic
01-07-2007, 12:31 AM
LOL...that is so wrong Fin.....;)

Never hurts to ask ;)

EricaLubarsky
01-07-2007, 01:17 AM
Cherry or Grape?

Usually Lurkin
01-07-2007, 05:32 AM

In overtime, the Spurs would have been even older and slower than they were during regulation.

No need to jump, BSR, that ledge you are standing on is collapsing anyway. Just ride it down. It'll be fun.

antoinewalker
01-07-2007, 01:22 PM
you're a terrible fan if you're going to give up on your team when it's not even halfway through the season and you're still the 4th seed in the tough western conference. you still have a 23-11 record. everyone in the eastern conference and most people in the western conference would love to be in your position.

dude1394
01-07-2007, 03:27 PM
It's going to be very tough after memphis beats them today. very tough.

Flacolaco
01-07-2007, 03:29 PM
yeah I think you need to chill dude.

The Spurs will be in tip top shape come playoff time, and I will be hating them so much.....

dude1394
01-07-2007, 03:33 PM
yeah I think you need to chill dude.

The Spurs will be in tip top shape come playoff time, and I will be hating them so much.....

about what memphis beating them? I don't think they are going anywhere but being up 5 is a good thing. Hoping for spurts to lose is a texas tradition.

It's a back-to-back, no parker and memphis is now playing a wide-open run up and down the floor game. I could actually see a blow-out.

mkat
01-08-2007, 12:04 AM
about what memphis beating them? I don't think they are going anywhere but being up 5 is a good thing. Hoping for spurts to lose is a texas tradition.

It's a back-to-back, no parker and memphis is now playing a wide-open run up and down the floor game. I could actually see a blow-out.

that worked out well didn't it?

the spurs are fine. they're just not as good as they used to be, but they'll be a challenge in the playoffs just like last year.

they really should look into getting some new talent, though. i mean...someone who can be a future superstar.

dude1394
01-08-2007, 12:16 AM
that worked out well didn't it?

the spurs are fine. they're just not as good as they used to be, but they'll be a challenge in the playoffs just like last year.

they really should look into getting some new talent, though. i mean...someone who can be a future superstar.

Nope, not like I had hopoed. I thought it a winnable game for memphis. It appeared that manu was flat out outrageous (39 points, 6-8 on threes or something).

Thespiralgoeson
01-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Every spurts fan I have talked to is like this today.

I guess the spurts are all SA folk have and when they suck there is mass depression and hysteria.

Hey, they also have Sea World.

Drbio
01-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey, they also have Sea World.

And nothing brings someone off the ledge like shamu! :D

untitled
01-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Ugh. After one semester, I don't think I'll be sticking around here too long post-graduation.

So far, the best part of going to school in San Antonio is that I'm only an hour away from Austin, compared to being three hours from Dallas.

Hooray.

rabbitproof
01-08-2007, 05:39 PM
This thread makes my toes dance.

Drbio
01-08-2007, 08:06 PM
This thread makes my toes dance.

Like this????

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/saddam.gif

Big Shot Rob
01-09-2007, 11:51 AM
My baseball cards to FINtastic...

My David Robinson rookie card to Drbio...

My Avery Johnson card to...who wants my AJ card?

My Manu T-shirt to Chum...

More on my Last Will and Testament to come...

Big Shot Rob
01-09-2007, 11:56 AM
PS to Doc...

All we have in SA...the Spurs.

We are devout Cowboy fans...

Devout Longhorn fans...

But for our own ...

Just the Spurs.

Like I have said before--I will never abandon them as long as there is a game to play.

It just seems clear to me that as much as I hate to admit it--we are simply too old and too slow to match up anymore.

Drbio
01-09-2007, 02:12 PM
You have the Alamo. And as God as my witness I will not let anyone fark with the Alamo. ;)

Usually Lurkin
01-09-2007, 02:49 PM
We are devout Cowboy fans...

Devout Longhorn fans...

way off topic, but if SA were to get it's own team (chargers or whatever) would you and those you know cheer for the Cowboys or the new hometeam when they meat up?

Also, there is a UT in SA. Why no love for the roadrunners? Come on, buck it up for the home team, man.

untitled
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
way off topic, but if SA were to get it's own team (chargers or whatever) would you and those you know cheer for the Cowboys or the new hometeam when they meat up?

Also, there is a UT in SA. Why no love for the roadrunners? Come on, buck it up for the home team, man.
UTSA is not Div. 1-A, so I don't think people care. As far as I can tell, folks here root for the Dallas football team, the Austin university's sports teams, and the Houston baseball team.

Big Shot Rob
01-13-2007, 03:42 PM
More from my BSR Last Will...

More items to give away as I plunge from the ledge into the deep, deep abyss...

Sean Elliott Memorial Day Miracle autograped front page SA Express News goes to...Flaco;

Eva Longoria's bright red thong autographed by Tony Parker--George Gervin;

Copy of Michael Finley's medical bills after getting punched in the balls by Jason Terry--Nasty Mavs Fan

More to come...

antoinewalker
01-14-2007, 03:04 AM
you are being way too overdramatic.

MavsX
01-14-2007, 06:53 AM
you jump yet? i hope so...

MavsX
01-14-2007, 06:54 AM
HEY BSR Prove your faith in the Mavs by standing on your head for an hour, send me a PM when your done. Your time starts..................................now

Usually Lurkin
01-14-2007, 07:29 AM
As far as I can tell, folks here root for the Dallas football team, the Austin university's sports teams, and the Houston baseball team.

yeah. But SA has been trying to get a football team for ages. Will people give up their Cowboys love for a brand new SA NFL team? The few San Antonians I've spoken to are split about 50/50 right now.

Big Shot Rob
01-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Sssh==I am concentrating on my last will and testament before I plunge off of this ledge into that deep, dark abyss.

I have my prized George Gervin poster--still in its original wrapping;

I am grasping onto my nephew's homemade poster for the 1999 NBA Finals against the Knicks--'REMEMBER THE ELLIE-MOE" (for Mario Ellie).

No--that has way too much sentimental value. I have to keep that.

I am beginning to have second thoughts as I peer over the ledge into the black darkness.

My Spurs are not the best team in basketball--the Mavs are,

The Spurs won't win a championship this year--this is the year of the Mavs.

Oops--almost fell off there...

fluid.forty.one
01-14-2007, 12:23 PM
This isn't funny or entertaining even in a sad way, it's just stupid and it shows how much of a loser you are. Just cut it out and leave.. it's getting far too creepy.

And stop re-inventing your posting style. Who uses two == instead of a comma anyway? It sounds like your insecurities are feeding off the positive energy you get from other teams fans by sucking up to THEIR team. What kind of fan is that.

Anyway, this is getting old and tiresome, hope the ledge gives way quickly.

Murphy3
01-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Actually, I think it's kinda funny. But, I'm a loser too, so I suppose that explains it.

dude1394
01-14-2007, 03:18 PM
I think it's funny and I like the diversity of it all. Who else would have a fan from our biggest rival committing suicide (very,very slowly I might add) right here on our messageboard.

Big Shot Rob
01-14-2007, 04:56 PM
To my friend, fluid.forty.one...

My comic book collection consisting of DC and Marvel comics from the 1960's...

Oh wait...scratch that...forgot--.he disapproves of my appointment with destiny...

To fluid---my autographed copies of Dale Carneige's classics "How to win friends and influence people" and "How to stop worrying and start living" (the latter with numerous notes and highlights by Greg Popovich)...

Yeah--better...much better...

dude1394
01-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Man I loved those Conan the Barbarian comics drawn by Barry Smith. You got any of those?

Big Shot Rob
01-15-2007, 11:16 AM
I believe that I have some--not many.

I was a huge Superman fan. I have a few from the 1940's. I was a kid in the 60's and started collecting when I was in the 4th grade. I kept all of them and actually have listed them in my actual last will and testament.

Kids don't know what they are missing. Comics used to be 10-12 cents each. Could get two for a quarter.

Now lets see...

Bonner out for many weeks with a torn MCL--probably will be of limited impact in playoffs.

Spurs not likely to make any substantive moves in the trading area before the deadline.

Horry and Finley's minutes going to go up now.

I can feel the ledge crumbling...

Did you feel that tremor?

Even Spurs fans acknowledge the Mavs are odds on favorites...

I have a few more items to bequeath before I meet my demise...

Fluid...don't get mad at me...

Now lets see--oh yeah--

My James Silas jersey...

Any takers?

More to come..from the ledge as I peer down into the deep dark abyss.........

Flacolaco
01-15-2007, 11:19 AM
I see the Spurs like the (fcking) Patriots.

When the playoffs come, they don't do a lot of screwing around.

Get off the ledge. Have a beer. You can jump after the Mavs beat them in round 2 again.

Big Shot Rob
01-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Flaco extending his hand, telling me to come in (its cold on that ledge).

Thank you Flaco--just for that--my George Gervin poster to you, my friend.

Still--I see the deep dark abyss call out to me--beckoning me now--to end it all before the playoffs begin and the humiliation sets in--at this rate the Spurs would get knocked out in the first round.

How did we get to this point? Overnight we became old and slow. Our chief rival got younger and faster--and with our little general becoming the head coach.

Thanks for the help, Flaco.

Still--the abyss has me in its clutches.

I can feel ,myself beginning to black out.....

Big Shot Rob
01-15-2007, 05:35 PM
...I almost fell off when a group of MLK marchers came around the corner and started yelling at me.

I could see a guy wearing a MAV's shirt--he was the guy yelling 'JUMP YOU F'ING ..."

(censored)

Can' t take it anymore--more misery today as the Spurs lost to Da Bulls...

Oh well...

Here it goes...

nashtymavsfan13
01-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Lol, this thread is funny, you are way too pessimistic right now BSR.

Drbio
01-15-2007, 08:20 PM
This thread is a lot of things....

disturbing comes to mind....

Big Shot Rob
01-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Woosh

Big Shot Rob
01-16-2007, 11:16 AM
My apologies to all--

Suicide is not a subject that should be dealt with in such a cavalier manner. In my own past--when I was ill, had a broken body and a broken spirit, I too once contemplated ending my life.

By jumping off the ledge--what I had obviously meant is that I would no longer harbor any hope that my beloved team would be a major player in the playoffs this year.

I have lost that hope.

Most Spurs fans that I know of feel the same way.

The best that I can possibly hope for is that the team does not suffer an injury--that the team shows character even in defeat--

The Mavs deserve the success that they are enjoying. They went through many years of hardship and heartache.

While I will continue to be a Spurs fan--and continue to root for them--I know the superior team is the Mavs.

Like last year when I first joined with you after you defeated my Spurs, I will root with you for the Mavs after SA is eliminated.

capitalcity
01-16-2007, 12:00 PM
I have lost that hope.

Most Spurs fans that I know of feel the same way.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/395/simpsonsburns4qd.jpg

Flacolaco
01-16-2007, 12:02 PM
The Mavs deserve the success that they are enjoying.

Avery Johnson would tell you they haven't had any success yet.

And I would agree.

MavsX
01-16-2007, 09:40 PM
BSR....

1. cut a hole in a box
2. put your junk in that box
3. make her open the box

And that's the way you do it. Do that you will feel better..and i know from experience if you know what i mean...

rmacomic
11-26-2007, 11:46 PM
I think this needed to be bumped, just for perspective.